Whats NJ transit like ?

Moody

Hi everyone. I work at NYC mta. Bus Operator. I work roughly 50 hrs a week. Is it the same with NJ transit? I live in south jersey. Was wondering if anyone its worth it. I saw some reviews about being on the extra board( we call it extra list) and something about combos. I don't mind the work or hours unless its work under 45 hrs a week.

Otherwise ill just go to staten Island. Please advise.

8 hours ago, Moody said:

Hi everyone. I work at NYC mta. Bus Operator. I work roughly 50 hrs a week. Is it the same with NJ transit? I live in south jersey. Was wondering if anyone its worth it. I saw some reviews about being on the extra board( we call it extra list) and something about combos. I don't mind the work or hours unless its work under 45 hrs a week.

Otherwise ill just go to staten Island. Please advise.

If your run carries overtime you’ll get up to 55hrs a week. Most runs at Egg Harbor, Washington Twp, Newton Av, and Howell runs pay 50hrs.

combos are basically what you call work runs like at Jackie Gleason where that depot is basically an all swing depot. 

egg harbor is the 100k+ a year garage. Making 130k is easy there. 

newton, Washington Twp, and Howell have a lot of combos that pay good. 

extra board, extra list samething, both you have to work upon coming in, however most new guys coming In now are getting jobs. The turnover rate is high right now. So if you come in suggest you make the decision while the turnover is high. 

also keep in mind southern division garages runs are longer and runs pay more then northern division; where almost all north garages are 8-9hrs. 

any other questions just send me a private message.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

I'm still debating wether I should go to NJ transit lol. I work in Staten island. I don't know or I don't know how transit in NJ is in South NJ like in Trenton/ Lawrenceville. 

2 hours ago, Moody said:

I'm still debating wether I should go to NJ transit lol. I work in Staten island. I don't know or I don't know how transit in NJ is in South NJ like in Trenton/ Lawrenceville. 

@553 Bridgeton....He'll be able to tell u most things about njt

Edited by biGC323232

3 hours ago, Moody said:

Go for it, it’s not going to hurt. South Jersey njt is pretty simple and straight forward. A lot of big paying jobs. Same with njt mercer, straight forward work. South Jersey we don’t have to deal with tons of legs like north Jersey.