Super Express

I guess 207th, 125th, 59th, 42nd, Chambers, Jay, B'Way, Euclid, and then to Rock Park. That what I would do, but I don't think it would ever or should ever happen. The (A) is fine just the way it is and should not be changed.

I'd like to see (A) trains operate express between Grant Avenue and Broad Channel, then to Rockaway Park. It's part of my fantasy reform of the entire system...I'll post them here one day.

Yeh irg the whole system could use a skake up switch it up real good

make the (G)an express train to 179st or make the (E)train terminate at smith 9 st or put the (B)back on the atoria line these ideas would be interesting?????(K)<R> make a crazy super express using the <R> run it down from bay ridge to 179 st stops would be bay ridge first stop then 59 st/ dekalb ave /over the manhattan bridge canal st 57- 59st queens plaza/

roosevelt ave last stop 179st Well it was just an idea.(K)<R>(3)(Q)(9)(9)

I was wondering do you remember the (G)going express in Brooklyn I think it was in the late 80's but (G)ran on those tracks you see under Carroll st.If you have some info on this or anybody I would appreciate it thanks.(K)<R>

The (G) can't get to that those tracks unless it's going to the city. The lower level goes to Jay while the upper level goes to Hoyt coming from Bergen.

The (G) can't get to that those tracks unless it's going to the city. The lower level goes to Jay while the upper level goes to Hoyt coming from Bergen.

Correct. Upper level tracks split off to the (G) and (F) , lower level does not connect to the (G) tracks.

Queens Super Express, via new and existing structure.

Fulton Terminal - 42nd St-5th Ave - 63rd-Lex (Q+F transfer), Roosevelt Ave, Union TPKE, 165th St Bus Terminal, Springfield Blvd-Merrick Blvd, Green Acres Mall.

I just threw this together now, I have thought up and drawn out mroe well planned lines to southern Queens.

Queens Super Express, via new and existing structure.

Fulton Terminal - 42nd St-5th Ave - 63rd-Lex (Q+F transfer), Roosevelt Ave, Union TPKE, 165th St Bus Terminal, Springfield Blvd-Merrick Blvd, Green Acres Mall.

I just threw this together now, I have thought up and drawn out mroe well planned lines to southern Queens.

Having a train go all the way out to Green Acres mall would be insane. I could be a 20 minute walk from a subway station! On what existing structure though, the LIRR ROW? It's only two tracks, aside from the Atlantic branch that runs up to St. Albans.

Having a train go all the way out to Green Acres mall would be insane. I could be a 20 minute walk from a subway station! On what existing structure though, the LIRR ROW? It's only two tracks, aside from the Atlantic branch that runs up to St. Albans.

I would be ecstatic if the subway was extended to Green Acres. I live right down the block more or less (I assume you live in valley too?)

I would be ecstatic if the subway was extended to Green Acres. I live right down the block more or less (I assume you live in valley too?)

Yup, I live right near Gibson station. For some reason, a subway line out this far seems outlandish, but in reality it might get more traffic than the (A) in the Rockaways.

I remember the JFK Express which required paying an extra fare. There used to be Subway Specials, also for an extra fare that would take you to places like Yankee Stadium. Then there was the regular fare Worlds Fair super express (1964-1965 version), that I believe only stopped at Queensboro Plaza station in Queens enroute from Manhattan to the fair Willets Point Blvd. station.

The existing structures used would be the 63rd st tunnel and part of the LIRR Locust Manor/old rockaway loop line. New bellmouths would be built to run down 5th ave, merging with the F may not be a good idea, but the super express wouldn't run as frequently as the F does. I would schedule 4 trains per hour/every 15 minutes.

On the Queens, side bellmouths already exist after 21st St-Queensbridge for what was planned to be either super express service along the LIRR mainline or to run under the existing express tracks of the Queens BLVD line (there is an existing lower level n some spots).

Everything else would be new construction. The southern branch of the LIRR old Rockaway "loop" was intended to be used for the Archer Avenue upper level extension ( (E) ). If it had been built the E train probably would have ran to Rosedale or maybe even Valley Stream. The Rockaway branch would be rerouted to use the northern, St Albans, route if the subway were to be extended to valley Stream.

Ideally though, a new station right on the Sunrise between S Terrace Place and Green Acres Road with an overpass leading directly to the mall would be the best idea. It would be safer for passengers crossing the Sunrise, and it would be a lot less track rerouting to be done as apposed to what would need to be done at Valley Stream.

So here's my proposed ROW after Union Turnpike Lower Level.

-2 tracks Continue down Queens Blvd to Hillside Avenue and turn northeasterly

-2 tracks on Hillside to 166th St/Merrick Blvd, running beneath existing line

-Turning southeast, 4 tracks under the 165th St Bus Terminal(the center tracks dipping down beneath the island platform to connect with the extended lower level Archer Avenue (J)(Z)

-3 tracks (center layup) along Merrick Blvd from about Jamaica Ave to Liberty Ave.

-2 tracks down Merrick Blvd til Baisley Blvd where it would turn southeast under private property/174th place to a portal and rising up and connecting with the the extended (remember, we're thinking the future here... :( ) (E) just before Locust Manor on the "old" LIRR line.

-The line would share tracks/stops with the (E) until the Green Acres Mall Terminal where it would have it's own platform.

A really radical idea yea, but it's totally possible. And if Queens pop. keeps growing, we are gonna need it. Shit, we needed it about 30 years ago.

IMO, super expresses are kind of dumb (serve too few stops, even if they are the major ones) and not very worth it for the price of making a new ROW. That being said, the way these fantasy lines are being structured is not badly planned at all. IMO, I would just extend the (E) down Merrick into Nassau to Green Acres Mall, and cut the Q5. If country lines are a political barrier, end at Brookville Blvd.

Archived