Route 160 Problems

Can anyone tell me what is going on with Bus 160 (Elmwood Park  to New York City) Does not go through Garfield.  Called NJT, was told someone would call me back within a day, it's a week and no one has called.  I downloaded schedule but bus does not stop at designated stops although the signs do,  have the stops been changed? Can someone tell me where in Garfield it stops?

• Cait Sith changed the title to Route 160 Problems
  • Deucey locked and unlocked this topic

In Garfield, the route primarily runs along Midland av, with a couple of stops along Palisade av. & a couple of stops along Passaic st....

Where (in Garfield) are you trying to catch the #160 exactly?

How long has whatever problem you've been having, been going on?

I find it hard to believe that buses are bypassing the entire city.

5 hours ago, Francesca Busciglio said:

Can anyone tell me what is going on with Bus 160 (Elmwood Park  to New York City) Does not go through Garfield.  Called NJT, was told someone would call me back within a day, it's a week and no one has called.  I downloaded schedule but bus does not stop at designated stops although the signs do,  have the stops been changed? Can someone tell me where in Garfield it stops?

I know how you feel. Everytime when I go to SeaQuest protest at Woodridge Center from New Brunswick, NJT810 operated by Academy Bus never follows Metchun routing, so sometimes I get off at Metuchen Train Station if I want to go to Whole Food Market b/c taking train back to Penn.

7 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

I know how you feel. Everytime when I go to SeaQuest protest at Woodridge Center from New Brunswick, NJT810 operated by Academy Bus never follows Metchun routing, so sometimes I get off at Metuchen Train Station if I want to go to Whole Food Market b/c taking train back to Penn.

Stop it, all those #810's aren't bypassing the RR station & staying on Amboy av.....

How can the bus never follow the Metuchen routing, if you sometimes get off at the railroad station? It has to do that loop to get back to Amboy av.

8 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Stop it, all those #810's aren't bypassing the RR station & staying on Amboy av.....

How can the bus never follow the Metuchen routing, if you sometimes get off at the railroad station? It has to do that loop to get back to Amboy av.

I have taken several times. Sometimes bus doesn't go from Aboy Rd to Metuchen Station. Some bus drivers take Rt 27 to Main St from New Brunswick. Bus never goes on Center Dr.

I didn't say they were BYPASSING METUCHEN TRAIN SATION because sometimes most bus drivers bypass loop in one direction.

3 hours ago, FamousNYLover said:

I have taken several times. Sometimes bus doesn't go from Aboy Rd to Metuchen Station. Some bus drivers take Rt 27 to Main St from New Brunswick. Bus never goes on Center Dr.

I didn't say they were BYPASSING METUCHEN TRAIN SATION because sometimes most bus drivers bypass loop in one direction.

Yeah, and so have I - and I've been on buses that's stayed on the route. The b/o's that take that shortcut you're talking about, are anomalous....

Look, spare me your pictures.... You clearly said that buses never follow the Metuchen routing.... The narrative you're conveying with the #810 (to try to sympathize with the OP) here, is a flat out lie..... Period.

Edited by B35 via Church

21 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

Yeah, and so have I - and I've been on buses that's stayed on the route. The b/o's that take that shortcut you're talking about, are anomalous....

Look, spare me your pictures.... You clearly said that buses never follow the Metuchen routing.... The narrative you're conveying with the #810 (to try to sympathize with the OP) here, is a flat out lie..... Period.

It's not lie. You never checked by NJT Bus pictures before. One time on Sunday before COVID19, I was waiting for NJT 810 bus Woodrige Center bus at Rt 27, but bus came from Lee Av to Rt 27.

1 hour ago, FamousNYLover said:

It's not lie. You never checked by NJT Bus pictures before. One time on Sunday before COVID19, I was waiting for NJT 810 bus Woodrige Center bus at Rt 27, but bus came from Lee Av to Rt 27.

I don't think you even know what's being argued against right now.... What are you saying isn't a lie? :lol:

The argument isn't that there aren't #810's that pan off course.... I know they do that & yes, they shouldn't be doing that....

However, and apparently, you can't grasp the concept of putting it out there that buses never following the routing in Metuchen (yeah yeah, I know... whenever you take it <_<) sets a false ass precedent....

There are 15-20 stops in Garfield. Market street been having operator shortages, if you don’t see a bus the driver likely didn’t come in and they didn’t fill the work. 

you have to be at designated stop as their are no courtesy stops in Garfield due to the town ordnance. Njt does not control stops. 

The 810 those pictures are useless, if you have a problem contact academy. When malls was closed we bypassed them at njt. Although isolated incidents do happen of drivers cutting lines.

Edited by 553 Bridgeton