amtrak to long island and staten island

Real Greenpickles987

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

Exactly LIRR will never give up their trackage to anyone. Unless it has something to do with MTA then they'll accept it.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

That would screw over capacity on the trains that Ronkonkoma Express & Montauk Trains run per hour by adding 4-5 Amtrak trains. What you should be "worried about" is how many people are going to ride Amtrak in Long Island. It's probably less than 10,000 people while everyone else in Nassau & Suffolk Counties use the LIRR.

you don't seem to get the idea that THE LIRR HAS NO CHOICE IN THE MATTER.

If MTA HQ signs off on it, they MUST accept it. and given what the MTA is asking of Amtrak for Penn Access, a little quid pro quo might just be in the cards.

And it's four or five trains PER DAY. Actually, correction, three round trips per day. So six trains total.  So maybe that means one every three to four hours at max. they have enough room for that. and, again, the LIRR uses AMTRAK's rails every day, but they "refuse to work with Amtrak"? That doesn't make sense. also, you haven't given an ounce of evidence to you claim. 

the idea is the people who ride this will stay on the train to travel further. This is not a Ronkonkoma to Penn service, this would be a Ronkonkoma to WASHINGTON service. Or Roanoke, or Norfolk or wherever.  This isn't them trying to get into the commuter rail business to compete with the MTA, this is them trying to open up the island to direct intercity travel for the first time since WWII

Also you have yet to admit that you don't know who owns Metro-North's rails, and somehow have the authority to tell me, someone who works for the MTA, what's what...?

1 minute ago, Kamen Rider said:

If MTA HQ signs off on it, they MUST accept it. and given what the MTA is asking of Amtrak for Penn Access, a little quid pro quo might just be in the cards.

And it's four or five trains PER DAY. Actually, correction, three round trips per day. So six trains total.  So maybe that means one every three to four hours at max. they have enough room for that. and, again, the LIRR uses AMTRAK's rails every day, but they "refuse to work with Amtrak"? That doesn't make sense. also, you haven't given an ounce of evidence to you claim. 

the idea is the people who ride this will stay on the train to travel further. This is not a Ronkonkoma to Penn service, this would be a Ronkonkoma to WASHINGTON service. Or Roanoke, or Norfolk or wherever.  This isn't them trying to get into the commuter rail business to compete with the MTA, this is them trying to open up the island to direct intercity travel for the first time since WWII

Also you have yet to admit that you don't know who owns Metro-North's rails, and somehow have the authority to tell me, someone who works for the MTA, what's what...?

Now you're just making up bullshit. This is getting even more funny because you work for the MTA and you don't know wtf you are talking about. Long Island isn't going to accept Amtrak's deal because they don't want anything to do with Amtrak to begin with. I don't know where you got this "Everyone from LI rides Amtrak" from but you know it's bullshit

8 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Now you're just making up bullshit. This is getting even more funny because you work for the MTA and you don't know wtf you are talking about. Long Island isn't going to accept Amtrak's deal because they don't want anything to do with Amtrak to begin with. I don't know where you got this "Everyone from LI rides Amtrak" from but you know it's bullshit

Wow you are thick headed…

you were the one insisting before that Amtrak and CSX own the Hudson line and rent it to Metro-North and you have the nerve to tell ME I don’t know what I’m talking about? 

the MTA has final say. Not LIRR. If the MTA works out a deal with Amtrak, then that’s what happens. The LIRR must accept it because the MTA owns the LIRR.

10 hours ago, Nitro said:

Did you forget about the Empire Corridor a corridor that Amtrak owns from New York City to Niagara Falls. The Metro North Railroad doesn't even own most of the Hudson Line. Amtrak & CSX do and lease it to Metro North for repairs and maintenance.

