Why were A, C, and E trains being held today?

metsfan

My girlfriend and i were at spring st station, and trains seemed backed up BIGTIME, train stayed in station very long etc. We got on a (E) and it took ~15 minutes to go from spring st to chambers! This was about 4 pm or so maybe 5 pm, all i know is that the NTT was saying reduced speeds because of an incident.

Help me out here guys, i wanna know if i'm to be sad, or angry! :):cool:

- A

(C) train pulled out after 3 minute delay, NTT (E) train was RIGHT THERE in the tunnel waiting to come in behind it. Hopped on that one, was held in the tunnel so i could see the emergency exit between canal & chambers...

- A

And how was it the police fault?

Come on. How can one stop traffic in the middle of the Rush? It'll create a suffocation on the line. I wish the cops here are like the ones in Paris where they mind their own businesses and not hold up others.

I'd rather police do a proper investigation vs a criminal or such get away.

Anyways, thanks for the info, it seemed like some kinda weird problem, but of course the C/R didn't override the audio information system.

- A

Cops ruin everything!

Come on. How can one stop traffic in the middle of the Rush? It'll create a suffocation on the line. I wish the cops here are like the ones in Paris where they mind their own businesses and not hold up others.

Come on man, if the cops mind their business in NYC, we would hear more things other than jumpers. Forget 12/9s... if the cops are minding their business you will have suicide bombers roaming around the subway. Taking of the Pelham 123 would be real. Graffiti writers would tag up every space in the subway system. Subway property will be sabotaged. Train crew and passengers would be killed in broad daylight. You would rather live in the 70's than to see THAT.

I think you're exaggerating a bit much. No, you are exaggerating A LOT.

I can tell you from talking to many good cops that most cops don't give a damn these days. But that's another topic.

Trust that the small army which is the NYPD isn't holding back terrorists. There are some pretty obvious reasons why terrorists aren't running rampant in this country, but again.. .that's another topic.

You're post makes you sound very uninformed and ignorant. What you stated while possible in some totally uncivilized anarchy, just wouldn't happen in such an extreme way. Vandals aren't around like that anymore, nor is the goal to sabotage the subway.. .there are bigger things to be had. Same thing with Graf writers. Train hijacking is highly unlikely.

And what you said about the murders... just ridiculous. C'mon now... you have to realize the asininity of what you've wrote.

I don't agree with what R44 5278 wrote, AT ALL, I think what he wrote is just a dumb thing to say.

Don't take offense, cause from what I've seen from you in my time here is that you are a smart kid and a pretty decent poster. Just seemed like you hit "reply" without your brain being with you. :)

I think you're exaggerating a bit much. No, you are exaggerating A LOT.

I can tell you from talking to many good cops that most cops don't give a damn these days. But that's another topic.

Trust that the small army which is the NYPD isn't holding back terrorists. There are some pretty obvious reasons why terrorists aren't running rampant in this country, but again.. .that's another topic.

You're post makes you sound very uninformed and ignorant. What you stated while possible in some totally uncivilized anarchy, just wouldn't happen in such an extreme way. Vandals aren't around like that anymore, nor is the goal to sabotage the subway.. .there are bigger things to be had. Same thing with Graf writers. Train hijacking is highly unlikely.

And what you said about the murders... just ridiculous. C'mon now... you have to realize the asininity of what you've wrote.

I don't agree with what R44 5278 wrote, AT ALL, I think what he wrote is just a dumb thing to say.

Don't take offense, cause from what I've seen from you in my time here is that you are a smart kid and a pretty decent poster. Just seemed like you hit "reply" without your brain being with you. :)

Disclaimer: What I am offering is just a sensational opinion. The stuff I mentioned are in fact grossly exaggerated.

However, if you turn off any sense of authority in anywhere, there will be trouble surfacing one way or the other. I am not going to say what kind, but there will be trouble.

Sure, the men in blue don't do much in the subway when it comes to patrolling and monitoring the safety of the system and the millions that utilise it everyday. But if the cops are entirely absent from view, who knows what may lie out there?

Now about graffiti:

While we are not in the 70's anymore, look at the surfacing problems nowadays. It is apparent that there is a resurgence of graffiti recently and that fact is inescapable. While the proportions are not as significant as the 70's where almost every train got tagged, the system is in a way turning in that direction.

Archived