2014-15 XD40 Review !

King Transit

Now this is my remake of my 7000s XD40 review from August 2018. This is a review of my favorite XD40s since 2018. They seem to be very appreciative than the 2011 XD40s I looked up to more since 2013. My experiences with them out of ENY, Fresh Pond, Flatbush, and Ulmer Park Depot are the most satisfying rides I have encountered. Correlating with speed, quietness, and the advanced features plus with the cleanliness.....

Hold on....what do you mean by that they lack of....amusement?? You are kinda out of touch with that statement......

Some employees hate them for the footwork they gotta do with the brake release to get them going, along with the stifled transmission setup that makes them take off slower than the rest of the XD40 fleet.

Most transitfans hate them because they replaced their older favorites.....which in itself is a dumb point, but I, and a majority of fans who look past that dumb reason don't like these mostly because they ride like hot garbage with all of the rocking and swaying, and the HVAC isn't as good. Also not a fan of it's transmission setup that makes them take off slower than the rest of the fleet. The 2011s, and the 2017-2019s are much, much, much better than the 7090-7483 batch by far.

The only buses I like out of the 7090-7483 batch are the MTA Bus units at LaGuardia, they take off much better, have better seats and AC units. The 7090-7483 batch(except for the MTA Bus batch) is by far some of the worst spec'd Xcelsiors we got.

Edited by Cait Sith

7 hours ago, Cait Sith said:

Hold on....what do you mean by that they lack of....amusement?? You are kinda out of touch with that statement......

Some employees hate them for the footwork they gotta do with the brake release to get them going, along with the stifled transmission setup that makes them take off slower than the rest of the XD40 fleet.

Most transitfans hate them because they replaced their older favorites.....which in itself is a dumb point, but I, and a majority of fans who look past that dumb reason don't like these mostly because they ride like hot garbage with all of the rocking and swaying, and the HVAC isn't as good. Also not a fan of it's transmission setup that makes them take off slower than the rest of the fleet. The 2011s, and the 2017-2019s are much, much, much better than the 7090-7483 batch by far.

The only buses I like out of the 7090-7483 batch are the MTA Bus units at LaGuardia, they take off much better, have better seats and AC units. The 7090-7483 batch(except for the MTA Bus batch) is by far some of the worst spec'd Xcelsiors we got.

The "lack of amusement" I mean't was that they observe theses buses to be boring and quiet. I don't mind the take off rate. There is another youtuber for this explanation....

2 hours ago, King Transit said:

The "lack of amusement" I mean't was that they observe theses buses to be boring and quiet. I don't mind the take off rate. There is another youtuber for this explanation....

So an opinion of one essentially covers everyone?

O u t  o f  t o u c h.

This is why I personally find these "reviews" to be silly, especially when they come from people that has never driven them......

Edited by Cait Sith

2 hours ago, King Transit said:

The sole purpose of the bus is supposed to get you from point A to B. If you have an actual job and bills to pay you're more concerned whether the bus shows up and you getting fired or not. 

If they cared how a bus sounded the 2011 XD40s would've never got modified and most of the LFS would probably have the Allison transmisison. 

51 minutes ago, Jdog14 said:

The sole purpose of the bus is supposed to get you from point A to B. If you have an actual job and bills to pay you're more concerned whether the bus shows up and you getting fired or not. 

If they cared how a bus sounded the 2011 XD40s would've never got modified and most of the LFS would probably have the Allison transmisison. 

This is what I am saying, the city does not order buses for only amusements. This what I tell others in person(especially on Discord), "Either take this bus or go home, no pay".