3/25-Railfanning- R160 F and More!!

Sea Beach

So I went to hunt down the 160 (F) and got right at the spot at 4 Ave! Only waited 1 min!

R160 (F) At 4th Ave

Picture0492.jpg

Picture0493.jpg

R160 (F) At W 8th St

Picture0496.jpg

Picture0498.jpg

Picture0499.jpg

Picture0495.jpg

Picture0494.jpg

R68 (Q) At Kings Hwy

Picture0500.jpg

R160 (N) At Ft Ham

Picture0491.jpg

R68 (;) At Kings Hwy

Picture0334.jpg

Picture0333.jpg

B82 At Kings Hwy (Q) (:) Station

Picture0501.jpg

B9 Bus On Bay Ridge Ave

Picture0490.jpg

R68 (B) At Kings Hwy

Picture0502.jpg

R160 (M) At Dekalb Ave

Picture0489.jpg

R160 (N) Train At C.I

Picture0503.jpg

Enjoy! B)

Nice shots, just stand back a little more when taking a close up of a train , and try not to fix the angle a but, unless you want it at that angle B)

and wow lots of people are having (F)un with the (F)oxy (F)ox with the R160~ =]!

Nice shots, just stand back a little more when taking a close up of a train , and try not to fix the angle a but, unless you want it at that angle B)

and wow lots of people are having (F)un with the (F)oxy (F)ox with the R160~ =]!

Thanks! ;)

I didnt realize I was to close to the train when taking some of these pics.

And what do you mean fix the angle a bit?

Thanks! B)

I didnt realize I was to close to the train when taking some of these pics.

And what do you mean fix the angle a bit?

Sry it was regarding the close ups, but keep it up, and your welcome

Nice. 3 out of 40 something trains are R160 and you only had to wait 1 minute. I'd say that's good timing.

Now, say you are at West 4th St. You are going to Queens. To Roosevelt Avenue. You are at the top level by the stairs. Say there's an R160 coming. How close does the train have to be to the station before you know if it is an (E) or (F) and if you have to dash down the stairs or not?? :confused:

Nice shots and catch. 1 min for a R160. Cool stu(F)(F).

Thanks! ;)

Sry it was regarding the close ups, but keep it up, and your welcome

ohh,lol. Thanks Again! :)

Great photographs, there buddy, the R160 (F) is really popular this week!

Thank You! B)

Yes,and its even gonna get more popular by the weekend,thats when more people are able to go railfanning.

Nice. 3 out of 40 something trains are R160 and you only had to wait 1 minute. I'd say that's good timing.

Now, say you are at West 4th St. You are going to Queens. To Roosevelt Avenue. You are at the top level by the stairs. Say there's an R160 coming. How close does the train have to be to the station before you know if it is an (E) or (F) and if you have to dash down the stairs or not?? :confused:

Thanks! :)

That was good luck! B)

ha,thats a good one,you got me there. :eek:

Cool pics!

I guess he means Jamaica's 160s.

bsmith: it would be a good idea to stand between the upper and lower level. I sometimes do that when I go to 145 Street.

Sometimes, but if it is a train on the upper level, you go by sound, and it may be a C. I'm usually at the top level, local track, and I look to see if the train is coming in at the top or bottom level. Might be a C, might be an E. On the bottom level, usually an F, could be a V. The 32s are tough to see, the train has to be close, the 42/46s are easiest to see by the color and by the size of their signs. I'm thinking, the red digital E and F are fairly close, but they are sharp, so it'll be somewhere in between.

That the only thing i could be talking about since jamaica is getting R160 and 2/4 lines out of Stillwell are alomst 100% R160.:tup:

The (N) is, I'm not sure about the (Q). Sometimes it seems like there are more R68s than R160s on the (Q).

Going forward, I'm not sure how much of the (F) will be R160. Some say 50%, some say most (F) trains. Haven't heard any plans to make the (F) 100 percent R160s. R46s may service the (F) for awhile. Or, MTA may decide the (F) will be 100% R160s at some point in the future.

Going forward, I'm not sure how much of the (F) will be R160. Some say 50%, some say most (F) trains. Haven't heard any plans to make the (F) 100 percent R160s. R46s may service the (F) for awhile. Or, MTA may decide the (F) will be 100% R160s at some point in the future.

Based on my estimates, after the first optional order is done. A third of the F's fleet will be composed of R160s.

Archived