Amsterdam / Mother Clara Depo Question

mark1447

Just got a question, once Mother Clara Depo reopens (In 2010/2012 i think), does this mean it will remain a Bronx Division? Does this means that all former buses such as M1, M7(AMS) , M2, M60 (Manhattanville), Bx6/Bx33(West Farms), (The others i forgot..).. Will Return back to MC? Which could also cause the M18 to head back to MV or maybe MCH (Unless its elimnated via Doomsday crap)

I would doubt Bronx 33 would go back to them seeing its a bronx bus, although thats the closest depo for it..

For bx6, i think i use to been there i dunno..

Just got a question, once Mother Clara Depo reopens (In 2010/2012 i think), does this mean it will remain a Bronx Division? Does this means that all former buses such as M1, M7(AMS) , M2, M60 (Manhattanville), Bx6/Bx33(West Farms), (The others i forgot..).. Will Return back to MC? Which could also cause the M18 to head back to MV or maybe MCH (Unless its elimnated via Doomsday crap)

I would doubt Bronx 33 would go back to them seeing its a bronx bus, although thats the closest depo for it..

For bx6, i think i use to been there i dunno..

MCH had the M1, M2, M7, M18, Bx32 and Bx33 - they never had the M60 nor the Bx6.

MCH may receive the routes from 126th Street when they re-open because its supposed to close after MCH re-opens.

MCH had the M1, M2, M7, M18, Bx32 and Bx33 - they never had the M60 nor the Bx6.

MCH may receive the routes from 126th Street when they re-open because its supposed to close after MCH re-opens.

Yes they use to have the M60 back in 2002-2004, they ran under Orion Vs

And M18 was MV I belivie...

So once MH close, AMS closes, so does 126 and then it reopens a few yrs later?

If MCH reopens and 126st closes, they may use ams for some of the 126st routes.

Yeah, seeing that MCH is to far for the East side buses. Will AMS support D60HF? Seeing that on 129th street or 128th repair shops doesnt fit artics...

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Danger hiptop 4.6; U; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050920)

Correction at 1 point the M60 did operate out of MCH!

Yeah, seeing that MCH is to far for the East side buses. Will AMS support D60HF? Seeing that on 129th street or 128th repair shops doesnt fit artics...

Amsterdam can not support articulated because the lift can not fit the articulates.

Mother Clara Hale will be handle articulated and hybrids when its going to be open.

Amsterdam can not support articulated because the lift can not fit the articulates.

Mother Clara Hale will be handle articulated and hybrids when its going to be open.

The routes that handle the artics from 126th, which namely is the M15, will probably be split between 100th Street and Quill - I highly doubt that MCH will have the capacity for artics, as in relative size, is about 1/3 of the size (in land and facilities) of 126th. As for their other routes, such as the M31, M35, M66, M72 and M116 - I would expect the M31 to go to Quill - it's 57th Street corridor partner, the M57 has been based out of MJQ for quite some time now, and the DH over to 54th is well within the depot's immediate area - for the rush, they could very well do splits with the M86 or have buses from MCH come in, just as they do with the M30. The M66 and the M72 are a toss-up, they could also go to MJQ, but MCH can take them as well - even though they are quite a bit away from the facility, and traditionally most of the routes based in facilities in Upper Manhattan operate in Upper Manhattan or have a terminal north of 96th, which would mean that the M35 and the M116, two routes that frequent the use of both Artics and Novas, could end up at 100th, MHV or MCH.

As for the M15 though, 100th and MJQ are the only two facilities that can accommodate that kind of service profile and store the artics.

The routes that handle the artics from 126th, which namely is the M15, will probably be split between 100th Street and Quill - I highly doubt that MCH will have the capacity for artics, as in relative size, is about 1/3 of the size (in land and facilities) of 126th. As for their other routes, such as the M31, M35, M66, M72 and M116 - I would expect the M31 to go to Quill - it's 57th Street corridor partner, the M57 has been based out of MJQ for quite some time now, and the DH over to 54th is well within the depot's immediate area - for the rush, they could very well do splits with the M86 or have buses from MCH come in, just as they do with the M30. The M66 and the M72 are a toss-up, they could also go to MJQ, but MCH can take them as well - even though they are quite a bit away from the facility, and traditionally most of the routes based in facilities in Upper Manhattan operate in Upper Manhattan or have a terminal north of 96th, which would mean that the M35 and the M116, two routes that frequent the use of both Artics and Novas, could end up at 100th, MHV or MCH.

As for the M15 though, 100th and MJQ are the only two facilities that can accommodate that kind of service profile and store the artics.

I would think that the 31 72 and 66 would just be sent to MJQ because there has been rumors for the longest that those 3 routes would be sent there. the 116 and the 35 i think should just go to Manhattanville because the 35 u dont really need artics and artics on the 116 are really used on school trips. But the 15 should be split between 100st and MJQ though.

I would think that the 31 72 and 66 would just be sent to MJQ because there has been rumors for the longest that those 3 routes would be sent there. the 116 and the 35 i think should just go to Manhattanville because the 35 u dont really need artics and artics on the 116 are really used on school trips. But the 15 should be split between 100st and MJQ though.

