Railfanning trip tomorrow dec 10th

metsfan

I am going to fan the (1) from top to bottom, ending at the SF terminal.

This is to take one last look at the old south ferry loop before it's closed forever.

I am starting at noon, taking the (A) or (C) (slant) from chambers to 168 th st station, transferring to the (1) into bx, then ride the entire line.

Anyone is welcome.

My cell is 215-666-3934, keep texts to a minimum as i only have an in-network plan. See whomever there!

- A

Saturday, I got to get paid to learn the New South Ferry (took a test train in). Ceremony suppose to be Dec 14 for the opening, trains suppose to start going there Dec 21 (new pick). You all want to ride the (1) line and I was there all last week. This week I'm on the (7)..........

I ended up getting a seriously bad sinus headache from the weather, and ended up going home early at columbus circle. I did get my share of south ferry loop a few weeks ago though, so it's not a huge loss. It was very fun riding up to van courtlandt park up over the river.

I rode an R44 on the (A), and DAMN it was loud. Seemed like the coupler kept popping against the truck frame.

- A

I did on the 10th so I am possibly not doing it. But, I'll see if the 18th I can do it for the last final time...

And when is exactly the New South Ferry Station opening, some repot January, some say the 21st of this month, some say the 19th of this month... I am totally confuzzled!

To All Members:

When is the New South Ferry Station opening?

\A/ December-19th to 21st-2008.

\B/ January-2008.

\C/ Prefer not to answer.

I'm going to make that a poll.

Archived