C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

On 5/1/2024 at 3:56 PM, Comrade96 said:

if you have sleep apnea transit requires you to get a CPAP machine. It helps with your breathing at night by maintaining poisitive air pressure through your nose

How do they even know you have sleep apnea? Unless you admit to having sleeping disorder?

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Och0a16 said:

How do they even know you have sleep apnea? Unless you admit to having sleeping disorder?

if you have a neck over 17 inches in circumference. mine was just over the line... turns out my throat is narrow anyway, so size didn't matter. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

The proposed answer key was suppose to come out @ 3PM and still haven’t been released. This is really a waiting game :)

Edited by Bx6Select1010
Answer key didn’t actually released

19 minutes ago, Bx6Select1010 said:

The proposed answer key was suppose to come out @ 3PM and still haven’t been released. This is really a waiting game :)

same thing happened to the train operator promotional, expect it by end of month or early june

1 minute ago, Comrade96 said:

same thing happened to the train operator promotional, expect it by end of month or early june

The date was changed to June 18th after 3PM. Got the message while requesting an appointment for the protest session for this exam

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, Bx6Select1010 said:

The proposed answer key got released, only certain sessions are posted. The rest are still postponed.

So if I took it on 4/28 I have to wait for it still ?

1 minute ago, BDodgers said:

So, I calculated my score to a 95 or 96.25 before any protest sessions. Is that a good score?

Yes, anything above a 95 is an exceptionally good score. Anything above 90 is also good

1 hour ago, BDodgers said:

So, I calculated my score to a 95 or 96.25 before any protest sessions. Is that a good score?

did you apply in the first few days of when the application went out last year?

6 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

did you apply in the first few days of when the application went out last year?

Actually no. I tried applying online but the website wouldn't let me sign into my account. So, I did a mail in application, but the weird thing is I sent the application around the extended deadline which was November 15th (?) I probably sent it a couple days before that. Maybe because it was a physical application, they put me in one of the earlier sessions?

12 hours ago, 2ride said:

I got a 91 on station agent. Was that a good score?

So ill mention this for all of you to know

There are multiple factors that go into what determines your spot on a list for the OC exams

When you filed for the application, and what you scored are the two main important criteria

Say you and a friend sent  your applications in a day aprt and scored the exact same, your friend will be slightly higher on said list

6 hours ago, BDodgers said:

Actually no. I tried applying online but the website wouldn't let me sign into my account. So, I did a mail in application, but the weird thing is I sent the application around the extended deadline which was November 15th (?) I probably sent it a couple days before that. Maybe because it was a physical application, they put me in one of the earlier sessions?

thats weird I dont really have anything to say on that, but being thay you sent it close to the deadline thats slightly unfortunate 

40 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

see the above comment I made 

Well, they did put me in one of the first sessions so perhaps things will go in my favor when the list comes out like before. Either way I'm pretty happy to get a good score

3 minutes ago, BDodgers said:

Well, they did put me in one of the first sessions so perhaps things will go in my favor when the list comes out like before. Either way I'm pretty happy to get a good score

the session you were put in doesnt really matter. I wish you the best of luck regardless

26 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

the session you were put in doesnt really matter. I wish you the best of luck regardless

Thanks for the well wishes. Would you know how the next steps will go? This is my first time doing one of these tests

2 hours ago, BDodgers said:

Thanks for the well wishes. Would you know how the next steps will go? This is my first time doing one of these tests

idk if they changed the procedure from my time when I took it, but you didnt happen to take something called an OPA (Oral proficiency assessment) yet right?

11 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

idk if they changed the procedure from my time when I took it, but you didnt happen to take something called an OPA (Oral proficiency assessment) yet right?

Nah nothing like that at all. Do you take that before the official list is made?

20 minutes ago, BDodgers said:

Nah nothing like that at all. Do you take that before the official list is made?

yeah so the OPA would be the next step before the list is established, which probably wont happen for at least another year

46 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

yeah so the OPA would be the next step before the list is established, which probably wont happen for at least another year

The mental punishment people have to go through when waiting for results or lists to be released… they are so slow.