NFL 2008-09 season

Shortline Bus

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Charles
Not a good sign being tied with one of the worst team in NFL right now after the Lions and Raiders.

Include the Chiefs, Rams, Bengals, and Seahawks in that list of bad teams.

My favorite team is the Buffalo Bills, though they're not doing so well this year though... Grew up near Buffalo, been a lifelong fan.

What about everyone else's favorite team?

Speaking of the Bills they played their 1st regular season game in Toronto. This was the 1st ever regular season NFL game played in Canada in modern era. (They were couple of games played in the 1930's though in Toronto)

Ralph Wilson the long time Bills Owner (last remaining oringal AFL founding Owner too)wants to include the Toronto area as Bills terrority.

If Buffalo does not bulid a new stadium in next few years, IMO the Bills will move to either Toronto or westward like San Antanio or LA. If not in next few years, Toronto and LA or San Antanio will get the next NFL expansion teams.

Buffalo lost to Miami and created 3 way tie in AFC East. Meanwhile Gang Green lost a huge game to lowly 49ers. Just 2 weeks ago the Jets were looking at a possible #2 seed in AFC playoffs. Now they be lukcy to make the post season.

Giants with Cowboy loss and Eagles win locked up the NFC East title and most important the 1 seed in NFC playoffs.

Speaking of the Bills they played their 1st regular season game in Toronto. This was the 1st ever regular season NFL game played in Canada in modern era. (They were couple of games played in the 1930's though in Toronto)

Ralph Wilson the long time Bills Owner (last remaining oringal AFL founding Owner too)wants to include the Toronto area as Bills terrority.

If Buffalo does not bulid a new stadium in next few years, IMO the Bills will move to either Toronto or westward like San Antanio or LA. If not in next few years, Toronto and LA or San Antanio will get the next NFL expansion teams.

Buffalo lost to Miami and created 3 way tie in AFC East. Meanwhile Gang Green lost a huge game to lowly 49ers. Just 2 weeks ago the Jets were looking at a possible #2 seed in AFC playoffs. Now they be lukcy to make the post season.

Giants with Cowboy loss and Eagles win locked up the NFC East title and most important the 1 seed in NFC playoffs.

As a Jets fan I am used to this sort of thing. I can see the Jets losing 2 out of 3 to finish at 9-7. They should beat the Bills. Hopefully they will fire Mangini after the season. He is way overated. If they don't win the division they aren't going to make the playoffs. As of now they have the tie breaker advantage over the Dolphins and Patriots.

My favorite team is the E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!

The G-Men clinched the NFC East with the Cowboys loss, but not HFA. If the Giants won, they would have got a FRB.

The Jets are loaded with West Coast games this season. They have one more in Seattle two weeks from now.

Guest Charles
My favorite team is the E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!

The G-Men clinched the NFC East with the Cowboys loss, but not HFA. If the Giants won, they would have got a FRB.

The Jets are loaded with West Coast games this season. They have one more in Seattle two weeks from now.

Brian Westbrook is pretty amazing.

Speaking of which, good game tonight. Carolina and Tampa. I'm probably gonna watch it.

While not impossible the road to Tampa for the Pats is going to be diffcult witthout Mr. Brady. Right now at moment IMO either the Titans or Steelers will win the AFC subject to change.

I dont think the Pats will make past the 2nd round(divisional round)

The Steelers lack of offense really scares me.

IMO only3 teams of possible playoff opppents have a shot of upsetting the Giants on Big Blue road to 2nd straight super bowl win and 4th Lombardi trophy in team history.

They are in no order:

The Steelers but their horrible offfense scares me.

The Panthers the NFC's Steelers but slightly better offfense. Plus Carolina beat the Giants a few years ago in a 1st round playoff game in Eli's rookie season.

The Titans.

Almost no shot.

Dallas is way too inconstience and Tony Romo is way overrated.

Pats are not the same without Brady but his replacement has done a great job & will be a starter somewhere next year.

Eagles and Redskins? Please as they have to win a game in Medowlands in January?

Giants will be heavy favorites(not as much as the pats last year though)to win the super bowl.

The early games of week 15 are in for the 2008 NFL season. Jets beat the Bills 31-27 on late 4th period TD. Meanwhile the Fish also won today to keep up w/ Gang Green in 3-way tie of AFC East today. Pats already piled up 35 points against the Raiders near halftime of their game in Oakland(as of 530pm NY time)and continue the log jam in that divison.

However, the big news of the day is one of the '08 season biggest upsets. Houston beat the Titans 13-12 and thus Tenn. loses their 2nd game of the season.

The Titans will still be the #1 seed in AFC playoffs.

Meanwhile in arguably the best game of this week, Giants and Cowboys starts shortly on NBC. This could also be one of the highest rated Sunday/Monday Night previously on ABC in several years.

Guest Charles
Giants lose to the Cowboys and thus now tied w/ Carolina for #1 seed in NFC.

Next week game between these 2 teams will decide 'homefield' throughout the playoffs and possible site of NFC title game in late January.

Where are they playing at: Carolina or New York. I bet the winner is the home team and gets homefield through out the playoffs.

btw. the AFC playoff picture is somewhat clearer.

Tennessee and Pittsburgh are the #1 and #2 seed respectively and have clinched 1st round byes. The question now is, who gets homefield advantage? There is a big game next week from Nashville when the Steelers visit the Titans.

The Jets currently control their own destiny and are in the #3 seed. Coupled with a Miami loss and a win of their own, they take the East. Miami is second in the tiebreaker and needs to win both its last 2 games. New England needs help, including both a Jets and Miami loss (if the three teams end up with identical standings, the Jets have the tiebreaker, then Miami, then New England.)

