R running on the F line

Joe

earlier due to a police investigation at lex-59th, the R was running on the F line from 57th street to 36th street...would this indicate the R was running via the BMT 63rd Street Line (the unseen half of Lex-63rd)?

earlier due to a police investigation at lex-59th, the R was running on the F line from 57th street to 36th street...would this indicate the R was running via the BMT 63rd Street Line (the unseen half of Lex-63rd)?

Yes sir that is correct! There's a switch track that splits the 6th ave line with Broadway, so Broadway Line Trains can switch over to Lexington Ave-63rd Street Station.

It would use the tunnel under Central Park, yes, but it won't show up on the "wrong side" at 63rd...it will cross over to T2 before entering the station and then run the (F) route to 36th st in Queens

All revenue trains from the Broadway line, if rerouted to 63rd Street, must make cross over to the 6th Avenue 63rd Street tracks to join the F before Lexington Avenue/63rd Street. The Broadway half is closed off and will be used for SAS service. There is no track connection between these two pairs east of Lexington Avenue.

Hope this clears it up.

I remember seeing signs and hand out showing an orange (S) running that route. Could be wrong though, but it would make sense since it was a 6th Ave. route.

I recall it was yellow, I remember those timetables myself.

Orange S was used for the 6th Avenue Shuttle which ran from July 2001 to December 2001 when the V rendered it obsolete.

Archived