Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, AbstractSector said:

I received dates for medical/final processing on March 17, and training on March 27.

USPS money order..? What a mystery.

@AbstractSector Good Morning 👋

1. Couple of questions for you. Is your exam number 9618?

2. What day did u complete your drug testing?

3. How many days was it btwn the time u started initial processing till they called u back for the medical/final processing?

4. And was this correspondence via post, phone call or email?

Thanks in advance, as I know it's a lot of questions. I'm tryna see something lol.

13 hours ago, Big bear10 said:

Wondering if I need the actual cdl permit card for pre employment 🤔I just have the temporary one till I get the real permit in the mail. I have class A license for a while been driving tractor trailers but I need this benefits fingers crossed good luck to everyone.

@Big bear10 this thread is for Exam 9618 as an FYI so not to confuse you. There's a thread for your exam number as well ☺️ But to answer your question, at the time of processing you will need your CDL B permit or License w/ Airbrakes and Passenger endorsement. Blessings to u 🙏🏾

4 minutes ago, MR2 said:

Whatsup @AprilCakes! I’m on 9618 list number 27x. @Tony86 I took my drug screening March 6th and haven’t heard back for day 2

Interesting @MR2 Took mine this Monday that just passed. When you go in there, they say anywhere from 3-90 days to hear back 😬. But hoping for otherwise, I'd like to hear from some ppl on our Exam number who has gotten a call bak lol. But I am gonna be on top of them lol

2 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

Interesting @MR2 Took mine this Monday that just passed. When you go in there, they say anywhere from 3-90 days to hear back 😬. But hoping for otherwise, I'd like to hear from some ppl on our Exam number who has gotten a call bak lol. But I am gonna be on top of them lol

Did you give all your paperwork in yet? Or just drug test?

1 minute ago, Tony86 said:

My list number is less than 20 and hearing its based on list number when they call you for final processing, leads to some confusion on my part. When others with a higher list have already been called.

@Tony86 my list number is in the 8's but I didn't go down for final processing I went in for Drug testing/application. Did they not call u for that yet? And I forget ur 9618 right Tony?

7 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

@Tony86 my list number is in the 8's but I didn't go down for final processing I went in for Drug testing/application. Did they not call u for that yet? And I forget ur 9618 right Tony?

Yes 9618 list <20

2 minutes ago, MR2 said:

@AprilCakes yeah you see I only took the drug test and gave in no paperwork, doesn’t make sense. @Tony86 couldn’t agree with you anymore, I called HR and went back and fourth over the matter but was just told I have to wait. Can’t win against them

It's just discouraging and stressful to hear people who went in at a later date and higher on the list get called back for final processing when I haven't heard a peep. I'm just worried that they mishandled my paperwork or test and I have to go back and do it again.

9 minutes ago, Tony86 said:

Yes 9618 list <20

It's just discouraging and stressful to hear people who went in at a later date and higher on the list get called back for final processing when I haven't heard a peep. I'm just worried that they mishandled my paperwork or test and I have to go back and do it again.

@MR2 yea I didn't hand in Birth Certificate or anything either. Just ID and application w/ drug test. And what questions did you ask HR when you called them?

And @Tony86 wat constitutes as final processing? Doing the medical and getting called for training? And who do u kno in this forum from 9618 tht got called so I can ask them some questions 🤣 

3 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

@MR2 yea I didn't hand in Birth Certificate or anything either. Just ID and application w/ drug test. And what questions did you ask HR when you called them?

And @Tony86 wat constitutes as final processing? Doing the medical and getting called for training? And who do u kno in this forum from 9618 tht got called so I can ask them some questions 🤣 

Cuz @Tony86 remembr, we are TA and so maybe, just maybe, the standard operating procedure for us is different. We're not MabStoa or watever like some other ppl who pop out in here w/ other list numbers. But then again, I'm no expert. However, I do kno tht some of the ppl that pop out in here aren't 9618 either so I wudnt go off them 

5 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

@AprilCakes asked why ppl with higher list numbers got to get further in the process and was told that’s just how it goes. So I asked why is there a list if it’s not called by its specific order numbers and was just told everyone’s situation is different

Just now, MR2 said:

@AprilCakes asked why ppl with higher list numbers got to get further in the process and was told that’s just how it goes. So I asked why is there a list if it’s not called by its specific order numbers and was just told everyone’s situation is different

Oh nah, that's weird. But like, who did ya'll see that's further in the process? 

19 minutes ago, AprilCakes said:

I'm not entirely sure of the whole process but yes completing the medical and receiving dates to go to training.

4 minutes ago, Tony86 said:

I'm not entirely sure of the whole process but yes completing the medical and receiving dates to go to training.

So do either u or @MR2 know of someone from 9618 that's been called in for medical and training? I mean, I wanna kno lol. Who are these ppl, so I can ask some questions 😝 

1 minute ago, MR2 said:

@MR2 how'd I make the list? 😝 I'm in the same boat as you. @AbstractSector is going in for training in a week or 2 but he isn't 9618 either, so I wudnt focus on him. But I only went for drug testing/application as well. I haven't hit part 2 which is final processing (medical/training).