E Train Jamaica Reconstruction

checkmatechamp13

According to mta.info, the cross honor is good for all of the LIRR stations east of Jamaica in Queens. Has anybody here rode east of Jamaica taking advantage of the cross honor?

For example you can free from NYP to Queens Village or Rosedale thanks to the cross honor. Slightly off topic but Hempstead branch is running every half hour between Jamaica and Hempstead on weekends cause the main line is out, the trains that terminate at Mineola stop at QV too.

3 hours ago, B35 via Church said:

So you did it out of impulse.

What I'm ultimately getting at is, I never had (or bothered) to hold up a metrocard... I just explained the situation & the c/r moved on, just the same.

Yeah, I've only used LIRR maybe like 3-4 times since moving here so I never know the procedure (for me the LIRR isn't worth the price and isn't all that convenient because I had always lived in the Jackson Heights area until recently). I just did it to be safe because I didn't know what to expect. Are LIRR conductors normally strict about free transfers whenever there is construction or service disruption?

10 hours ago, Kharn501 said:

Yeah, I've only used LIRR maybe like 3-4 times since moving here so I never know the procedure (for me the LIRR isn't worth the price and isn't all that convenient because I had always lived in the Jackson Heights area until recently). I just did it to be safe because I didn't know what to expect. Are LIRR conductors normally strict about free transfers whenever there is construction or service disruption?

They carry around a work phone that lets them know if cross-honors are in effect and whatnot. They can usually tell if someone is lying. From what I hear, the work phone keeps pinging them every 2 hours to let them know that the (E) train reconstruction is in effect.