New Bus Schedules 4/6/19 Thread

mfs NJT459

Bus No. 1 – Weekday, Saturday and Sunday: Trip times have been adjusted throughout the day.

Bus Nos. 66, 76, 115 – Weekdays: Trip times have been shifted throughout the day to better reflect operating conditions. 

Bus Nos. 66 and 71 – Holidays: New holiday schedule is available for timetables. 

Bus No. 67 – Weekdays: The PM No. 67B trip will now originate in Newark at 5 p.m. to improve on-time performance. Customers who previously boarded this trip at Journal Square, should now board the No. 319, which leaves Journal Square at 4:15 p.m. and arrives in Newark Penn Station at 4:52 p.m. to connect with the No. 67B.

Bus No. 79 – Sundays: Evening Service to Newark has been adjusted to better meet UPS shift times.

Bus Nos. 107, 113N, 114 Local and 126 – Weekdays: Additional AM peak service to New York will be provided and some additional trips have been shifted. 

Bus No. 136 – Weekdays: Two PM trips from the Port Authority Bus Terminal will operate as I-195 express trips in order to improve commuter options. Trips will depart from Gate 321 at 5:10 p.m. and 5:55 p.m. Please note existing No. 136 trips may have time adjustments.

Bus No. 139 – Weekdays: The 6:30 a.m. trip currently departing from Route 9 at the Union Hill Road ramp bus stop will now originate from Gordon’s Corner at 6:25 a.m. to enhance commuter options and better utilize seating options. I-195 express trips in the AM will now be renumbered as No. 136. Trip times will remain the same.

Bus No. 160 – Saturdays & Sundays: Service has been extended from Garfield to Elmwood Park.  See new schedule.

Bus No. 165 – Weekdays: Minor AM schedule changes made to the inbound “P” trip times and outbound local trip times. 

Bus No. 166 – Weekdays: One AM “T” trip added to New York and other minor trip time adjustments made.

Bus No. 190 – Weekdays: Minor trip time adjustments made on AM “X” trips to New York and schedule changes made after 7 PM to/from New York.

Bus No. 190 – Saturdays & Sundays: Trip times have been adjusted to improve on time performance.

Bus No. 308: Service will start for the season operating on Saturdays and Sundays.  Please check njtransit.com for specific times and additional dates.  

Bus No. 319: The 4:18 pm trip from Jersey City will be adjusted to depart at 4:15 pm to improve on-time performance.

Bus No. 320 – Weekdays: One trip added to New York between 11 a.m. to noon; a 3:45 p.m. and 4:15 p.m. from New York as well as increased service from New York between 9 p.m. to 11 p.m. added.

Bus No. 320 – Sundays: Minor trip time adjustments to New York made. 

Bus No. 400:  Selected trips will be adjusted to operate via Bellmawr Industrial Park to meet overnight shifts within the park. Late night trips will be adjusted to provide more frequent service.

Bus Nos. 405, 407, 554, 601, 603/613, 606, 608, 609 and 619: Weekday, Saturday and Sunday schedules will be adjusted to improve on-time performance.

Bus No. 406: All trips via Marlton will be adjusted to operate via Main Street in Marlton. Service via Route 73 between Brick Road and Route 70 in Marlton will be discontinued due to low ridership. On weekdays, selected trips will be adjusted to provide more service between Lincoln Drive and Berlin.

Bus No. 407: Service via Midlantic Drive in Moorestown will be expanded to operate throughout the day and on Saturdays and Sundays.  This will provide daily access throughout the day to Centerton Square and Midlantic Drive.

Bus No. 410: The 4:09 pm trip from Philadelphia will be changed to a Brooklawn Express trip.

Bus No. 459: Service via Gibbsboro will be eliminated due to low ridership.  The bus stop at the Winslow Plaza Shopping Center will be relocated to Berlin-Cross Keys Road at the entrance to Winslow Plaza. This change is due to safety concerns with the routing through the shopping center. Customers traveling toward Avandale or Voorhees Town Center will be able to board the bus at this location.

Bus Nos. 601, 606, 608 and 609/619: Service will be restored on May 1 via the regular East and West bus stops with the end of the South Clinton Avenue detour. From April 6 through April 30, service will continue to operate via the current detour route.  (The 600 line will continue to operate via the North bus stop at the Trenton Transit Center.)

Bus No. 611: Midday service operating from the Trenton Transit Center will be added.

Bus No. 624: Selected midday trips will be adjusted to skip the Justice Complex.

https://www.njtransit.com/sa/sa_servlet.srv?hdnPageAction=ServiceAdjustmentTo&AdjustmentId=19414

Bus No. 136 – Weekdays: Two PM trips from the Port Authority Bus Terminal will operate as I-195 express trips in order to improve commuter options. Trips will depart from Gate 321 at 5:10 p.m. and 5:55 p.m. Please note existing No. 136 trips may have time adjustments.

