Bus Operator (TA) Exam #9618

+Young+
Message added by +Young+

40px_exams_nyct.png.71b36a2103f0305bdbdc1fc057f33cd1.png

Bus Operator, Exam No. 9618

List Status:  This list has been established as of September 8, 2021, with an expiration date, as of now, of September 8th, 2025.

Pay: Starts at $26.19 and increases to $37.42 in the sixth year of service.

List Number Called: For initial Pre-Employment: () - For Medical: ()

Next Training Class: To Be Determined in 2023 (Last one was September 25th, 2022)

Resources: To find out your list number, click here and type either your last name or "9618" into the search box on the top right hand side of the screen.

If you need help getting your Class B Commercial Learner's Permit (CLP), I would encourage you to check out cristcdl.com Remember, the multiple-choice exams that you need to take and pass, at minimum, are General Knowledge, Air Brakes and Passenger Endorsement.

For those of you who wish to restore your name to the list, you must do so by sending an e-mail to certificationunit@dcas.nyc.gov. In your e-mail, state your full name, exam number, list number, the last four of your social security number, and a brief reason why you're restoring your name to the list. You don't have to go into full detail in the e-mail.

Good luck!!

(Updated November 5th, 2022)

3 hours ago, yungfeenxm23 said:

@HeadhunterCaliNo, you would be a part of the February call backs, if not early March. You mentioned your list number is 3xx that’s relatively good for a test that only approximately 2,871 people took. (Keep that in mind) 

Thank you buddy and YIKES! I hope not... if it's true that they crank out 85-100 a class and every class is a 4-6 weeks in-between, i don't think my 1st call will be till till lateMarch/April. Even with a 3xx list number.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 1/17/2022 at 10:30 AM, HeadhunterCali said:

Thank you buddy and YIKES! I hope not... if it's true that they crank out 85-100 a class and every class is a 4-6 weeks in-between, i don't think my 1st call will be till till lateMarch/April. Even with a 3xx list number.

@HeadhunterCali That’s with the assumption that when they begin reaching out to eligible candidates for Exam 9618 Bus Operator everyone from 1-399 responds. Chances are….. that may not happen because people take other jobs while waiting for the call back from HR.(Bills don’t stop coming in) Don’t be surprise if your in the 2nd hiring class for that exam. Keep your ears📞open and eyes📧 peeled for the hiring/canvassing request. Good Luck 👍🏾 

(Speaking based off personal experience) 

Edited by yungfeenxm23

8 hours ago, SevenEleven said:

Zerega is having on average 100 operators starting every two weeks. (Mixed TA/OA and MTA Bus) I’ve been at the training center for two new classes (1/2 and 1/16) and two graduations this month. 

HI

STILL 9604 LIST GOING ON?? 

THANKS

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/22/2022 at 3:47 PM, gracejones43 said:

hello i just need an update on exam #9618 . I have received  a letter stating i am on the list for the end of February just want to have an idea on when i should expect to be called 

What is your list number? They said they are going to START calling from this list at the end of February...But they also said the same thing in November.

21 minutes ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Hey guys I just received a car to go to Livingston on March 11, super excited, been three years waiting for this moment, does anyone know what to expect so I could do my best to get it right the first time?!

HI

YES SAME DAY SAME TIME I GOT..

BUT I GOT 2ND CALL SAYS SORRY APPLICATION ERROR.. SO WAITING FOR EMAIL

1 minute ago, Guccislav93 said:

Yes i got the second call saying were sorry applications error has occurred and my list number is 5xx. I feel like its too soon for me to get the call

38 minutes ago, Jaybk11101 said:

Same, I was so confused, damn, let’s see🤞

Nope, just got an email, everything is good to go for Livingston,  strange series of events though lol