Why can't passengers exit from the back door?

ditja

WHY? :deadhorse:

they like to use the front door even sit right next to the back door.

i think this is the main reason causing the delay better than anything else.

gosh, love when i have to do 'drop off only' and tell them "USE THE BACK DOOR TO EXIT PLEASE!"

If the driver forces the passengers to used the front doors for disembarking, that is because the driver wants to curb "freeloading", when the back door opens in certain areas, some daring individuals would jump in without paying a fare.

If the passenger chooses to, then it is probably because the point of interest they are going to (e.g.: subway station, school, store etc...) is closer via the front door than the back door. Sometimes, the bus stops are before an intersection, so the individual would get off via the front door to cross the street. Really, I would prefer rear door exiting.

If the passenger chooses to, then it is probably because the point of interest they are going to (e.g.: subway station, school, store etc...) is closer via the front door than the back door. Sometimes, the bus stops are before an intersection, so the individual would get off via the front door to cross the street. Really, I would prefer rear door exiting.

Yeah, that's what I do... although half the time, the back door is more convenient actually, and if it doesn't really matter I'll move back. I try to move back as much as I can.

To me, rear door on Orion CNG/Hybrid is too HEAVEY FOR ME, even when I press yellow tape.

Like one time on M60, she have to open front door only at Astoria Blvd/73rd St because of guardrail. Other bus driver goes past the guardrail, so s/he could open rear door also.

I am allegic to crowded buses, so I most likely to stand up by front door.

For some reason, I cannot sit down on Orion hybrid/CNG bus too well.

When I am on Long Island Bus N6, I don't like to go to rear of bus because that bus is MAD CROWDED, unless there is seat.

For some people, exiting by front door will be closer to their transfer bus like 5th Av/49th St, etc.

Use the back door so the passengers going in the front door can enter, well some complain that the back door won't open so they use the front door. I usually use the back door, no matter where I sit, but that would be a good idea to minimize delays if people leave via the back door. I don't see this as much of an issue anyway. ;)

Here is the thing. I have long and even hard days and I do not understand how people can expect me to put in more consideration than they have.

Let me tell you'll. I often run into these stupid STUPID High School teens and they are so sickening that I often hold back the urge to spit on them. I know they are just kids (and I am not much older than the likes of), but I get home from work and school very late. I Do not enjoy the asses that are those kids.

Now, I will say this. I did catch an NG Monday night on the B46. I was so so so happy that there were no lame ass high school students on that bus that night to in any way SPOIL what was a surprisingly pleasant experience.

The point is I have seen some really nasty passengers on a bus, especially the Orion V and Vii Series. Case is closed.

Let me tell you'll. I often run into these stupid STUPID High School teens and they are so sickening that I often hold back the urge to spit on them. I know they are just kids (and I am not much older than the likes of), but I get home from work and school very late. I Do not enjoy the asses that are those kids.

Now, I will say this. I did catch an NG Monday night on the B46. I was so so so happy that there were no lame ass high school students on that bus that night to in any way SPOIL what was a surprisingly pleasant experience.

The point is I have seen some really nasty passengers on a bus, especially the Orion V and Vii Series. Case is closed.

Not ALL high school students are that bad and there are multitudes of passengers that act dumb on the bus.

And what did they do that infuriates you?

Not ALL high school students are that bad and there are multitudes of passengers that act dumb on the bus.

And what did they do that infuriates you?

Not all of them. But a lot of them do act dumb. And adults are often no different from those stupid kids. The thing that I hate the most is the childish horseplay on the back of the bus. That is why I set my schedule just so I do not run into them at all.

NGs+High school Students=Disaster for the rest of us tax abiding citizens. Give me a break here. You know what I'm talking about.

Not all of them. But a lot of them do act dumb. And adults are often no different from those stupid kids. The thing that I hate the most is the childish horseplay on the back of the bus. That is why I set my schedule just so I do not run into them at all.

NGs+High school Students=Disaster for the rest of us tax abiding citizens. Give me a break here. You know what I'm talking about.

Yes, I understand your points. Some of them do crazy stuff on let's just say, ANY BUS.

Archived