See… this here, this is why I do not trust a word of what you’re saying. The only section Amtrak actually owns is the Empire CONNECTOR from Spuyten Duyvil creek down to Penn.

the rest is owned by the MTA (Spuyten Duyvil to Poughkeepsie) and CSX (the rest)

Amtrak leases, operates and maintains the line from Poughkeepsie to Schenectady, but doesn’t own it.

are you going to call that BS as well…?

1 minute ago, Kamen Rider said:

Wow you are thick headed…

you were the one insisting before that Amtrak and CSX own the Hudson line and rent it to Metro-North and you have the nerve to tell ME I don’t know what I’m talking about? 

the MTA has final say. Not LIRR. If the MTA works out a deal with Amtrak, then that’s what happens. The LIRR must accept it because the MTA owns the LIRR.

The LIRR is unwilling and is part of the MTA if you didn't understand that clearly. The LIRR even under the MTA would ban Amtrak from allowing to use their trackage if they approved of it. Amtrak does own the Empire Corridor from NYC to Albany and operates under contract to the NYSDOT. CSX only owns a small portion of the trackage which they use for industrial purposes

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

See… this here, this is why I do not trust a word of what you’re saying. The only section Amtrak actually owns is the Empire CONNECTOR from Spuyten Duyvil creek down to Penn.

the rest is owned by the MTA (Spuyten Duyvil to Poughkeepsie) and CSX (the rest)

Amtrak leases, operates and maintains the line from Poughkeepsie to Schenectady, but doesn’t own it.

are you going to call that BS as well…?

I like how you get triggered very easily. You know your claims have been disproven more than once and you’re still upset over it.

16 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

LIRR is the one making the decision not the MTA. LIRR has full control of their trackage as they are still LI-owned. LIRR has continuously expressed disinterest in Amtrak operating in Long Island as proven in Amtrak's connect map where they removed LI service due to the disinterest. 

The MTA doesn't own anything. Metro North's trackage is owned by Metro North. MNRR and LIRR are 2 separate entities. The MTA is just the parent organization. The MTA does not make decisions for the railroads. The railroads make their own decision such as equipment procurement, maintenance projects, etc.

The MTA owns Metro-North and LIRR and have final say on everything ether of them do.

Why do you two hang on to this insane nonsense? Nothing ether of of you have said is true and you’re sitting there having these crying fits when I call out your misinformation.

fact: the MTA owns both railroad companies outright and by extension all thier properties. This is like arguing that the person who runs Disneyland doesn’t have to listen to Disney Corporate.

fact: the MTA has final say on all decisions affecting these companies. If the MTA is okay with Amtrak running to Ronkonkoma, the LIRR must abide by that decision. Also the Ronkonkoma extension is still on their maps and website.

fact: the only Amtrak owned and operated trackage the MTA currently uses is the east river tunnels and Penn station.

Fact:The only east of Hudson trackage Metro-North uses but does not own is the trackage owned by CDOT.

all of this is readily available, public information.

you want to live in a fantasy world, that’s on you two. You’re not dragging the rest of us along for the ride. It’s misinformation like what you’re spouting here is how dangerous rumors start.

The MTA owns Metro-North and LIRR and have final say on everything ether of them do.

Why do you two hang on to this insane nonsense? Nothing ether of of you have said is true and you’re sitting there having these crying fits when I call out your misinformation.

fact: the MTA owns both railroad companies outright and by extension all thier properties. This is like arguing that the person who runs Disneyland doesn’t have to listen to Disney Corporate.

fact: the MTA has final say on all decisions affecting these companies. If the MTA is okay with Amtrak running to Ronkonkoma, the LIRR must abide by that decision. Also the Ronkonkoma extension is still on their maps and website.

fact: the only Amtrak owned and operated trackage the MTA currently uses is the east river tunnels and Penn station.

Fact:The only east of Hudson trackage Metro-North uses but does not own is the trackage owned by CDOT.

you want to live in a fantasy world, that’s on you two. You’re not dragging the rest of us along for the ride. It’s misinformation like what you’re spouting here is how dangerous rumors start.

