Going down memory lane

MISCwk103

:)it's amazing how.. many folks.. DON'T recall a (K) ever in existence...i find it amusing when folks want to argue me down.. and i'm speaking of TRANSIT WORKERS...:eek: wish ran along the (JAMAICA)..BROADWAY line.. to EAST NEW YORK..lets not forget all those.. DOUBLE LETTERS....i'll never forget.. i was working TOKEN BOOTH at FRANKLIN AVENUE (fulton street, brooklyn).. and a guy comes down to buy a token... (not unusual to be asked what is the cost)... but.. WHAT was unusual about this guy.. he asks... ""WHEN IS THE NEXT 'cc' COMING"? LORDY.. i didnt mean to LOL in the customer's face.. but i said.. 'YOU MUST HAVE BEEN AWAY FOR QUITE SOME TIME..huh?".. he had to LAUGH himself.. and said. he just got outta jail... (still LOL when i think of that conversation)....in 1985 the use of DOUBLE LETTERS to indicate LOCAL service was discontinued..

I am about a year or two too young for the (K) train, but if you know where to look you can still see signs for it. There used to be signs for the (K) at some local stations along CPW and on my punch boxes along 8th Ave, there are still buttons for the (K).

Wasn't the (K) or double(K) the 6th Ave Local to 57th-6th Ave? Well now you have the (V) local so is it really needed? How many Broadway-Brooklyn riders transfer at Essex-Delancey for 6th Ave service? That's how the (MTA) allocates service.

Wasn't the (K) or double(K) the 6th Ave Local to 57th-6th Ave? Well now you have the (V) local so is it really needed? How many Broadway-Brooklyn riders transfer at Essex-Delancey for 6th Ave service? That's how the (MTA) allocates service.

the (K) train ran on the (J)(M)(Z) line from Broadway Junction across the Bridge where it turned onto the (D) line and served SOHO, Greenich Village, and 6th ave to Central Park.Reflecting their new policy of only using single letters, the (A)(A) became the (K) and ran between 168th Street and the World Trade Center.In 1988, the (K) train was discontinued

Archived