Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
BSmith

R160, all lines but the Q

All of the lines that run the R143 and R160 share something in common. Except for the Q. What is it?

E,J,L,M,N,Q,W,Z

The (Q) is the only line to run both the R160A and B sets at least once in their lifetimes?

The (E), (J), (L), (M), and (Z) runs R160As

The (N), (Q), and (W) runs R160Bs.

That's not true. The (Q) run the R40S as well.

Hmm not anymore dude. Haven't seen an R40Slant/R40M or a 42 on the (Q) since last December; 12/2007. Right now the (Q) is R68A/R160A/B.

Hmm not anymore dude. Haven't seen an R40Slant/R40M or a 42 on the (Q) since last December; 12/2007. Right now the (Q) is R68A/R160A/B.

Hmmm. I was thinking of something different, but I may be wrong about the L. The L may be an exception. The Q definitely is.

I have two answers:

1) The Q has ran R160As and R160Bs in the same train set

2) The Q line was a 6 Ave Line route before it came a Broadway Line route in 2001

I have two answers:

1) The Q has ran R160As and R160Bs in the same train set

2) The Q line was a 6 Ave Line route before it came a Broadway Line route in 2001

Didn't mixed sets run on the N before?

Only line that does not pass through Queens?

The L passes thru Queens briefly but it does not have a station in Queens proper.

That's what I was thinking of. The L passes through Queens, the rest of the lines have a terminus in Queens.

Mixed sets ran on the (N), (Q), and (W) lines.

Whats the difference with R160 (Q)s with the other routes? The R160 (Q) has programming with Broadway & 6th Ave Lines, also with the future 2nd Ave Lines.

Which kinda explains why I saw this right above the Bronx Bound (D) Track, either that or for when the (F) and (R) gets R160s of their own

DSC09914.jpg

But then again, I think the (E), has programming when its re-routed via Whitehall or Via 2nd Ave.

Oh crap, i didnt read the question properly.

The (Q) is 24/7/365 Broadway Express / Brighton Local? All the other routes either end at a certain time (day) or run local at different hours of the night..?

The (Q) is 24/7/365 Broadway Express / Brighton Local? All the other routes either end at a certain time (day) or run local at different hours of the night..?

* Forget that, the (L) runs its regular route all times. :)

Sorry, I don't see any difference with the R160A/B (Q) trains with the (E)(J)(L)(M)(N)(W) and (Z).

The question has already been answered. (Q) is the only train that doesn't pass through Queens.

The question has already been answered. (Q) is the only train that doesn't pass through Queens.

Oops, I thought the question was about the R160A/B announcements and fleet arrangements on the (Q). Sorry. :confused:

That could change... very soon...

That is only IF, the service cuts go into effect and that the Q goes to Astoria.

Here is MY question:

Of all the following lines that run R160s, which one different from the others?

(E)(J)(L)(M)(N)(Q)(W)(Z)

Clue: Something about one particular station.