Metro North testing

Thinklikeamango

28 minutes ago, Gacerra1 said:

Im currently doing the background check and submitting tax documents etx... i applied in april of 2018. I was told the next step is a formal interview, physical ability, medical, drug test. 

Didnt hear anything about any more testing other than the 90 day probation period. 

Congratulations! That's great no other testing then. As long as your bg check goes good, interview, you will be ok. I interviewed in mid february and haven't heard anything yet so you may take awhile to hear something possibly. Thinklikeamango is still interviewing for the position as well. I feel we will be hired in as a group like alot of the others say usually happens on the forum. 

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, CrazyD said:

Congratulations! That's great no other testing then. As long as your bg check goes good, interview, you will be ok. I interviewed in mid february and haven't heard anything yet so you may take awhile to hear something possibly. Thinklikeamango is still interviewing for the position as well. I feel we will be hired in as a group like alot of the others say usually happens on the forum. 

Thank you, congrats to you as well. Where are you located ? I heard 30 track workers will be hired this year and the class is april but ia un reliable source. 

1 hour ago, Gacerra1 said:

Thank you, congrats to you as well. Where are you located ? I heard 30 track workers will be hired this year and the class is april but ia un reliable source. 

I'm in putnam county. Where did you hear that from? It sounds accurate. I think people are going to start being called in soon if they are chosen for medical and drug test in that case. 

On 3/5/2019 at 4:57 PM, CrazyD said:

I think you might be the last interview. After that then the medical I believe. 

Just finished the interview I think it went pretty good, answered all the questions one of the men even said "that's a good answer" to one of the questions I answered. Now we just wait and see what happens.

11 minutes ago, Thinklikeamango said:

Just finished the interview I think it went pretty good, answered all the questions one of the men even said "that's a good answer" to one of the questions I answered. Now we just wait and see what happens.

Did they say when the classes are going in for track?

18 minutes ago, FrankRizzo said:

Hello everyone who has interviewed with Metro North. Has anyone heard back or begun the physical abilities / drug test? If so how long after you interviewed did it take to hear back?

Thanks!

I just completed background investigation last week, waiting for an interview. Took track worker exam on 3/8

1 hour ago, FrankRizzo said:

Hello everyone who has interviewed with Metro North. Has anyone heard back or begun the physical abilities / drug test? If so how long after you interviewed did it take to hear back?

Thanks!

Haven't heard a thing man. 

21 minutes ago, FrankRizzo said:

Would we be notified if we passed the interview or would it be in our application section of our MTA account? I see it says I passed pre-screening for a few of the jobs I applied for.

I don't think so. I believe you'll just get an email scheduling you for a drug test and medical but I'm not 100%.

49 minutes ago, FrankRizzo said:

Would we be notified if we passed the interview or would it be in our application section of our MTA account? I see it says I passed pre-screening for a few of the jobs I applied for.

I would check both just to be sure. Like mango said I'm not 100% either. 

41 minutes ago, FrankRizzo said:

Damn, it's been almost 5 months since my interview. Has anyone applied for any other positions like assistant conductor trainee? I've applied to at least 20 different jobs and only got called to test and interview for one.

Have you tried calling and asking if your still being considered for the position maybe you can talk to the recruiter.