Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

Hey I have a question. The points on the abstracts gets to be counted from the date of violation or the date of conviction? Received a 5 points violation on 03/11/2018 but got convicted on 2/14/2020. If since 2018 it’s a little over 4 years! Please help. I need to know. Thank u 

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I, too, have received the phone calls in January stating they'll call me at the end of February. However, I haven't received a call yesterday like some commenters have stated above. My list # starts with the number 8. Hoping I hear something back this week. 🤞🏾

3 hours ago, Mimi85 said:

Hey I have a question. The points on the abstracts gets to be counted from the date of violation or the date of conviction? Received a 5 points violation on 03/11/2018 but got convicted on 2/14/2020. If since 2018 it’s a little over 4 years! Please help. I need to know. Thank u 

I am not 100% sure but I believe they start from the time you received the violation. Try to reply to a message from a Senior in MTA by the name of +Young+ He's created this post and would be able to give you the definitive answer. But off the top of my head I believe it's based off the violation date and not the date of conviction. 

6 hours ago, Mimi85 said:

Go on the DMV website and download your abstract it's $7 dollars. See if the points are still on there

Yes! I got the email on 3/01/22 to come down to Brooklyn on 3/14. Unfortunately 3 years is a long time and life still happens, so I'm currently in Los Angeles till September. So i had to push my name back 😟😔 hopefully my named doesn't get called again till then. I think you can push your name back 3 times. I'm list 3×× by the way.

1 hour ago, Eddieoil said:

Took the MTA B/O test back in November 2021,was called in for my urine screen January 2nd of this year still to hear anything what's the usual wait for a call back for the medical phase?thank you

Ohhhh man I went through this back in October 2021 with exam 0100 did my drug test and never heard back. I know I passed cuz I don’t smoke. I go down in person to see wth is going on and they told me they sent out a letter stating I should come in for my medical portion. I never received anything smh and till this day I’ve heard nothing. Don’t bother calling no one answers them phones. Go down in person and see. Good luck.

Thanks,yeah I've been calling and nothing I let the phone ring on time for 5mins. And nothing, mail omg who uses the mail system anymore the day of the urine screen all they did was yell out " check your emali,email, your spam.etc." although I have been paying attention to the mail but nothing , so yeah appreciate that will go down to 180 Livingston tomorrow, and good luck to you

Does anyone know if we need to email back the fill out pre employment application or simply print it out and bring it to the interview. In the email it said to print out the application and bring it to office. However in the application, it's stated to email the application and supporting documents.

Does anybody have knowledge of anyone or personal experience with getting your name/appointment date pushed back?? I know you can do it 3 times, I'm in California till late July and i was sent an email to come to 180 on the 14th. I've sent multiple emails to the email that was provided with the appointment announcement. Haven't heard anything back yet. I'm list 3xx. Would my name/number be called again b4 July/August?

8 hours ago, HeadhunterCali said:

Does anybody have knowledge of anyone or personal experience with getting your name/appointment date pushed back?? I know you can do it 3 times, I'm in California till late July and i was sent an email to come to 180 on the 14th. I've sent multiple emails to the email that was provided with the appointment announcement. Haven't heard anything back yet. I'm list 3xx. Would my name/number be called again b4 July/August?

Hola and Happy Saturday. I thought someone had answered this for u earlier on in the thread, check bak in-case you missed it. Otherwise, I'd hit up +Young+ in a DM about this question. As he appears to be a vet and also the person who controls this thread. 

Blessings to u. My list number starts w/ an 8. Patiently waiting and quietly breaking dwn in the process 🙄

21 hours ago, Tony86 said:

Does anyone know if we need to email back the fill out pre employment application or simply print it out and bring it to the interview. In the email it said to print out the application and bring it to office. However in the application, it's stated to email the application and supporting documents.

Hey Tony, I noticed the same exact discrepancy! So I'm assuming that the wording on the application is outdated and the information in the email is the most up-to-date/current. 

I'm thinking they did want you to email them in the past but they found it a pain to go through 500+ emails containing application every few weeks. So they are just asking to fill out, print and bring with you so when you are they in person they can go over the application with you in front of them at their leisure. (This is just an educated guess though so take that with a grain of salt.)

Edited by Kenstyles

On 3/2/2022 at 3:42 PM, AprilCakes said:

I, too, have received the phone calls in January stating they'll call me at the end of February. However, I haven't received a call yesterday like some commenters have stated above. My list # starts with the number 8. Hoping I hear something back this week. 🤞🏾

Hey April they only call a few hundred at a time process everybody and then call the next batch of people. Since you’re in the 800s they’ll probably call you in 2–3 weeks.  From what I understand 2–300 people start the training every couple of weeks.

Edited by Kenstyles

5 minutes ago, Kenstyles said:

Hey April they only call a few hundred at a time process everybody and then call the next batch of people. Since you’re in the 800s they’ll probably call you in 2–3 weeks.  From what I understand 2–300 people start the training every couple of weeks.

I hope you’re right! I’ve been waiting way too long… I really need this! 

1 hour ago, Kenstyles said:

Thank u for your input Kenstyles, much appreciated from what seems like a well-seasoned person of expertise. Desperately waiting 🤞🏾🙏🏾😔

14 hours ago, AprilCakes said:

Thank u for your input Kenstyles, much appreciated from what seems like a well-seasoned person of expertise. Desperately waiting 🤞🏾🙏🏾😔

I'm not well seasoned at all 😅 I’ve been waiting just like everyone else. I’ve just been gathering Intel from the conversation threads from the older tests.

A couple things. @AprilCakes I don’t think young is a part of this site anymore. Secondly, @HeadhunterCalias mentioned in other threads just be honest about the termination from Maggie’s. It shouldn’t  be an issue with them. But if you willing omit the information and they find out, you will be terminated. @Tony86 application and supporting documents mean, license, original social security card and green card or passport. 

6 hours ago, lornaevo said:

A couple things. @AprilCakes I don’t think young is a part of this site anymore. Secondly, @HeadhunterCalias mentioned in other threads just be honest about the termination from Maggie’s. It shouldn’t  be an issue with them. But if you willing omit the information and they find out, you will be terminated. @Tony86 application and supporting documents mean, license, original social security card and green card or passport. 

What happened to Young?

On 3/5/2022 at 9:35 AM, Kenstyles said:

Hey Tony, I noticed the same exact discrepancy! So I'm assuming that the wording on the application is outdated and the information in the email is the most up-to-date/current. 

I'm thinking they did want you to email them in the past but they found it a pain to go through 500+ emails containing application every few weeks. So they are just asking to fill out, print and bring with you so when you are they in person they can go over the application with you in front of them at their leisure. (This is just an educated guess though so take that with a grain of salt.)

Yup! I emailed and that's what they told me to do. Thanks for the response.