CTA, RAILWORKERS, TOs, Conductors

Orlando V

5 minutes ago, ConductBusiness said:

in the hiring process right now, whats wrong with the boots ? is it something an insole can fix ?

that's the thing, nothing is wrong with them. Transit buys you boots every year, of your choice, from a selection of brands. Some are even well-known name brands, like, you can even get Timberland branded ones.

On 11/5/2023 at 4:33 PM, ConductBusiness said:

in the hiring process right now, whats wrong with the boots ? is it something an insole can fix ?

Good luck  who ever says there is Nothing Wrong With The BOOTS SO ALL OF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM ON THE SAFEGUARD SITE INCLUDING MYSELF ARE TELLING LIE'S SMH!!.🤔

Just now, Orlando V said:

Good luck  who ever says there is Nothing Wrong With The BOOTS SO ALL OF THE PEOPLE COMPLAINING ABOUT THEM ON THE SAFEGUARD SITE INCLUDING MYSELF ARE TELLING LIE'S SMH!!.🤔

My Left Foot Got a Bad Digital Callous  from INBETWEEN MY Toe next to the PINKY Toe  the pain was soo severe that I could not go onto the road after TRAINING and I still have No health insurance to go and have my Foot checked out so I had to Resign because of the REALLY GREAT FOOTWEAR 😂🤬 THE MTA FORCES ONE TO WEAR!!!!.

6 minutes ago, Orlando V said:

My Left Foot Got a Bad Digital Callous  from INBETWEEN MY Toe next to the PINKY Toe  the pain was soo severe that I could not go onto the road after TRAINING and I still have No health insurance to go and have my Foot checked out so I had to Resign because of the REALLY GREAT FOOTWEAR 😂🤬 THE MTA FORCES ONE TO WEAR!!!!.

And Yes My INJURY was because of the BOOTS that were issued for me to wear during the whole of the training and the model boots was the Avenger #model#2..  I "HATE THEM" THEY COST ME MY JOB!!!! AND BY THE WAY MY FEET WERE IN GREAT CONDITION ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM BEFORE HAVING TO WRAR THOSE ACURSED BOOTS FROM SAFEGUARD I EVEN GOT THEM IN A WIDE SO KNOW THEY WERE NOT FITTING ME TIGHT OR ANYTHING AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO F🤬k my Foot UP!!.

Just now, Orlando V said:

And Yes My INJURY was because of the BOOTS that were issued for me to wear during the whole of the training and the model boots was the Avenger #model#2..  I "HATE THEM" THEY COST ME MY JOB!!!! AND BY THE WAY MY FEET WERE IN GREAT CONDITION ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WRONG WITH THEM BEFORE HAVING TO WEAR THOSE ACURSED BOOTS FROM SAFEGUARD I EVEN GOT THEM IN A WIDE SO KNOW THEY WERE NOT FITTING ME TIGHT OR ANYTHING AND THEY STILL MANAGED TO F🤬k my Foot UP!!.

2 hours ago, Orlando V said:

Yes. Yes you are…

Not taking proper care of your feet and blaming the boots. Spaming here for attention….

19 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Yes. Yes you are…

Not taking proper care of your feet and blaming the boots. Spaming here for attention….

Yeah it would take a "Company Person" to say those words you have no idea what I went Through but hey You never Know IT Too can Happen to you None of us IS impervious.

19 hours ago, Kamen Rider said:

Yes. Yes you are…

And another thing people on here should stop bullshitting when it comes to the transit issued boots they damn well "know" many CTA's that I have Spoken to and conductors and electricians some rail workers all Complain and have had many foot issues NOW and Through out the Years the problem is many don't want to come on the forums and speak for for some kind of Fear of whom is going to be on here reading about it and for sure many won't even use there actual Name's.

Am I a “company woman” or am I just good at sniffing out a story that doesn’t make logical sense.

Look, taking everything you said at face value, here is the problem with your entire argument:

The boots transit buys, are OFF THE SHELF boots that anyone can buy, made by multiple different, completely unrelated manufacturers. These aren’t made specifically for the MTA. Safgard doesn’t make the boots. They’re a wholesaler. 

just to prove my point, here is my first pair of transit work boots for sale on Granger.com. You will notice they are also “Avenger” branded.

https://www.grainger.com/product/52DF85?gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gclid=Cj0KCQiAo7KqBhDhARIsAKhZ4ujuRUzXcttO-7vYISiAPdzdy6yJLBRx8MLQlNryEwfhpsEdUOszs1oaAm2mEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I did not have a problem with them.

