3-4 R-160 Car Sets spotted in Jamaica Yard...

KeystoneRegional

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station all service Eastbound was cancelled to Jamaica on the E and F.

We know there are R160's and we know there was a mechanical failure of a train set at 71st and Continental.

Wouldn't it make sense to junk the mechanical failed car and run it to the graveyard or whereever and pop in a brand new R160 for service since crews have been trained and R160s are arriving as we speak. Im sure a delivery of another R160 to Jamaica is going to occur very soon if it hasn't already.

Hopefully we see Brand new R160s on the line for December.

Due to a train with mechanical problems at the Forest Hills-71st Avenue Station all service Eastbound was cancelled to Jamaica on the E and F.

We know there are R160's and we know there was a mechanical failure of a train set at 71st and Continental.

Wouldn't it make sense to junk the mechanical failed car and run it to the graveyard or whereever and pop in a brand new R160 for service since crews have been trained and R160s are arriving as we speak. Im sure a delivery of another R160 to Jamaica is going to occur very soon if it hasn't already.

Hopefully we see Brand new R160s on the line for December.

R160s will probably appear on the (F) beginning January 2009, as what I heard from, from the T/O when I was at Coney Island. However, this can change because they are considering to put the R160s on the (E) first instead. And about the date, that is just an estimation. It can appear before or after January 2009.

R160s will probably appear on the (F) beginning January 2009, as what I heard from, from the T/O when I was at Coney Island. However, this can change because they are considering to put the R160s on the (E) first instead. And about the date, that is just an estimation. It can appear before or after January 2009.

Well the deliveries to Jamaica look encouraging so far and people report more and more R160's arriving at Jamaica Yard.

I wonder what the latest set to arrive at Jamaica Yard is. I bet deliveries will be constant throughout 2009.

R160 should appear on the (E) and (F) rather than allocating them to just one line first so they can replace the R32's on both lines.

Lets say soon there is 10 Sets of R160 in Jamaica Yard if there isn't already. 8 cars should go to the (E) and 2 to the (F). Makes sense to me. I would make the ratio of cars used for the R160 focused on the (E) but put em on the (F) as well. (E) has really old cars and needs the R160's more than the (F). Every so often I get an R32 on the (F) but the majority of times I get the R46.

So with the new R160 deliveries, I would get the R46 or very infrequently R160 on the (F) and less and less R32's on the (E).

I agree, they should appear around the same time. However, the reason why they are on the (F) is to replace the Phase-1s and displace the R42s (if any) on the line, not necessarily become the majority of the line. The R46 will still become the bulk of the (F) fleet. It is still holding up well and there aren't any problems with it.

I agree, they should appear around the same time. However, the reason why they are on the (F) is to replace the Phase-1s and displace the R42s (if any) on the line, not necessarily become the majority of the line. The R46 will still become the bulk of the (F) fleet. It is still holding up well and there aren't any problems with it.

As we head to 2009, those R160s will be coming into the line really fast. We shall see how fast those R160s get delivered.

True true.

Was it really a R32 that broke down?

No clue. I assume it was but I have no way of knowing. I saw all the new car assignments and the like and it seems like Phase 2 was all gone from service.

Could have been anything from a failed slant garbage truck to R32 Phase I, R42 or R46 for all I know with the odds of it being a R32 Phase I, or possibly an R42. Can't say what it was.

In the next coming months I bet we will see improvements in mass transit.

No clue. I assume it was but I have no way of knowing. I saw all the new car assignments and the like and it seems like Phase 2 was all gone from service.

Could have been anything from a failed slant garbage truck to R32 Phase I, R42 or R46 for all I know with the odds of it being a R32 Phase I, or possibly an R42. Can't say what it was.

Yeah, all Phase 2s are either revenue inactive or retired.

IDK what happened but it just say Mechanical Problem... All trains are suspended from Continental Ave to Jamaica (179 St (F) and Parsons-Archer (E)).

Oh that mess what happen was a Manhattan Bound (E) had Brakes In Emergency leaving 75 Ave over the switch and a Jamaica Bound (F) Brakes In Emergency at Parsons Hillside. Selected (E)(F) trains where turned back at Continental to provide service to Manhattan.

Oh that mess what happen was a Manhattan Bound (E) had Brakes In Emergency leaving 75 Ave over the switch and a Jamaica Bound (F) Brakes In Emergency at Parsons Hillside. Selected (E)(F) trains where turned back at Continental to provide service to Manhattan.

Two trains BIE on both sides of the corridor?

Archived