Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Just got a call from them today about this exam for the second time, saying they are in immediate need for drivers, anyone else get it?

I just got the call as well, but the message says to have CDL license this time. Does anyone know if things have changed? I have the permit but should I be trying to get my CDL license? 

7 minutes ago, Jebbu said:

GOOD EVENING

A QUICK QSTN. CAN WE SELECT ROUTE ALSO?? OR JUST COUNTY

THANKS

Where you are able to work out of depends on your list number amongst your classmates. (Which is your seniority)

You will then pick in seniority order the depot you want to go to, if it’s even available. Zerega can force you or your class to work in Staten Island or Queens if y’all are that lucky. (With the option to return to Brooklyn when it’s your turn to come back) If you do want to go to Staten Island or Queens, fill out the transfer request on the first day. 

Now with all of that being said, here are the depots you can work out of:

- All the depots in Brooklyn and Manhattan (excluding Spring Creek)

- West Farms, Kingsbridge and Gun Hill in The Bronx

Every year, you can move around the aforementioned depots.

======

- Casey Stengel, Jamaica and Queens Village (You have to transfer in and whichever depot you voluntarily pick into is your depot for good.)

- Staten Island (Transfer in but you can move between SI depots only every year)

===

Picking your route goes by seniority too. If a run (work assignment) matches what you’re looking for and it’s available when it’s your time to pick, you can pick it. 

23 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Where you are able to work out of depends on your list number amongst your classmates. (Which is your seniority)

You will then pick in seniority order the depot you want to go to, if it’s even available. Zerega can force you or your class to work in Staten Island or Queens if y’all are that lucky. (With the option to return to Brooklyn when it’s your turn to come back) If you do want to go to Staten Island or Queens, fill out the transfer request on the first day. 

Now with all of that being said, here are the depots you can work out of:

- All the depots in Brooklyn and Manhattan (excluding Spring Creek)

- West Farms, Kingsbridge and Gun Hill in The Bronx

Every year, you can move around the aforementioned depots.

======

- Casey Stengel, Jamaica and Queens Village (You have to transfer in and whichever depot you voluntarily pick into is your depot for good.)

Hey @SevenEleven How about the MTA Bus depots? 

43 minutes ago, The Saniter said:

Hey @SevenEleven How about the MTA Bus depots? 

Only MTA Bus operators can work at MTA Bus Depots. If you get hired as a full time operator:

You can work at all MTA Bus depots except for Spring Creek, Far Rockaway and JFK Depots. 

If you get hired as a part time operator, you are locked to Spring Creek depot, until you are given a full time slot. After making FT, will you be allowed to work at Far Rockaway or JFK. You can also stay at Spring Creek. 

I’m not sure if you can be hired as a FT op and then put in a transfer to Spring Creek right away. 

13 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Only MTA Bus operators can work at MTA Bus Depots. If you get hired as a full time operator:

You can work at all MTA Bus depots except for Spring Creek, Far Rockaway and JFK Depots. 

If you get hired as a part time operator, you are locked to Spring Creek depot, until you are given a full time slot. After making FT, will you be allowed to work at Far Rockaway or JFK. You can also stay at Spring Creek. 

I’m not sure if you can be hired as a FT op and then put in a transfer to Spring Creek right away. 

I got you. Thanks for the info. So just to make sure I understand, when you get into a SI/Queens depot, you're locked into those depots but you can move around between the SI depots?

3 hours ago, The Saniter said:

I got you. Thanks for the info. So just to make sure I understand, when you get into a SI/Queens depot, you're locked into those depots but you can move around between the SI depots?

Correct. Queens doesn’t do system picks but SI (and the rest of the system) does. 

On 1/13/2022 at 3:21 PM, SevenEleven said:

@SevenEleven question 🤔.... How does it work when you have to push your list number back when you're called? I heard you can push it back 3 times.... it's been 3 years since i took 9618 exam and I'm sure NYC Transit knows that life continues on, I'm currently in California and won't probably be back in NYC until the summer time. But i think i'm gonna get called March/April. When i turn it down, when will i get called the 2nd time? Or do i just "reach out to them" once I'm finally back in NYC? How does that work? Thank You buddy!

You won’t be contacted until you call DCAS and the Exams Unit notifying them on your intent to restore your name to the list. You can restore your name up to 3 times as you said, or until the list expires. Whichever one comes first. 

Once you're reinstated on the list, you will be one of the first people to be called to start the hiring process for the next class. 

On 1/6/2022 at 8:17 PM, HeadhunterCali said:

I'm 3xx so i wonder if I'll be closer to April then February 🤔 it said check emails end of February thru April.

@HeadhunterCaliNo, you would be a part of the February call backs, if not early March. You mentioned your list number is 3xx that’s relatively good for a test that only approximately 2,871 people took. (Keep that in mind)