Wait a second..... I-195 express ???

So these two PM NJT #136 trips are going to be Howell - Lakewood expresses instead?

5 minutes ago, B35 via Church said:

Wait a second..... I-195 express ???

The #136 is a bus that runs from Lakewood to Freehold Mall, then straight to PABT.....

195 in NJ spans b/w the GSP & (basically) Trenton..... Even if buses (these #136's) from PABT stayed on 95 all the way to 195, en route to rt. 9, you'd end up in Howell, not Freehold - and even if, I cannot fathom that saving any time at all....

This doesn't sound right to me....

The new schedule shows the I-195 trips branching off the main line at US-9 and Aldrich Rd. My best guess is that these are Lakewood-only buses that take 195 to the GSP and then get on I95 in Woodbridge, since Google Maps tries to route you that way if you drive from US-9/Aldrich to PABT and buses are legally allowed on the Parkway.

37 minutes ago, engineerboy6561 said:

The new schedule shows the I-195 trips branching off the main line at US-9 and Aldrich Rd. My best guess is that these are Lakewood-only buses that take 195 to the GSP and then get on I95 in Woodbridge, since Google Maps tries to route you that way if you drive from US-9/Aldrich to PABT and buses are legally allowed on the Parkway.

Yeah, when I originally replied, that Jackson Twp. trip on the #139 (that does that GSP to I-195 bit) didn't hit me....

The #139 does too many things & has too many variants (even if they do have separate route numbers).... The combined (#139) timetable on top of it, is a headache to try to decipher....

7 hours ago, BM5 via Woodhaven said:

Good to see expansion of 160 weekend service into Fair Lawn and Elmwood Park. However, I just wish they'll eventually also extend the midday trips on weekdays there. 

I was hoping for more trips added to meet up with demand for the FanDuel sports book at the Meadowlands Racetrack despite buses not being able to enter the lot on game days/concerts at the stadium... hopefully a new agreement would be in place by football season

NJTransit should take over route 705 so it can operate Sundays. I can't understand why Passaic residents along with Clifton don't have bus service that operates Willowbrook Mall on Sundays? Just because CUSA doesn't operate Sundays. There's a couple of routes that CUSA-Community that are contracted to operate should have service 7 days a week. 

·The 709 bus should operate Sundays between Bloomfield and Garfield's Wal-Mart 

·705 Sunday service to and from Willowbrook Mall

·748 Sunday service servicing the Madison Ave side of Paterson to Willowbrook Mall.

·744 Sunday service between Wayne Preakness and Paterson-City Hall or the entire route to Passaic

These routes are good to operate Sundays because they don't have to deal with Bergen County's "Blue Law".

Route 712 should've have a variant a long long time ago in creating the 713 Union Ave in Paterson. After many years of waiting for bus service to serve that community of Union Ave. between W. Broadway and Wayne. The dollar bus, "Express" are now servicing that area.

On 4/2/2019 at 6:57 PM, mfs NJT459 said:

I was hoping for more trips added to meet up with demand for the FanDuel sports book at the Meadowlands Racetrack despite buses not being able to enter the lot on game days/concerts at the stadium... hopefully a new agreement would be in place by football season

I'm pretty sure they're not doing that because they're expecting Coach USA to take care of that with their 351/353 buses. I don't think that's a bad idea, but that's they way I think they see it (only focusing on those coming from NY and by rail from Secaucus).

On 4/3/2019 at 10:31 PM, Ron2themax said:

NJTransit should take over route 705 so it can operate Sundays. I can't understand why Passaic residents along with Clifton don't have bus service that operates Willowbrook Mall on Sundays? Just because CUSA doesn't operate Sundays. There's a couple of routes that CUSA-Community that are contracted to operate should have service 7 days a week. 

·The 709 bus should operate Sundays between Bloomfield and Garfield's Wal-Mart 

·705 Sunday service to and from Willowbrook Mall

·748 Sunday service servicing the Madison Ave side of Paterson to Willowbrook Mall.

·744 Sunday service between Wayne Preakness and Paterson-City Hall or the entire route to Passaic

These routes are good to operate Sundays because they don't have to deal with Bergen County's "Blue Law".

Route 712 should've have a variant a long long time ago in creating the 713 Union Ave in Paterson. After many years of waiting for bus service to serve that community of Union Ave. between W. Broadway and Wayne. The dollar bus, "Express" are now servicing that area.

Then you should write a letter to NJT officials and tell them about this.

It appears Academy is operating all the 136 I-195 trips.... the GTFS data shows that in the block_id column and they're signed as 136X, which is why you may not see them on mybusnow unless they're using the old 8500 series MCIs

Archived