NJT Bus Op Hiring Questions

Lawrence St

Evening everyone.

So I got sick of my desk job due to the reduced hours and want to put my CDL to use. I recently applied on Friday for the Northern Division, and today on the application screen it shows "LAST MODIFIED SEP 18, 2021" but still says "NEW APPLICATION". Does this mean someone in HR has received it today and my application is going through? What's the soonest I can expect a callback? 

Second question, when I pass training the only two depots that are close to where I live are Fairview & Meadowlands. What depot has more pay or long distance routes?

TIA!

On 9/18/2021 at 10:43 PM, Lawrence St said:

Evening everyone.

So I got sick of my desk job due to the reduced hours and want to put my CDL to use. I recently applied on Friday for the Northern Division, and today on the application screen it shows "LAST MODIFIED SEP 18, 2021" but still says "NEW APPLICATION". Does this mean someone in HR has received it today and my application is going through? What's the soonest I can expect a callback? 

Second question, when I pass training the only two depots that are close to where I live are Fairview & Meadowlands. What depot has more pay or long distance routes?

TIA!

Well between the two garages, as far as long distances, Meadowlands garage does the 319 to Atlantic City (in conjunction with Egg Harbor garage IINM), but (seems to me) that’s a high seniority job. 

I applied in 2019 and probably would’ve been called a lot sooner than May 2020 if it wasn’t for COVID.  Even more weird, interesting, whatever you want to call it, I had to have my interview via iPhone (like a zoom conference).  They’ll send you information and instructions via email. 

You’ll be trained exclusively on equipment assigned to your garage (in other words, with the two garages that you’re interested in, everything).  So be patient, I’m hearing things like retirement  or otherwise that can open the way for opportunity.  Stay close to your iphone (or droid). 

6 hours ago, 46Dover said:

Well between the two garages, as far as long distances, Meadowlands garage does the 319 to Atlantic City (in conjunction with Egg Harbor garage IINM), but (seems to me) that’s a high seniority job. 

I applied in 2019 and probably would’ve been called a lot sooner than May 2020 if it wasn’t for COVID.  Even more weird, interesting, whatever you want to call it, I had to have my interview via iPhone (like a zoom conference).  They’ll send you information and instructions via email. 

You’ll be trained exclusively on equipment assigned to your garage (in other words, with the two garages that you’re interested in, everything).  So be patient, I’m hearing things like retirement  or otherwise that can open the way for opportunity.  Stay close to your iphone (or droid). 

Understood. I went with NICE in the meantime until NJT calls me to get some experience under my belt.

14 hours ago, 46Dover said:

Actually I checked back in the portal and it says LAST MODIFIED 9/24". I haven't modified anything, does that mean someone in HR is looking into it?