Who will replace "Hillary' as New York "Junior' US Senator?

Shortline Bus

In a very busy news week from the India terror attack to the economy and even the Buress mess w/ the NY Giants NFL team, Hillary Clinton was chosen by President Elect Obama to be US Sectary of State the 2nd most important post in an admintstration.(after of course VP)

Clinton if approved by the US Senate and Congress becomes the 3rd woman to hold this post as America top Foreign Minster after Condi and Albright.

For while many people had thought either NM Gov. Bill Richardson or outgoing Neb US Sen. Chuck Hagel was the favorites.

So now who does Gov Dave Paterson select to replace Hillary for her remaining 2 years in office? Tonight (12/5/08)rumors are flying Obama is trying to talk the Gov. into giving the job to Caroline Kennedy an early Obama supporter.

What you think guys?

I can speak about the Giants because I'll be at East Rutherford Sunday at the game. They played just fine like nothing happened the first Sunday after the incident. What worries me is that the situation has gotten uglier during the week and I hope they're still focused enough to win this important game. We can clinch the division and knock the Eagles out the playoffs at the same time. I guess I'll find out this Sunday at Giants Stadium. :cool:

• 1 month later...

The guessing game is almost over. After 2 months of who will replace Hillary it about to be found out. Gov. David Paterson will finally make his selection tommorow (1/23/09)at a Lunch Time Press for the replacement for Hillary?

Although no offical leaks on a possible leading canadiate, people like State Attorney Genreal Andrew Cuomo, Albany area US Congresswoman Kristen Gilberight, and Manhattan area US Congresswoman Caroline Maloney are rumored to be the finalsts.

The only reason i heard of her(Gilbrand)is she on local Albany tv stations alot. She a Sarah Plain Light (but much more smarter)and until Friday she resprents the district starting just south of Albany(around Kingston, NY)up the Northway aka Interstate 87 to Plattsburgh, near the Canada border.

Almost like a Midwest congressional distrct with biggest city being Albany.

I managed to glance at the paper this morning and I caught that this Kirsten Gillibrand got a 100% rating from the NRA. Carolyn McCarthy must have her panties twisted over that. Let's see how much further she can use her husbands death to her own gain.

Andrew Cuomo did not get it. A unknown to NYC area Congresswoman Kristine Gilbrand was selected. Some are comparing to Sarah Palin. Wow no other comments?

If she does a good job and represents NYS properly, I'm fine.

If she's just going to be a figurehead and a pig with lipstick on, I'm going to slam my head against the wall.

If she does a good job and represents NYS properly, I'm fine.

If she's just going to be a figurehead and a pig with lipstick on, I'm going to slam my head against the wall.

LOL at comment in bold. Seriously Paterson is betting much of re election on how well this newcomer does as an interim replacement until she runs for the full 6-year term in 2010.

If Gilbrand does a lousy job and she become NY's Sarah Palin, Paterson might lose his job that year too.

[/b]LOL at comment in bold. Seriously Paterson is betting much of re election on how well this newcomer does as an interim replacement until she runs for the full 6-year term in 2010.

If Gilbrand does a lousy job and she become NY's Sarah Palin, Paterson might lose his job that year too.

Well IMO, Paterson should do his job and make himself well-liked so that we, the people, will re-elect him.

Patterson needs to be impeached. If he manages to get reelected, I'm moving to New Jersey. He is one if not THE worst New York State Governor.

And who replaces Paterson until 2010? Remember there no "Vice Governor" since Sptizer left to replace Paterson. The next in line is Joe Smith the State Senate Leader or Sheldon Silver.

Julio who you wanted Paterson to pick to replace Hillary? I agree this woman was not the best choice but give her a chance.

And who replaces Paterson until 2010? Remember there no "Vice Governor" since Sptizer left to replace Paterson. The next in line is Joe Smith the State Senate Leader or Sheldon Silver.

Julio who you wanted Paterson to pick to replace Hillary? I agree this woman was not the best choice but give her a chance.

I don't have an issue with his pick. Anyone is better than Caroline Kennedy. What I do have a problem with is Governor Patterson.

Lieutenant Governor?

Yup that what i meant to say. Thanks for correction. I am still right that the Lt Governor is 'vacant' until 2010. If Paterson leaves office (ie death, another scandal, etc)next in line is new State Senate Leader Macolm Smith.

This selection process to replace Hillary and also in Ill. proves once the need that a special election should be held 90 days after the US Senate seat and or Congress become vacant. Sure it costs Millions in bigger states like NY to hold special elections, but it better than the Blago mess in Chicago in which there a good chance he going to jail.

Archived