C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/22/2024 at 8:05 PM, 2ride said:

Anybody who becomes a conductor needs to be able to know how to do the job; if someone sucks at the job, they can fire that person.

On 4/22/2024 at 8:28 PM, 2ride said:

Yeah I know. =)

As per the guidelines, if you can please stay on-topic, it would be appreciated. If NOT, disciplinary action will be coming.

Thank you @2ride!!

4 hours ago, +Young+ said:

As per the guidelines, if you can please stay on-topic, it would be appreciated. If NOT, disciplinary action will be coming.

Thank you @2ride!!

If you keep threatening me like that but don’t enforce the site policies on other members too, I’m reporting you to the site admins.

Getting back on topic, good luck to those taking the exam this weekend

make sure you leave extra early as the switch/signal issue at 36th st last weekend definitely screwed over a lot of people

don't let that bar you from taking an exam for what potentially may be a career for you 

On 4/22/2024 at 3:12 PM, 2ride said:

Someone said don’t score below 92. 

Also, can you tell me the last time people who took the conductor test got called with scores of 80-95? 

They'll get to you if you score i would say even an 85 and possibly lower if they keep it open as long as this last exam was open. I got a 96.7 or 96.1 i forgot exactly.  I was called December 2019 i had number low 1900's. So a bit over 3 years from the exam to get the letter with a 96 score. 

19 hours ago, Nyctransitorhotels said:

They'll get to you if you score i would say even an 85 and possibly lower if they keep it open as long as this last exam was open. I got a 96.7 or 96.1 i forgot exactly.  I was called December 2019 i had number low 1900's. So a bit over 3 years from the exam to get the letter with a 96 score. 

And for the record I had a roughly similar score and was 3100s and was called September 2021 (delayed of course by the pandemic)

My two sons took the test. I am a retired Train Operator.. Don’t worry about your number, they go pretty deep on the list.. The job is rough for the first two years.. You will be xx ( extra extra) .. I won’t get into how tough it can get but it will.. One word of advice to make your life easier.. If you live in The Bronx or upstate and the A division closes out, some people wait until the next round .. This way they will get their division and not lose too much seniority.. 

1 minute ago, 2ride said:

I’m scared now because that means if you score under 95, you have no shot at getting called.

that simply isnt true, people are being called right now that have scored between 90-95

Below 90 though I would agree

On 4/28/2024 at 12:34 PM, R179 8258 said:

My question is how long is the process for everything like the list and to wait to get a call lol 

that does kinda depend on their needs. Like, Myself, Comrade 96 and a few other members of the site, we took the tests back 8 years ago. they didn't get to us for several years, but obviously we were affected by the pandemic... in your case... you might be sooner rather than later. 

The MTA did a mass hiring push in the first few years of the 2000s... and those guys are going to be "putting in their papers" soon. We are going to need bodies by the truck load... again... So if you did really well, and you meet their criteria, and you don't get hung up like I did with getting a CPAP machine... 3-5 years, you'll walking into PS 248 for you first day.

2 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

that does kinda depend on their needs. Like, Myself, Comrade 96 and a few other members of the site, we took the tests back 8 years ago. they didn't get to us for several years, but obviously we were affected by the pandemic... in your case... you might be sooner rather than later. 

The MTA did a mass hiring push in the first few years of the 2000s... and those guys are going to be "putting in their papers" soon. We are going to need bodies by the truck load... again... So if you did really well, and you meet their criteria, and you don't get hung up like I did with getting a CPAP machine... 3-5 years, you'll walking into PS 248 for you first day.

Sweet ! Hope to be working along you guys soon 

4 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

What is CPAP machine?