Where is the public information at lmfao.

The LIRR has the final say, the MTA has to negotiate with Long Island and its representatives if they demand Amtrak service in Long Island. Do you not see the political barriers at all?

36 minutes ago, Nitro said:

The LIRR has the final say, the MTA has to negotiate with Long Island and its representatives if they demand Amtrak service in Long Island. Do you not see the political barriers at all?

I guess your name is Asinus.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is the parent organization of several entities, which includes the Long Island Rail Road Company. The sheer audacity of claiming that a parent organization needs a child entity's permission to allow a third party any degree of access -- especially when considering an effectively reversed agreement that is still active to this day -- is so far beyond stupid that it's virtually impossible to consider the person making it highly misinformed, particularly around these parts.

If you're looking for a toilet, look elsewhere.

Lmao when is the last time you've read a proper railroad map? Assets all fall under the ownership of each entity being (LIRR and MNRR). Each railroad handles its own operations and decisions. It is really funny how you keep claiming "misinformation" but have no idea how the railroads work. I highly suggest you talk to some railroad employees. The MTA does not handle the decision that allows Amtrak to run on the ML. LIRR handles that decision. Once again talk to RAILROAD EMPLOYEES.

19 hours ago, Lex said:

I guess your name is Asinus.

The Metropolitan Transportation Authority is the parent organization of several entities, which includes the Long Island Rail Road Company. The sheer audacity of claiming that a parent organization needs a child entity's permission to allow a third party any degree of access -- especially when considering an effectively reversed agreement that is still active to this day -- is so far beyond stupid that it's virtually impossible to consider the person making it highly misinformed, particularly around these parts.

If you're looking for a toilet, look elsewhere.

Just because the MTA is the parent organization doesn't MEAN they have the final say. The LIRR & the Metro North Railroad are two SEPARATE railroad companies. For Amtrak to run service into Long Island all parties have to consent to this including Nassau & Suffolk county's representatives. The Long Island Rail Road are sure as hell not willing to give up their tracks in Penn Station on behalf of the Metro North Railroad & are sure as hell not willing to share their ROW with AMTRAK. Move on.

11 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Just because the MTA is the parent organization doesn't MEAN they have the final say. The LIRR & the Metro North Railroad are two SEPARATE railroad companies. For Amtrak to run service into Long Island all parties have to consent to this including Nassau & Suffolk county's representatives. The Long Island Rail Road are sure as hell not willing to give up their tracks in Penn Station on behalf of the Metro North Railroad & are sure as hell not willing to share their ROW with AMTRAK. Move on.

The state has the final say. MTA is controlled by the state, Amtrak is subsidized by the state for some of its route. 

LIRR is a subsidiary of the MTA. I never had one company where the subsidiary flat out refused the orders from the parent company…

1 minute ago, Mtatransit said:

The state has the final say. MTA is controlled by the state, Amtrak is subsidized by the state for some of its route. 

LIRR is a subsidiary of the MTA. I never had one company where the subsidiary flat out refused the orders from the parent company…

The LIRR can do that by going on a strike until they get what they want. Plus the MTA knows of these loopholes that Nassau & Suffolk counties will do to prevent tourists from coming to Long Island.

36 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Thanks for proving my point.

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

The LIRR can do that by going on a strike until they get what they want. Plus the MTA knows of these loopholes that Nassau & Suffolk counties will do to prevent tourists from coming to Long Island.

What?

Ultimately it all come down to politics. 

3 hours ago, Mtatransit said:

What?

Ultimately it all come down to politics. 

The decision ultimately comes down to LI. It's their trackage it's their decision. Did the MTA force LIRR to lease their freight operations to Anacostia Rail Holdings? No. Did the MTA force the retirement of some M3s? No. Is the MTA going to force LI to pick up Siemens Chargers? No. Everything is up to LI.