Train Operator Exam # 4605 (Open-Competitive)

parkavetunnel

I know the application period for this (allegedly OC) exam isn't for another 4 months. Just trying to get a gauge on the circumstances surrounding T/O hiring as of late. I know it's been roughly 6 years since the last exam (7604), and from what I can gather, the list is still effective. 

I currently work for a passenger railroad and am keen on heading below ground, so I figure I'll the test and see what happens. Anyone thoughts on whether this may in fact be a reality, or will they simply extend the list for 7604?

Thank you for the help.

• 4 months later...

On 7/10/2023 at 2:01 AM, parkavetunnel said:

I know the application period for this (allegedly OC) exam isn't for another 4 months. Just trying to get a gauge on the circumstances surrounding T/O hiring as of late. I know it's been roughly 6 years since the last exam (7604), and from what I can gather, the list is still effective. 

I currently work for a passenger railroad and am keen on heading below ground, so I figure I'll the test and see what happens. Anyone thoughts on whether this may in fact be a reality, or will they simply extend the list for 7604?

Thank you for the help.

If you already have experience, LIRR is open right now

On 7/10/2023 at 2:01 AM, parkavetunnel said:

Thank you for the help.

Passenger railroad… I assume Amtrak right? Why are you trying to leave Amtrak anyways?

Edited by 2ride

• +Young+ changed the title to Train Operator Exam # 4605 (Open-Competitive)

The second edition book, Surfing Through New York Transit Exams, for the train operator and conductor exams has been released on Amazon, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CPDRCQ93?ref_=pe_93986420_774957520. 

Two full length exams with 160 test questions and customers for the first edition of this book stated that the questions give you a real feel for the exam.  The book just went up on Amazon, so it might take a few more days before the book is in stock.  Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Did anyone else get an email stating that their payment was not received? I had paid electronically on 12/01/2023 and now they're telling me that I'm pending disqualification if they don't receive a money order within ten days.

• 1 month later...
On 3/2/2024 at 10:43 PM, mtadreamer said:

Please advise.  I paid and received a confirmation of payment.  I did not receive instructions of next steps.  I'm worried because it's already beginning of March

The exam is in mid May. You likely won't hear anything until April or beginning of May.

Hey Yall, I just went back to check on my application and its not listing anything under work experience, IK i put something in for my current job. Is this reason for concern/DQ, or is the site just buggy and Im worrying to much