3-4 R-160 Car Sets spotted in Jamaica Yard...

KeystoneRegional

Makes sense.

However, stop short:

You must have ENOUGH R160 to displace the R46s... if you do not have enough, how would you send all of them to Pitkin? What they would do is get rid of the Phase 1s and displace the R42s on the E to Pitkin. If there is a surplus of R160s, then they MIGHT send the R46s to displace the R38s and Slants at Pitkin.

The R160 would replace The R42's as of now, The R32's is not going anywhere until spring of 2009, The R32's might go back to pitkin along with the A-A sets of R46's. The R44's are having major problems now and they are far wrose than The R32's now, and the R42's are rusting wrose than the R40 slants. The R38's are going now set by set and If you spot an R38 (A) train that means that set is going to 207th for reefing, The R32 Phase II striping has been pushed back.

I gather Jamaica Yard is going to fill up with more cars and so they should start to see revenue service shortly.

Makes no sense to have 3 sets of R160 at the Yard just sitting there when crews are qualified to run them. If they have 3 sets at the Yard and the size grows it means other cars will be displaced.

As deliveries come in expect more at Jamaica Yard, and revenue service has to begin shortly but as to when, is anyones guess.

I guess soon enough someone will post I saw a R160 in service on the (E) or (F). It is a matter of time, and will be very soon. Exact time and date uncertain.

The R160 would replace The R42's as of now, The R32's is not going anywhere until spring of 2009, The R32's might go back to pitkin along with the A-A sets of R46's. The R44's are having major problems now and they are far wrose than The R32's now, and the R42's are rusting wrose than the R40 slants. The R38's are going now set by set and If you spot an R38 (A) train that means that set is going to 207th for reefing, The R32 Phase II striping has been pushed back.

IIRC, the Option 1 R160s are to replace the remaining R32s. The R42s will stay in the system. However when the R160s arrive at Jamaica, they will probably be transferred over to Pitkin to replace the R38s and slants. The Phase 1s will be taken out of service and be stored until they are reefed.

Yeah I think I saw a 38 on the A this week. Probably on its way to being reefed.

I'm not sure where you get your information.

@Jamaica Yard:

Numbers are: 8773-8777, 9233-9247, 8605-8612... Does anyone see problems here???

8605-8612(R160A-1's)are being used as school cars to train the (E) and (F)

crews,same with 8773-8777.(R160B)9233-9247 are going to be used on the

(E) or (F).

Oh? Where you got this info? A T/O or another railfan?

A t/o. When the (G) transfer to the Coney Island and get extended to Church Ave in December the R68/R68A will run on the (G) and will displace the R46 from the (G) and the R46 will go to the (E)/(F)/®/(V) only.

A t/o. When the (G) transfer to the Coney Island and get extended to Church Ave in December the R68/R68A will run on the (G) and will displace the R46 from the (G) and the R46 will go to the (E)/(F)/®/(V) only.

Well, very well! I have to confirm it with other transit personnel here. For example: Pelham Bay Dave.

The (G) is unknown right now. If they move the (G) to be part of the South section(:)(D)(N)(Q)(W) Lines with (G) service Perm terminating at Courts Sq and Church AVE then you may see R68/68A's OR R160's. Everything is a BIG IF. Currently (G) is part of QNS using R46's only.

Yeah... I really don't think the transfer is happening anytime soon.

The (G) is unknown right now. If they move the (G) to be part of the South section(:)(D)(N)(Q)(W) Lines with (G) service Perm terminating at Courts Sq and Church AVE then you may see R68/68A's OR R160's. Everything is a BIG IF. Currently (G) is part of QNS using R46's only.

I know that but I heard it was going to happen in December (2008) but lets anyways find out when it really happens.

Guest Charles

Pelham Bay Dave, it seems as if the (V) is getting a bit overshadowed by the arrival of the R160s at Jamaica and possibly serving on the (E) or (F). Would you happen to have any info on the (V)?

Archived