Has the 1 train always had R62A cars?

B41

I would've loved to have seen some redbird on the (1) back in the day. No beef with the R62A's, but after 20 years, it needs some variety. Check out the R22 here at :29. This is on the (1) at Columbus Circle.

nice, but damn before 1995 eveywhere was bad, and weird. Lucky I was born in 1989 =D

Thanks. The Equalizer's a good show (borrowed it from the library last month), but that R22's one of my favorite parts. Mark, you missed the subway at its worst (before the mid-late 80s improvements), but after the summer of 1998 was a great time. The subway was getting cleaner, we had unlimited-ride Metrocards, and half the IRT was crawling with Redbirds.

I've only seen one Redbird on the (1) in the last 20+ years and it was an odd yet cool site. I remember when the (1) was nothing but I think R21 and R22 trains full of graffiti when I was a little kid. When the (1) got the R62A's in 1985, everyone in the neighborhood was excited. The R62A's have been great for the (1) and it would be weird to see them using anything else, though it would be fun to see them use R142/A's

Archived