Shiny*Clean* R142A's on the 6

2 Train Master

Today I did a mini railfan to my piano less place downtown in Manhattan so when I got on the 6 the train was odeee clean.Not just one it was about 16 consecutive sets of 10car=160 cars and finally one dirty one comes but the interior was also clean.Does anyone know what happened to them?

I've never seen a train washer in the yards before

Long Live the Pelham Line(6)<6>

I guess that is because of recent rain and stuff... Almost all the cars on my Street and all the trains in Jamaica Yard is cleann' shiny, :)!

Man you sound like there has been a long epic drought in the city. Dude... the R142As have been in Westchester Yard for 8 to 9 years, and in those years there has been countless rainstorms... so how come, all of a sudden, the train is clean? It rained last year... and the year before... how come this one in particular is so clean? How about the others?

Rain cannot clean the outside of a train or clean any train. You need soap and wash and few other things to make a train clean!

Correct, it takes detergent, brushes, high pressure rinses. Rain usually just makes the windows dirty.

- A

Then how come the road based cars are so clean after the recent rain?

Rain can clean cars, doesn't need high pressure systems...

Are you serious? What are they teaching you in science class? Have you seen how dirty whiteback buses are when it rains....its black in back. Back on topic rain CANNOT clean trains....end of subject!

Archived