Bee Line Advocacy Group

Lawrence St

On 9/20/2019 at 4:00 PM, Axis said:

At the very least, I would consider the two things NICE Bus of all places has, yet Bee-Line doesn’t...sufficient Sunday service & overnight service.

Here’s what I would generally change for each route:

W1 - The branches stop running maybe an hour or so too early on the n/b side. Plus, if Bee-Line were to take a page from NICE, the branches should just have distinct numbers & thus be allowed to transfer between.

W4 - Sunday service ends a bit too early as it stands (even with fairly recent added evening service).

W5 - Combining the last weekday n/b trip from Yonkers to Odell Avenue with the last n/b trip from White Plains to Harrison, into a full-length Yonkers to Harrison is definitely a step in the right direction. Now if only they’d beef up Sunday service to Saturday’s levels.

W6 - Increasing Sunday service to at least hourly could do this route some good.

W7 - Evening service suddenly dropping to hourly from half-hourly isn’t so sightly tbh

W12 - I have to wonder how much longer this route could really last, in terms of maintaining service outside of hours...especially given how SUNY Purchase & Manhattanville College have their own shuttles to begin with.

W13 - I wouldn’t really change much here, aside from...I have to wonder what’s become of the idea of possibly putting artics on the route again in the future...

W14 - I would not keep service at hourly headways. Half-hourly (while more convenient) would probably be a bit excessive...but I wouldn’t keep it at current service levels.

W16 - *squints at unsightly three hour gap in service east of JV during weekday PM rush hours*

W20 - This route has more of a runtime distribution issue. Not enough time during weekdays & Sundays, a bit too much time on Saturdays. The weekday n/b W20X trips during the PM rush should probably become W21 trips, so people who want to go to CCSC can stop boarding & overcrowding the wrong trips.

W25 - I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on this route on Google Maps Live Arrival lately. And...I’m not happy. Runtimes are not enough. Late night weekday service finds the only two buses in circulation going back & forth between Yonkers & Bronx RIGHT ON TOP OF EACH OTHER. You must be out of your mind to want to wait an hour (if not more) for the W25 at 9/10 PM or so. But hey, at least this allows the 40+ minute late driver to “extend” service to run until past midnight~ /sarcasm

W28 - Restore to pre-2009 levels & pricing. /thread

W40 - n/b weekday service becomes infrequent a bit too early & too abruptly. I would also consider having more trips (maybe every other trip) terminate in the Bronx regularly.

W42 - Truncating most service to 241 St? Not smart. You miss connections with the W25, W26, and Bx31 by doing that.

W45 - Half hourly service all-day would do a huge solid for this route (weekdays & Saturdays). Maybe increase the current Sunday service level to the current Saturday level.

W55 - Infrequent, not enough runtime per trip during rush hours. Increasing to 20 minute headways would help a ton.

W60 - I would keep 40 ft buses off this route during rush hours. And probably have more Sunday service going towards White Plains (4:20 PM being the last n/b departure out of Fordham on Sundays is simply way too early).

W62 - I feel like the current number of s/b trips is probably not enough (nor are they scheduled sensibly).

W66 - I’m legitimately surprised this route has been seemingly immune to cuts/elimination, given it’s ridership levels (from what I’ve seen since I use it pretty often).

W78 - This route is the perfect example of how Sunday service SHOULD be. In the midst of all the barebones service (if any) on most routes on Sundays, this one trooper stays strong. Also, they finally updated the rollsign program for Central Avenue-bound trips.

W91 - This route is the perfect opportunity for a Limited Stop year-round service to help out the W7 & W42.

I love all of these proposal too bad the redesign doesn't match most of this besides giving more freqeunt and longer hours of service

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply