Think $550,000 reinvested from eliminating paper schedules is going to avoid cuts think again (Potential Fall 2019 service cuts)

Mtatransit

3 hours ago, Lawrence St said:

What they should have done was let the (N) remain the Broadway Express and do short turn (R) trips between 57th St and Whitehall St.

Um no. This isn't the (A) to Lefferts Blvd and the Rockaways, or the (5) to Dyre/Nereid Avenues. The (Q) from June 2010-November 2016 should have been the full-time Broadway Local in Manhattan north of Canal Street for operational reasons instead. You gotta be simplistic. Meanwhile, the (N) should have been the Broadway Express for both weekdays and weekends. Overnight (N) 100% local service via Montague remains the same as it is now. The (Q) was already a Brighton Local from the start. Numerous times from my perspective going northbound, an (N) can pass a (Q) at DeKalb Avenue, only to meet up with the same exact (Q) again across the platform at 14th Street-Union Square due to the (N) switching from express to local after Canal Street and the (Q) vice-versa. You see how ridiculous this type of service pattern really was all along? That, combined with the fact that the (Q) ends up getting held at 34th Street-Herald Square to let that very same (N) go ahead of it. During rush hours, fewer (N) and (Q) 's could have short turned at TSQ and fewer (R)'s at 57th St-7th Ave to give some space along the 60th Street Tubes.

Remember, the (N), (Q), and (R) ran every 6 minutes (mathematically 10 trains an hour on each line) before as they currently still do now during the AM Rush. Those TSQ and 57th St-7th Ave short turns I mention could have been a train every 24 minutes (ex. 6:00, 6:24, 6:48, 7:12, 7:36 etc). Between TSQ and 57th St-7 Av on the express tracks have enough room for storage during middays anyway.

As we all know in general, the (MTA) can barely do anything right for the most part. Of course, however, under my proposal for the previous June 2010-November 2016, the (Q) would have went to/from Astoria 24/7 which would have been more costly during the overnight and weekend hours.

Edited by Jemorie

4 hours ago, Jemorie said:

Um no. This isn't the (A) to Lefferts Blvd and the Rockaways, or the (5) to Dyre/Nereid Avenues. The (Q) from June 2010-November 2016 should have been the full-time Broadway Local in Manhattan north of Canal Street for operational reasons instead. You gotta be simplistic. Meanwhile, the (N) should have been the Broadway Express for both weekdays and weekends. Overnight (N) 100% local service via Montague remains the same as it is now. The (Q) was already a Brighton Local from the start. Numerous times from my perspective going northbound, an (N) can pass a (Q) at DeKalb Avenue, only to meet up with the same exact (Q) again across the platform at 14th Street-Union Square due to the (N) switching from express to local after Canal Street and the (Q) vice-versa. You see how ridiculous this type of service pattern really was all along? That, combined with the fact that the (Q) ends up getting held at 34th Street-Herald Square to let that very same (N) go ahead of it. During rush hours, fewer (N) and (Q) 's could have short turned at TSQ and fewer (R)'s at 57th St-7th Ave to give some space along the 60th Street Tubes.

Remember, the (N), (Q), and (R) ran every 6 minutes (mathematically 10 trains an hour on each line) before as they currently still do now during the AM Rush. Those TSQ and 57th St-7th Ave short turns I mention could have been a train every 24 minutes (ex. 6:00, 6:24, 6:48, 7:12, 7:36 etc). Between TSQ and 57th St-7 Av on the express tracks have enough room for storage during middays anyway.

As we all know in general, the (MTA) can barely do anything right for the most part. Of course, however, under my proposal for the previous June 2010-November 2016, the (Q) would have went to/from Astoria 24/7 which would have been more costly during the overnight and weekend hours.

And on top of that, a couple of short turn (N) trains went out of service at 57 St-7 Av, went light to Astoria, to potential be used as a southbound train if an (N)(Q) was late arriving in Astoria.

On 8/22/2019 at 4:33 PM, LaGuardia Link N Tra said:

This right here makes me wonder what if the (MTA) deinterlined the System during this era, how different would things be?

That era would have probably been the best time to try deinterlining. In fact, I do recall a lot of discussion about deinterlining on the forums in 2015-16, just before the (W) came back. 

On 8/23/2019 at 10:39 AM, Lawrence St said:

What they should have done was let the (N) remain the Broadway Express and do short turn (R) trips between 57th St and Whitehall St.

Those short turn (R) trips would have caused delays at 57th Street by having to switch onto the local tracks to go south to Whitehall. You also would have had to cut (Q) frequency to accommodate the short turn (R)s.