C/R Exam # 4600 (Open-Competitive)

NJMike73

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Tyler Hassell said:

I got my test date for May 7th… seems later than everyone else I’m wondering what’s up with that

Test date are based on when you filed to take your test and also how you will be graded also

Edited by Ryan98

2 hours ago, 2ride said:

Is there going to be a difference between people who take it on April 21st and people who take it on April 28th? I’m taking mine on 28th so I’m curious.

I don’t think so, we have to be established on a list according to scores. It’s seems it’s more-so of when you filed for the exam. I filed for the exam on day 1. 

Now, im having a bit of second thoughts. On the one hand, being a conductor would provide stability. On the other hand, it'd be a slap to the post-secondary education and the BootCamp I'm doing right now. Aw man...

12 hours ago, Blitzer120 said:

Now, im having a bit of second thoughts. On the one hand, being a conductor would provide stability. On the other hand, it'd be a slap to the post-secondary education and the BootCamp I'm doing right now. Aw man...

I’m well established in Nj Transit, making top pay and I’m having second thoughts but my ultimate goal is to make it to train operator. Sometimes you have to make a step back in life to go forwards 

5 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

I’m well established in Nj Transit, making top pay and I’m having second thoughts but my ultimate goal is to make it to train operator. Sometimes you have to make a step back in life to go forwards 

You can apply for train operator or locomotive engineer at NJT can’t you?

10 hours ago, 553 Bridgeton said:

They are very picky on who they pick. I won’t elaborate publicly but if you want to pm me I will gladly tell you. 

You’ve been working with them for so long now and they still don’t bother to treat you right?

I got the letter which says to bring number two pencils. Do they have to be pre sharpened or will they have a pencil sharpener on site? Also it says no phones. Do they hold your phone up front?

7 hours ago, CR4600 said:

I got the letter which says to bring number two pencils. Do they have to be pre sharpened or will they have a pencil sharpener on site? Also it says no phones. Do they hold your phone up front?

First of all, welcome to the Forums!!

Second, they have to be pre sharpened. If you are "lucky," your room monitor might have a pencil sharpener, however I would be on the safe side, respectively.

As far as the phones are concerned, just make sure they are turned off and out of sight between the time you walk into the building and the time you walk out of the building. With the amount of people taking this exam, they will not hold your phone up front.

True story: While taking a multiple-choice examination for the NYC Transit, one time I had my phone powered on, however it was on silent, and, at the same time, my sweatshirt was covering my phone and my phone case on my belt. To make a long story short: It did not go off and nobody said anything to me.

Good luck, and again, welcome to the Forums!! 

On 3/12/2024 at 9:34 AM, Steve said:

I found what looks like a revised additon on Amazon, see if you have any luck 

Is there any way you can send a link as I am trying to find out what topics to revise before taking the conductor and train operator exam .

On 3/23/2024 at 1:56 PM, Steve said:

Are Mechanical Pencils acceptable? Or dose it have to be a regular wood pencil? I dont want to bring one and get trouble for it

As long as it is a # 2 pencil, you will be fine. If you remember those "scantrons" or "bubble sheets" when you were in school and/or college, that's what you will be utilizing the pencils for,

1 hour ago, Woonina said:

Is there any way you can send a link as I am trying to find out what topics to revise before taking the conductor and train operator exam .

For the Conductor examination, have you considered looking at the third and the top of the fourth pages of the Notice of Examination, which can be viewed by clicking here? The topics are right there.

Good luck!!

2 hours ago, Woonina said:

Click the Word Amazon in the post, its hyperlinked

Also, Noted and Thank you Young

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, +Young+ said:

You're welcome. Good luck!!

When you’re working as a conductor, will management time you how long it takes you to finish an assignment? Or just finish whatever you can?

Edited by 2ride