1 of the rare N announcements

Qns Blvd Dom

Nice catch Dom, I miss the old days when the (N) went down to Whitehall or went via the tunnel. I was lucky to catch and R32, the RFW was amazing especially seeing the (M) tracks branch in by Broad Street.

Thanks Nick! :cool:

In a way I miss the old days of how the N used to be. Heck I even manage to get on 1 of the ultra rare 4900 Series R42 on the N once!:D

I believe that was G.O. with

Last stop for Some Coney Island-bound (N) train is Whitehall St. Transfer Canal St for Coney Island-bound (N).

Yes it was related to that G.O. and it was rather strange. I even had to spend at least 5 minutes trying to explain to 2 people who was insisting that the N was going to Brooklyn when the automated announcements, the FIND, and the interior display where showing/saying N to Whitehall St. It almost got a bit ugly as they where going to yell @ me as I was trying to explain what it was showing on the FIND.

Thank goodness the FIND was working as it did came in handy it proving on what I was saying!

You can still do it Nick! The Infamous R40M/R42 (R) :cool: :tup:

There's still a R32 loose on the R as well, just only 1 as of right now!

Nice catch, guess the (N) has something in it's service, :D!

Thanks! :) There was some weird G.O. going on that weekend.

Thanks Nick! :cool:

In a way I miss the old days of how the N used to be. Heck I even manage to get on 1 of the ultra rare 4900 Series R42 on the N once!:D

Yes it was related to that G.O. and it was rather strange. I even had to spend at least 5 minutes trying to explain to 2 people who was insisting that the N was going to Brooklyn when the automated announcements, the FIND, and the interior display where showing/saying N to Whitehall St. It almost got a bit ugly as they where going to yell @ me as I was trying to explain what it was showing on the FIND.

Thank goodness the FIND was working as it did came in handy it proving on what I was saying!

That's what I did also and after imitating it, I said, "This (N) train is acting like (R) train or making (R) stops to Whitehall St.

The (E) to 2nd Avenue GO is the worse offender. About 2-3 weeks ago, I had to keep on explaining to passengers why the (E) was terminating at 2nd Avenue. Passengers kept on asking me how to get to Chambers Street. I told them to stay on and get off at West 4th Street for the (A).

That's also what I did when (E) pull over at Broadway-Lafayette and 2nd Av and plus either downtown or uptown (A) local was running express on 8th Av which made very difficult.

When I was on (A), I would say, "Ladies & Gentlemen! Because of construction work, (E) trains are not going to Spring, Canal Sts and World Trade Center. For service to Spring, Canal Sts and World Trade Center-Chambers St, stay on this (A) local!"

Even with (D) G.O., it was chaos.

When I was on (N) via (R) to Whitehall St, I wonder if they're paying attention. Not at all. Even on (D) line, same story.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived