Metrocard Vending Machines for SI?

mark1447

Is there any chance that the MTA would be adding Machines for customers, instead of going all the way to St. George [sIR station] for a metro.

I mean geez besides buying metros in a retailer, where else can a person do this, IF they are like home, wanna go to city, but no stored, just bus, and no SIR around... where can they get a metro, besides paying $2 in change

I remember a B/O last yr[summer '08] told me on the S79 that there was a metrocard vending machine at SI mall, which i went with mom, godmother and god brother, he lied and it was like 11PM and we had no money on us except via Debit card, even tho i was low on money, could only get a m card off a vending.. So we had to beg an S44 B/o to let us on, nice guy till we got to St george for ferry to manhattan.

Geez the MTA needs to add vending machines around SI. Any chance? BESIDES the SI Ferry term~Metrocard Vending Machines for SI?

There's 2 Vending Machines at the Eltingville Transit Center; Arthur Kill Rd and Richmond Av, 3 minutes south of the mall.

Buses that pass/Terminate there are All Yukon Buses:

S55/S56/S59/S74/S84-LTD/S79/S89/X1/X2/X3/X4/X5/X6/X7/X8/X9/X15/& the X17.

Zach

ya but what about the people who dont live near the mall or that area? Then what? :confused:

ya but what about the people who dont live near the mall or that area? Then what? :confused:

Then you go to the Deli up the corner, which displays a sign that states "MetroCard Sold Here", and walk up to the counter, and purchase a valid form of Currency that will transport you from point A to point B. :)

Well IMO, they should consider putting gates at all SIR stations, instead of St George, BallPark and soon, Tompkinsville. And have MVMs there.

Just my twopence.

or better, having the darn SI people pay a fare, its not fair that they get free rides instead of St. George and future Tompkinville, only becuz its one line in a small island, while we have to pay a fare

or better, having the darn SI people pay a fare, its not fair that they get free rides instead of St. George and future Tompkinville, only becuz its one line in a small island, while we have to pay a fare

Yeah I know, they should really pay the fare. Perhaps that money will go into improving their wretched intra-island network.

I agree with you and it's always been a problem of mines. Forget a MVM, it's VERY HARD just to find a Metrocard vendor at a store. Most of them always sell out the first two days of the week, and those that don't, don't like to give change.

The MTA needs to re-examine that as that's one of the main reasons why fare-beating on Staten Island is rampant on Staten Island. There's only MVMs at Eltingville and St George but nowhere else. They need some at the Staten Island Mall and maybe place them inside locations such as McDonalds, PathMark or other local stores.

And NO, the SIR will not be completely fare-zoned ever. They would spend millions on converting all the stations and never make their money back in 100 years, if even that.

I agree with you and it's always been a problem of mines. Forget a MVM, it's VERY HARD just to find a Metrocard vendor at a store. Most of them always sell out the first two days of the week, and those that don't, don't like to give change.

The MTA needs to re-examine that as that's one of the main reasons why fare-beating on Staten Island is rampant on Staten Island. There's only MVMs at Eltingville and St George but nowhere else. They need some at the Staten Island Mall and maybe place them inside locations such as McDonalds, PathMark or other local stores.

And NO, the SIR will not be completely fare-zoned ever. They would spend millions on converting all the stations and never make their money back in 100 years, if even that.

i guess the TA doesnt wanna add fare collectors on the entire island becuz hardly any1 uses the SIR, seeing people have cars. But idc as much, i still would like to see vending machines, add gates or something at a station like MNRR/LIRR

i guess the TA doesnt wanna add fare collectors on the entire island becuz hardly any1 uses the SIR, seeing people have cars. But idc as much, i still would like to see vending machines, add gates or something at a station like MNRR/LIRR

SIR is utilized a lot more than you think Mark... Its used plenty..

On Friday, I had to walk a mile to get a Metrocard at a deli. I think it stinks that Bus transfers do not allow people to transfer in the subway. You need Metrocard Gold. That's how the TA gets more money. They need to put Metrocard machines in supermarkets, banks or drug stores. There are lots of them around. It is a pain in the rear to go to the Ferry, Eltingville Transit Center or taking the s79 to Brooklyn just to buy a lousey Metrocard. Let's face it, we are all short on cash these days and a credit/debt card works better. Until we get the bill. Ha! Ha!

I agree with you R32 Anthony, it is awful trying to find a deli that actually sells MetroCards. If enough people complain, then they will look into the issue and I'm sure a response wouldn't take long either as SI has been getting some kind of royal treatment from the MTA lately.

***ALSO***

There's a hidden second transfer on some SI routes! I still haven't figured it out completely but from what I know so far, you can get a second transfer from either the S53 or S54 so far.

For example, you can ride the S44, S53 and S78 all on one fare. Or X10, S53, S48 on one fare. Or S46, S53 and R train. It's a nice proposition by the MTA.

Archived