Denver has pretty much wrapped up the AFC West.

In the #5 spot, the Colts are pretty much locked. They just need one more win.

The last wild-card spot is iffy. You have the Dolphins, Patriots, and Jets scrambling to the end. The Ravens currently hold this #6 seed. A dark horse team to watch out for is the Houston Texans. They could squeeze in, as they are 7-7, winners of 4 straight, and have a very easy remaining schedule.

IN THE NFC:

Carolina and New York will battle it out for tops in the NFC; winner will most likely get Homefield advantage.

Minnesota and Arizona are vying for the #3 and #4 seeds. If they end with identical records, Minnesota would win the tiebreaker. If Carolina loses both of its remaining games and Minnesota wins its last two, Minnesota would actually clinch the #2 seed. But Minnesota needs to worry about Chicago, sitting one game back.

The wild card situation is a mess. As of now, the Cowboys and Falcons have the two wild card spots (I may be wrong here.) The NFC south is a really good division this year and Tampa is virtually tied with Atlanta. Chicago is still in the thick of this, and Philadelphia could make a run for it too.

My picks are:

AFC

1. Pittsburgh

2. Tennessee

3. New York

4. Denver

5. Indianapolis

6. Baltimore

NFC

1. New York

2. Carolina

3. Minnesota

4. Arizona

5. Atlanta

6. Tampa Bay

The game for the NFC HFA is at Giants Stadium.

1. Houston is eliminated even though they have a better record than San Diego. Its because 1. San Diego can still win the AFC West, and 2. even if Houston wins out, and Baltimore loses the rest of their games, Baltimore still has the tiebreaker.

2. Denver wins the AFC West with a win or a Chargers loss

3. Tampa Bay occupies the #6 seed now

4. The Eagles could clinch a wild card if they win out AND Tampa OR Atlanta loses AT LEAST one game.

New England/ Miami/ New York Jets can be 11-5 and MISS the playoffs, while San Diego can be 8-8 and MAKE the playoffs!

The game for the NFC HFA is at Giants Stadium.

1. Houston is eliminated even though they have a better record than San Diego. Its because 1. San Diego can still win the AFC West, and 2. even if Houston wins out, and Baltimore loses the rest of their games, Baltimore still has the tiebreaker.

2. Denver wins the AFC West with a win or a Chargers loss

3. Tampa Bay occupies the #6 seed now

4. The Eagles could clinch a wild card if they win out AND Tampa OR Atlanta loses AT LEAST one game.

New England/ Miami/ New York Jets can be 11-5 and MISS the playoffs, while San Diego can be 8-8 and MAKE the playoffs!

Off topic for second concerning nfl seeding. Assuming Denver wins their division do they sill 'host' a 1st round(aka wild card game?) I know during the off season there was 'serious' talk of giving wild card aka 'non-divison' teams home games if they had better regular season record.

IMO rgardless of if your team wins a divison or not, it should be based solely on seeding based on regular season record.

That case the Fish should host the 1st round game as a wild card IMO vs. the AFC West Winner Broncos in that scenrio.

Last year if the playoff seeding was based on regular season record, the Giants would have hosted their 1st round game vs. the Bucs.

My picks are:

AFC

1. Pittsburgh

2. Tennessee

3. New York

4. Denver

5. Indianapolis

6. Baltimore

NFC

1. New York

2. Carolina

3. Minnesota

4. Arizona

5. Atlanta

6. Tampa Bay

Replies. Hudson 2008 Post season picks.

AFC

(1)Titans-A Tenn vs Pitt AFC final would be a great game.

(2)Steelers-IMO Best Defense in NFL in 2008. However their lack of offense scares me. If Jerome Bettis or Buress was still playing for them, i would have made them at my super bowl favorites to win it all.

(3)Dolphins-they will win AFC East because of easier schedule.

4)Broncos-None of the AFC West are that good and imo none of them should be in playoffs this year if it were up to me.

<5>Jets-IMO they will lose one of the last two regular season games but get a wild card spot based on excellnt division tiebreaker factor.

<6>Colts-Despite being hurt, if Peyton does not have one of his best seasons in his future hall of fame carrer, they only won maybe 5 games at most.

Very tough call on the #6 AFC team as they battle the Ravens for last AFC playoff spot.

Off topic:

Slight edge to AFC West for worst divison in league in '08(w/ awful Raiders & Chiefs)The NFC West is close awful 2nd.

NFC

(1)Giants-Very tough for opposing teams to win game at Meadowlands in January.

(2)Panthers-Only team IMO they can prevent Big Blue from returning to super bowl in NFC playoffs.

(3)Cardinals

(4)Vikings-Very tough battle for the #3 and #4 seeds but IMO Arizona is a better team barely.

Wild Card Teams(tough call)

<5>Bucs Nice turnaround for Tampa that might have saved Coach Jon Gruden job despite winning the super bowl in 2002.

<6>Cowboys-If Dallas misses post season I am 90% sure Coach Wade Phillips is given the 'pink slip.'

You need a PhD in astrophysics to understand all of these obscure playoff scenarios.

Had Plax been healthy/sane then the Giants would've easily beaten the Eagles two weeks ago. The Giants are going to the playoffs regardless but they're vulnerable. The Panthers always own the Giants and I don't see the Giants winning on Sunday.

The game of the year will be Dolphins vs. Jets two Sundays from now. It will be Pennington's chance at revenge. It the Jets don't make the playoffs then "Mangenius" is gone.

Archived