The artics on the 35 are off of splits from the 15, they do not need them though as you said; as for them going to Manhattanville, that will make sense if the 2 goes back to MCH, otherwise, where will the extra capacity come from?

So is there any plans for rebuilding AMS?

i would not give M31 route to Micheal j. Quill depot.

i wuold give M31 route to 100 street depot.

M31 route is closer 100 street depot?

Actually, distance wise from terminal to depot, MJQ and 100th Street have the same relative distance to its southern and northern terminals respectively. The issue with the 31 being completely based out of 100th is that the 31 does NOT warrant Artics (100th Street is an artics-only depot) during the discretionary or on weekends - it would make sense for a few runs to split with the M86 during the rush hours, and also in terms of scheduling, it can relay to an M79 run as a split within their route profile as well - it makes more sense for it to come out of MJQ if for no other reason, it fits MJQ's route profile better.

once when 126 street depot get rebuilding or get into

rehbailitation.

126 street depot get re-open in (? 2015 - )

there is no point shutting down MCH or AMS

when 126 street depot depot get re-open

or get rebuildied.

the next depot that might be effect

is in the bronx that depot could be:

Gun Hill depot or kingsbridge depot?

Gun Hill depot or kingsbridge depot

need to get some rehabilitation done

or get rebuilded.

West Farms depot and amsterdam depot

are consider has new depot that has been re-open.

how will this effect on Ams depot.

when it control MCH route for now.

when MCH re-open.

AMS depot might control?

M104?

M60?

M98?

M11?

bx33

Amsterdam as a full service depot in the Bronx Division was closed back in '05-'06 - it will not be rebuilt, it is one of the oldest depots in the system, if not the oldest, and is too small and fragile to take on the routes that need to be based uptown - it was only kept because the MTA owns the land, and they knew that they were going to rebuild MCH and needed a temporary storage and maintenance facility to hold over until MCH was renovated. As for the routes, the M104 has long moved from AMS to MHV and will stay there, along with the M60. The M11 has its division point and off-hours terminal at MHV so they are not moving - the M98 is a toss up in the split, with MJQ - could go back to MHV or could transfer over to MCH, and maybe if they were smart, KB. The Bx33 should either go back to MCH or stay at WF.

once when 126 street depot get rebuilding or get into

rehbailitation.

126 street depot get re-open in (? 2015 - )

there is no point shutting down MCH or AMS

when 126 street depot depot get re-open

or get rebuildied.

the next depot that might be effect

is in the bronx that depot could be:

Gun Hill depot or kingsbridge depot?

Gun Hill depot or kingsbridge depot

need to get some rehabilitation done

or get rebuilded.

West Farms depot and amsterdam depot

are consider has new depot that has been re-open.

i highly doubt the Kingsbridge or Gun Hill would need to Close down for Rehab. Bout of those Depots was made in the Late 80's Early 90s. so i doubt it would need major work!

Amsterdam as a full service depot in the Bronx Division was closed back in '05-'06 - it will not be rebuilt, it is one of the oldest depots in the system, if not the oldest, and is too small and fragile to take on the routes that need to be based uptown - it was only kept because the MTA owns the land, and they knew that they were going to rebuild MCH and needed a temporary storage and maintenance facility to hold over until MCH was renovated. As for the routes, the M104 has long moved from AMS to MHV and will stay there, along with the M60. The M11 has its division point and off-hours terminal at MHV so they are not moving - the M98 is a toss up in the split, with MJQ - could go back to MHV or could transfer over to MCH, and maybe if they were smart, KB. The Bx33 should either go back to MCH or stay at WF.

And the Bx32 would do the same as Bx33?

• 2 weeks later...

Bx33 would have to go back toi Mother Clara Hale depot.

Bx33 is closer to MCH depot.

what is the point that BX6 route should go to MCH.

Bx6 is kind of closer to West Farms depot.?

Bx32 would have to go back to Mother Clara Hale depot.

The Most important depot that might need rehab is Gun Hill depot.

why isnt (MTA) not thinking about rehabbing the Manhattanville depot

. manhattanville depot was built 1950's?

Manhattanville depot should be the next depot to be rehabb .

right after 126 street depot get rebuilded and rehab.

It doesnt need rehab, it looks new from the looks of it, might of been rehabbed in the 90s.

Now tell me if it does need rehab:

manhattanvillebusdepotj.jpg

Doesn't look like to me. Other depots like 126st rly need rehab. So this depot doesnt need rehab no time soon!

Manhattanville depot dont need rehab, ( my fault!)

which depot will be the next to get rehab right after 126 street

get rehab and rebuilded? If kingsbridge get rebuilded or rehabbed?

126 street depot will replace some kingsbridge depot route:

Kingsbridge depot should change it name to Marble Hill depot

when it get rehabbed or rebuilded? ( LOL?)

that :

Bx1

Bx2

If Gun Hill depot get next to be rahabbed and rebuilded right

afetr 126 street depot.

Kingsbridge will control:

Bx12)?

Bx40 , Bx42 ( West Farms depot or 126 street depot)

Bx4 , Bx5 ( West Farms depot or Eastchester depot

Bx29 ( West farms depot or Eastchester depot?)

i am taking a guess!

Archived