C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Bx6Select1010 said:

Hello, since they mentioned about your SSN, do you need the physical card with you or you tell them the number 

As long as you have your entire Social Security Number memorized for the test documents, such as your official answer sheet, you will be fine.

Posted (edited)

Just took the test today. The only slight complain I have about the test is right after the time was up during the memorize portion of the test we had to wait about 5 minutes afterwards before we could start answering those questions. The test proctor took her time collecting the images we had to memorize and then wait until she was given the the queue to hand out the questions so we could start answering them. Wish we could just flip to the questions after the time was up and just put those images aside so the proctor could collect them while we started answering the questions. But besides that the test was very easy. A few questions seemed a bit tricky with either answer being right but i guess one answer was more correct that then other. Either way, can't wait for the proposed answer to see how I scored in the memorized portion of the test.

Edited by Och0a16

54 minutes ago, Och0a16 said:

Just took the test today. The only slight complain I have about the test is right after the time was up during the memorize portion of the test we had to wait about 5 minutes afterwards before we could start answering those questions. The test proctor took her time collecting the images we had to memorize and then wait until she was given the the queue to hand out the questions so we could start answering them. Wish we could just flip to the questions after the time was up and just put those images aside so the proctor could collect them while we started answering the questions. But besides that the test was very easy. A few questions seemed a bit tricky with either answer being right but i guess one answer was more correct that then other. Either way, can't wait for the proposed answer to see how I scored in the memorized portion of the test.

You can protest the questions with more than one right answers.

Finished the exam about an hour ago and it was pretty easy. As long as you take your time. Out of the 80 questions only had trouble with 2 of them. Overall, you should be ok without taking a practice exam. Only compliant was I wished it was clearer that we would be taking the exam well after 2pm and that everyone had to be waiting outside. Got anxiety seeing people with green letters while I only had a printout of my email letter. Thought I was going to have to get rescheduled for a different day.  

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Och0a16 said:

...The only slight complain I have about the test is right after the time was up during the memorize portion of the test we had to wait about 5 minutes afterwards before we could start answering those questions. The test proctor took her time collecting the images we had to memorize and then wait until she was given the the queue to hand out the questions so we could start answering them. Wish we could just flip to the questions after the time was up and just put those images aside so the proctor could collect them while we started answering the questions...

26 minutes ago, BDodgers said:

...Only compliant was I wished it was clearer that we would be taking the exam well after 2pm and that everyone had to be waiting outside. Got anxiety seeing people with green letters while I only had a printout of my email letter. Thought I was going to have to get rescheduled for a different day.  

From taking several Bus Operator Examinations, they do the same things. The only difference was that one time it was raining, and they made everyone line up in the hallway and wait in there, which was annoying.

Edited by +Young+

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, 2ride said:

You can protest the questions with more than one right answers.

How does that work? I know there's a date noted when you can go and protest the question. Like do they go over every question asking if any objective the answer?

Edited by Och0a16

54 minutes ago, Och0a16 said:

How does that work? I know there's a date noted when you can go and protest the question. Like do they go over every question asking if any objective the answer?

I would think so, but hopefully somebody here who has more experience than me on that can answer this. 

Posted (edited)

I think it’s easier to become a station agent than a conductor. It seems like conductor is the more popular job of the two and if you don’t score 100 on it, you can’t get the conductor position. 

Edited by 2ride

9 hours ago, 2ride said:

I think it’s easier to become a station agent than a conductor. It seems like conductor is the more popular job of the two and if you don’t score 100 on it, you can’t get the conductor position. 

I know I'm late to the party, but was this exam for LIRR conductor or MTA conductor as in the subways?

2 hours ago, Longislandguy7545 said:

I know I'm late to the party, but was this exam for LIRR conductor or MTA conductor as in the subways?

I think you mean NYCT specifically as both are under MTA. Yes this was a NYCT test

14 hours ago, 2ride said:

Not true, you do not have to score a 100 on the test although there are people who will. Average score is between a 80 and 95. To be fair if your in the top 8000 you have better chance of being called. 

3 minutes ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

Not true, you do not have to score a 100 on the test although there are people who will. Average score is between a 80 and 95. To be fair if your in the top 8000 you have better chance of being called. 

Someone said don’t score below 92. 

Also, can you tell me the last time people who took the conductor test got called with scores of 80-95? 

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, 2ride said:

Someone said don’t score below 92. 

Also, can you tell me the last time people who took the conductor test got called with scores of 80-95? 

Uhhhh, me, I got a 95 on the previous conductor OC

Plus theyre in the 11-12k range for the old test right now and most of those people fit into that range you just described

Scoring higher increases your chances of getting called/called earlier but the other metric they use is when you sent in the application for the test

Edited by Comrade96
typo

5 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

Uhhhh, me, I got a 95 on the previous conductor OC

Plus theyre in the 11-12k range for the old test right now and most of those people fit into that range you just described

Scoring higher increases your chances of getting called/called earlier but the other metric they use is when you sent in the application for the test

They only asked for education credentials this time, nothing about work experience when I submitted it.

4 minutes ago, 2ride said:

They only asked for education credentials this time, nothing about work experience when I submitted it.

thats pretty much how all of the OC conductor exams are, theyll almost never ask for work experience

they didnt ask for any the last exam either

2 minutes ago, Comrade96 said:

thats pretty much how all of the OC conductor exams are, theyll almost never ask for work experience

they didnt ask for any the last exam either

I wonder where they’re going to place station agents or conductors once they computerize/AI stuff on the job. I hope we aren’t going to get layed off or anything.

5 minutes ago, 2ride said:

I wonder where they’re going to place station agents or conductors once they computerize/AI stuff on the job. I hope we aren’t going to get layed off or anything.

youll be retired by the time transit actually fully gets around to doing that

4 hours ago, Comrade96 said:

youll be retired by the time transit actually fully gets around to doing that

Anybody who becomes a conductor needs to be able to know how to do the job; if someone sucks at the job, they can fire that person.