My rant about my webhost

Harry

My webhost had the genius idea to enable a feature on the server that I already had enabled in the forum software and by doing that it sent the whole site into a vegetative state. I was in and out of my house this weekend so I had little time to try and resolve it.

The site was up the whole time but it would not display on IE6-7, Firefox & Opera. Only mobile phone browsers were able to view the website during that time. Also, I noticed some of you were able to view the site during that time for some reason.

End rant...:mad:

Sorry for the inconvenience guys I apologize.

Its great to see the site back up. These things happen I'm sure everyone would agree.

If they pull this shit again without letting me know anything one more time I'll be taking my money and the site to another webhost.

Excuse my language Jack I'm just pissed off about it.

I almost went into shock without the forums! Glad to have it back on though..

Harry, I think you should talk to someone about this. Whats this, the second time its happened?

Actually this is the first time this particular issue has occured. They should have sent me an e-mail warning me that they were making critical changes to the server. If they would have all this could have been avoided. Like I said in the earlier post, the site was still up and running but just not viewable.

The last down time was an sql error on the mysql database server which pretty much happens with all webhosts. With some webhosts it's more frequent than others. I've spoken to other forum administrators and they confirmed that this always happens from time to time. They told me not to worry too much about database errors. My current webhost is pretty good with avoiding database errors.

I almost went into shock without the forums! Glad to have it back on though..

Harry, I think you should talk to someone about this. Whats this, the second time its happened?

Yeah, I remember you IM'ing me about the forums being down friday. All I did was to see if it was up, then look at the schedule for the 81X that has the Flxible Metro-B run and went on my way. :):D

Archived