NFL 2008-09 season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ITS PITTSBURG"H" AND WERE NUMBER 1!!!!!! WERE NUMBER 1!!!!!! PITTSBURGH STEELERS AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PITTSBURGH! PITTSBURGH! PITTSBURGH!

Thank god baseball begins in 62 days!

Agreed. While I am a big NFL fan myself, my 1st love in sport is baseball so looking forward to it. The worst part of the year i hate in sports is the week or two break between the conference finals and the super bowl.

The media bulid up before Super Bowl Sunday drives me nuts.:tdown::mad:

Most boring and infamous Super Bowl. Bad NBC Annoucers with the dude saying, quote "This is like the super bowl from last year with New England-Giants. Not the same, but diffently great". WTF!!

The dude name I think said This is like the super bowl from last year with New England-Giants. Not the same, but diffently great is John Madden. Madden was the best TV Commentaor in history of NFL but he 73 years of age later this year.

The only announcing who descent was Al Micheals who also getting up in years in his early 60's. By next super bowl NBC broadcasts in 3 years, it probably Micheals and Chris Collingsworth doing the play-play.

Why the love for Joe Buck? He at best ok but his Father Jack Buck was much better. That right most of you on these boards dont know who is Jack Buck lol. Jack Buck former St Louis Cardinals MLB announcer and also long time NFL Announcer for CBS.

Without his Dad, Joe Buck does not get a great job after graduating college in 1990.

Guest Charles

Actually, teh Super Bowl didn't disappoint in terms of viewers. It beat out the Giants-Patriots record. In the New York Times today, it said around 98 million ppl tuned in to watch the 4th quarter (That was some quarter!), and that figure slightly elipsed the record of 97 million ppl set last year. So overall it was a good super bowl.

Actually, teh Super Bowl didn't disappoint in terms of viewers. It beat out the Giants-Patriots record. In the New York Times today, it said around 98 million ppl tuned in to watch the 4th quarter (That was some quarter!), and that figure slightly elipsed the record of 97 million ppl set last year. So overall it was a good super bowl.

Total viewership is the not most important number Charles in Nielsen. The Rating point share is. Sunday rating share was a 42. Last year Giants-Pats was a 43. It was only a slight drop than last year. In other words, the Steelers-Cards matchup had 42% of all TV's on between 6pm-1030pm in America had the game on.

The great game and finish kept the ratings high. Of course the super bowl is the most atched tv event of the year. I was saying if the Steelers for instance had blow out the Cards it might have only gotten a 39-40% share.

The lowest rated super bowls in last 20 years such as the Broncos-Falcons(Jan.1999) 49ers-Chargers(1995) and 49ers-Bronocs(jan. 1990)still had at lowest a 35% share.

Guest Charles

The Pro Bowl was today. I didn't see the entire game...I just tuned in at the end to see the NFC won 30-21 and Larry Fitzgerald was named MVP with his 2 touchdowns...

Anyone see the game? Reactions? Hopes for next year? Thoughts on the Pro Bowl?

The Pro Bowl was today. I didn't see the entire game...I just tuned in at the end to see the NFC won 30-21 and Larry Fitzgerald was named MVP with his 2 touchdowns...

Anyone see the game? Reactions? Hopes for next year? Thoughts on the Pro Bowl?

I have not watched the pro bowl in at least 5-6 years. Maybe they get higher tv ratings as the pro bowl gets awful ratings (at least for NFL standards). Exihibtion(pre-season)games in the summer often get higher ratings than the pro bowl.

It should get better though as the pro bowl will now be played in middle week of the 2-week break between the super bowl and the conference finals starting in early 2010.

Guest Charles

It should get better though as the pro bowl will now be played in middle week of the 2-week break between the super bowl and the conference finals starting in early 2010.

Wait...then what will happen to the players who will be playing in the Super Bowl the weekend after the Pro Bowl? Will the coaches allow them to participate inthe Pro Bowl?

Wait...then what will happen to the players who will be playing in the Super Bowl the weekend after the Pro Bowl? Will the coaches allow them to participate inthe Pro Bowl?

I am not sure:confused:. You do raise a excellent question. My guess is that most of the players on the '2' super bowl teams wont play especially those with 'minor' injuries.

• 4 weeks later...

In first bit of off season news biz wise, Kurt Warner has signed an extension with the Cardinals.

Second anyone hear about the 'sad' and terrible news about the '2' friends who are also NFL players who been missing off Flordia after their boat disappered from a fishing trip?:P

Archived