Railfanning 4/15/09 part 1

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I took the group photo as there was no place to set the camera for a timed photo.

T/Os use the front door to enter the train from the yard, and I guess they're too lazy to close it before putting it in service. I'll post up my photos soon.

LOL, Some equipment will be put in service with less than perfect HVAC systems/thermostats, and can be unbearable to operate. Or possibly there was an unbearable stench in the car from some of our 'residents'.. Opening windows & the front door will cool/airate things out quite nicely.. Everything must be locked up once they're put in service..

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I took the group photo as there was no place to set the camera for a timed photo.

Didn't we try to set a timed capture, but it failed at the end?

nice photos

Thanks!

for a camera that was acting up...those came out awesome.

Yeah, the rubbing really paid off! LOL!

Putting aside the photos of the trains, those really are the best in terms of artistic composition. That is what it is all about. You never know what you take. If I were you, I would certainly enlarge and print them. Great work.

Thanks. I will consider that.

You guys came within stations of me, half of those station I was at. And that R32 caught up to me at Delancey. I rode it to 21st Street/Queensbridge before giving up finding a platform long enough to take a shot of it.

What a coincidence. Oh, and too bad about that last part, you were 2/3 stations away from finding one...

Yeah. That dumpster was the only place, and the only part that was non-slanting still failed miserably since we were against the light and the dumpster took a big amount of the photo:

DSCF4095.jpg

Thanks!

Yeah, the rubbing really paid off! LOL!

Yeah. That dumpster was the only place, and the only part that was non-slanting still failed miserably since we were against the light and the dumpster took a big amount of the photo:

Yeah, and after that I told everyone to stand by the wall because we were blocking the light in the first attempt.

Ya love rubbing cameras, don't you? :cool:;)

Archived