3-4 R-160 Car Sets spotted in Jamaica Yard...

KeystoneRegional

Hey All,

Recently, I have seen 3-4 R-160 car sets in Jamaica Yard and it is starting to grow... I guess the R-160 is coming to Queens Blvd. Line after all... I guess I can confirm it to be operated on one of the lines of Queens Blvd. but can't confirm specifically... Continental Ave. Station is getting ADA Accessible as well! =)...

Hope you have it up-to-date!

I was on the (F) to the 71st Continental Station. Going was a R46. Coming back was an R32.

I heard that R32 will be phased out by December 1st and I knew the R160's were coming especially the new option order which will be allocated to the (F).

ADA at Continental Avenue was postponed due to poor MTA budget. I am surprised that they finally brought it back.

As to when we will see the R160's on the (F), I am guessing as soon as they trash those R32's on the line by December 1st which is what was stated. Even if its a little delayed, shouldn't be that long from now.

The R160 will displace the R46 from the (E)/(F)/(G)/®/(V) and will move to the (A)/© lines.

Makes sense.

However, stop short:

You must have ENOUGH R160 to displace the R46s... if you do not have enough, how would you send all of them to Pitkin? What they would do is get rid of the Phase 1s and displace the R42s on the E to Pitkin. If there is a surplus of R160s, then they MIGHT send the R46s to displace the R38s and Slants at Pitkin.

I feel they are just testing on the (F) line for a reason, the reason is in fact that the (F) line is the longest and roughest line. It got lows-Tunnels Under East River, it got highs-Simith 9th Street...

(F) is not the longest line. That "honor" goes to the (A). which has its share of highs and lows, and even gets a dose of salt water air in the Rockaways unlike the (F).

To be honest, I feel the (E) deserves them more than the (F) because it has run the oldest cars in the system for a long while, and I think you would agree that the R46 runs perfectly fine.

I fixed it... I forgot to write 'on Queens Blvd'. I feel the (E) deserves it too... The (F) got the R-46 already... They match the R-46 more than any other train line except the (R), (V) and (G) line... Not to mention the (E) needs a brighter sign since the 8th Ave. Line is always like so dark... Once I even missed a swimming lesson when accidentally board an (C) with messed up rollsign...

Yeah, I agree.

this is the correct info as for now

(G)(V) will remain the with R46's

the R32 will displace from the (E) and (R) lines ro be replaced with R42's

the (F) will get R160's,but only to replace the R32's on them.

the (E) is unconfirmed,but there was a R160 testing on the (E) line

but more chances of it being on the (F) line

Sounds about correct

On 11/24/08 I was on an R32 heading to 71st + continental on the (F).

So when will I get an R160 on the (F) now that they are in the Jamaica Yard and they have trains for revenue service in hand.

Still seeing R32's on the (F) which I get from time to time and it seems like there is the same amount of them on the line as before.

I was on the (F) to the 71st Continental Station. Going was a R46. Coming back was an R32.

I heard that R32 will be phased out by December 1st and I knew the R160's were coming especially the new option order which will be allocated to the (F).

R32 won't be phased out by Dec 1st.the R38 are being phased out currently.

So, to clear the confusion...

-R-32, R-38, R-40 and R-40M will get scrapped...

-Few R42 will replace the R32 on the (R) and few R42 will slightly replace few rush hour (E) R-32's...

-R160 will replace all R32 on (F) and all on (E)...

-R46 remain on (R), (V) and (G) trains...

MTA Remaining Fleet:

BMT/IND- R42*, R44, R46, R68, R143 and R160...

IRT- R62 and R142...

*Some R-42 will reamin and some will go possibly...

R160 on the Queens Blvd Line (S)(W)(E)(E)(T)

MTA Remaining Fleet:

IRT- R62 and R142...

I have to say, the (MTA) Fleet has really shrank in variety, and numbers SIGNIFICANTLY since 1999.

Bout time some R160's did service on the (F) line.

So, to clear the confusion...

-R-32, R-38, R-40 and R-40M will get scrapped...

-Few R42 will replace the R32 on the (R) and few R42 will slightly replace few rush hour (E) R-32's...

-R160 will replace all R32 on (F) and all on (E)...

-R46 remain on (R), (V) and (G) trains...

MTA Remaining Fleet:

IRT- R62 and R142...

The R-32, R-38, R-40 will be reefed beginning December 2008 continuing through 2009. The Mods and R-42s will be reefed when the Option 2 orders come in. According to NYC Subway: the Base Order is supposed to replace the GE R32s, all R38s, all R40s, CI Rebuilt R42s. Option Order 1: replaces remaining R32s. Option Order 2: All R40M and remaining R42 (MK). The R160 will replace all R32 on the F. As for the E, I am not exactly sure if there are enough R160 to fill the E. But the R160's job at Jamaica is to remove the Phase-1s. If future orders arrive at Jamaica, they will replace the R42 (probably). A sizable portion of the F line's stock will be composed of R46s. R46s will be continued to be seen on the R and V lines. The G will keep its R46s until it is transferred to Coney Island Yard.

Archived