For them ALL to be bad, something would have to be extremely wrong.

what it seems like to me is you had an issue with your foot and chose to fall for the “correlation equals causation” fallacy and blame the boots. 

You say you got a callus (there’s no “O”) on your ring toe… specifically you say “inbetween”, which makes it sound like it was between your toes.

Calluses are caused by friction.

That means your toe was rubbing up against something repeatedly.

It would seem that the problem was not the boot in and of itself, but how you were wearing them.

If the boot is on correctly, then it should move with your foot and not rub against it. 

I might have gotten a blister on two after some really long platform jobs, but calluses take a long time to form. Up to a month of repeated friction. 

1 hour ago, Kamen Rider said:

Am I a “company woman” or am I just good at sniffing out a story that doesn’t make logical sense.

Look, taking everything you said at face value, here is the problem with your entire argument:

The boots transit buys, are OFF THE SHELF boots that anyone can buy, made by multiple different, completely unrelated manufacturers. These aren’t made specifically for the MTA. Safgard doesn’t make the boots. They’re a wholesaler. 

just to prove my point, here is my first pair of transit work boots for sale on Granger.com. You will notice they are also “Avenger” branded.

https://www.grainger.com/product/52DF85?gucid=N:N:PS:Paid:GGL:CSM-2295:4P7A1P:20501231&gclid=Cj0KCQiAo7KqBhDhARIsAKhZ4ujuRUzXcttO-7vYISiAPdzdy6yJLBRx8MLQlNryEwfhpsEdUOszs1oaAm2mEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

I did not have a problem with them.

For them ALL to be bad, something would have to be extremely wrong.

what it seems like to me is you had an issue with your foot and chose to fall for the “correlation equals causation” fallacy and blame the boots. 

You say you got a callus (there’s no “O”) on your ring toe… specifically you say “inbetween”, which makes it sound like it was between your toes.

Calluses are caused by friction.

That means your toe was rubbing up against something repeatedly.

It would seem that the problem was not the boot in and of itself, but how you were wearing them.

If the boot is on correctly, then it should move with your foot and not rub against it. 

I might have gotten a blister on two after some really long platform jobs, but calluses take a long time to form. Up to a month of repeated friction. 

🤔🥱😴

Two questions for those involved. Are these work boots mandated ? Is there an option to purchase your own boots? I ask I come from an era where we purchased our own equipment. Just asking. Heck, I'm old enough to remember when we were issued pinstripe uniforms that my local cleaners wouldn't touch because of the steel dust that collected on them. We also purchased our own footwear. Carry on.

6 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

Two questions for those involved. Are these work boots mandated ? Is there an option to purchase your own boots? I ask I come from an era where we purchased our own equipment. Just asking. Heck, I'm old enough to remember when we were issued pinstripe uniforms that my local cleaners wouldn't touch because of the steel dust that collected on them. We also purchased our own footwear. Carry on.

You can buy your own boots and even get reimbursed, so long as a manger signs off on them after inspecting that the meet the requirements, most notably an electrical hazard rating that could take the third rail.

On 11/8/2023 at 12:54 PM, Orlando V said:

I have no issues with the Boots either never have so are you calling me a liar cleaner?

11 hours ago, Trainmaster5 said:

You can get your own boots as  long as they are signed off on by a manager i know of a few people who go that route.

51 minutes ago, RTOMan said:

Yeah we seem to have a lot of that going on sadly down here yet that person  is still here working i bet.

If that person is truly that miserable in their job, perhaps change it up or leave and find another job

14 minutes ago, go25 said:

If that person is truly that miserable in their job, perhaps change it up or leave and find another job

Nah those types stay and live their careers  being miserable i see it at work with folks with time as well..

Miserable yet they still here..

1 hour ago, RTOMan said:

Nah those types stay and live their careers  being miserable i see it at work with folks with time as well..

Miserable yet they still here..

I've seen it in NJT, both Bus and Rail Ops, people love making others miserable for no reason