Decade: 2000-2009

MTARegional Bus

!WOW it seems like 10 years just went by so fast right!!?.I can't believe most people thought that Y2K was going to happen and why Bush won or bloomberg wining for a 3 term,but lets not get into that lol,of course there have been a lot of changes this decade,for one in 2000 if I had to make a call outside I had to use a telephone booth,now I have a cell phone that pretty much does everything.Now there is a lot to cover so give us your opinion about the last 9 years,good or bad.what your favorite news,games,music,show,cartoon,moives and moments of the last 9 years and what are your hopes for the future.

My Opinion

Personally I think that realty shows killed TV, specialty MTV and all of the channels that tried to copy it,I rarely watch tv now a days but thanks to the power of Youtube and all these other steaming video sites there is no problem finding entertainment.In gaming the ps2 is still going strong but sadly the Dreamcast didn't and got sega to leave the console market for good.

In transit

It was the last ride for the Redbirds in 2003 and in 2004 (MTA) Bus Company formed to take over the 8 privately operated bus company's

(listed below)making them the last privately operated transit company's in the city.

seriously what (MTA) doesn't own?

Liberty Lines Express

Queens Surface Corporation

New York Bus Service

Command Bus Company

Jamaica Buses

Triboro Coach Corporation

Green line

My Opinion

I wish that the they keep them privately,they had some many types of buses from the GMC RTS to the MCI classic it was great but they were aging fast some of fleet were made back in 1980s and bus company's witch I won't name didn't take care of them but some did.but I can understand since the DOT didn't fund them properly.

And of course the the(MTA)' budget problem I hope the state and (MTA) can get there act together in the next decade if not the transit system well go back to the 70s and let not forget.

!!Ten years later!!2019!!

!!They haven't finish the sec ave Subway?!! :mad:

!WOW it seems like 10 years just went by so fast right!!?.I can't believe most people thought that Y2K was going to happen and why Bush won or bloomberg wining for a 3 term,but lets not get into that lol,of course there have been a lot of changes this decade,for one in 2000 if I had to make a call outside I had to use a telephone booth,now I have a cell phone that pretty much does everything.Now there is a lot to cover so give us your opinion about the last 9 years,good or bad.what your favorite news,games,music,show,cartoon,moives and moments of the last 9 years and what are your hopes for the future.

My Opinion

Personally I think that realty shows killed TV, specialty MTV and all of the channels that tried to copy it,I rarely watch tv now a days but thanks to the power of Youtube and all these other steaming video sites there is no problem finding entertainment.In gaming the ps2 is still going strong but sadly the Dreamcast didn't and got sega to leave the console market for good

In transit

It was the last ride for the Redbirds in 2003 and in 2004 (MTA) Bus Company formed to take over the 8 privately operated bus company's (listed below)

making them the last privately operated transit company's in the city.

seriously what (MTA) doesn't own?

Liberty Lines Express

Queens Surface Corporation

New York Bus Service

Command Bus Company

Jamaica Buses

Triboro Coach Corporation

My Opinion

I wish that the they keep them privately,they had some many types of buses from the GMC RTS to the MCI classic it was great but they were aging fast some of fleet were made back in 1980s and bus company's witch I won't name didn't take care of them but some did.but I can understand since the DOT didn't fund them properly.

And of course the the(MTA)' budget problem I hope the state and (MTA) can get there act together in the next decade if not the transit system well go back to the 70s and let not forget.

Ten years later!!2019!!

!!They haven't finish the sec ave Subway?!! :mad:

at this moment a decade ago on new years eve nite 1999/2000, i was at Universal Studios in Orlando Fla. with some cousins.

wow has time changed.

1)NYC area Transit-While i agree with the (MTA) takeover of the former NYC private buses, i think the express buses shouldhave imo been 'bid' to private companies like NJ Transit does with Coach USA, Lakeland, Acemedy and other private companies in certain parts of the state.

2)TV- i agree with MTA regional Bus that television has now gone the tubes. Also the tv news front we had jennings, rather and brokaw in middle of longest run of tv news anchors holding the lead chair that will never be broken.

3)Sports-The era of the mega scandal particuarly steriods/ped's for nost of the decade hitting baseball, cycling, track & field and to some degree the NFL very hard. Led of course by Barry Bonds screwing imo one of the most pretigious recrods in sports the all time home run record. Not to mention Mr Clemens also maybe 'cheating' to get as much as another 75 wins to his lifetime record.:tdown:

Also we had the Tiger Woods sex scandal at the end:o. enough said from me for now if anyone else wants to discuss it cool.

Not to mention the horror of 9/11, Katrina, the war in Iraq and entire middle east making this an unpleasent decade in the news.

Hopefully this new 10 year span will bring the USA and the world more happiness.:confused:

On brighter note, here the will smith hit that popular 10 years ago this evening on 12/31/09.

On a good note, the Yankees had an excellent decade. Two World Series titles and four appearances; four American League pennants and five ALCS appearances; nine postseason appearances with 2008's third place finish (still 89-73) being the only non appearance. Andy returned home, rejoining the core four - The Captain, Jorge, Super Mo - and Andy and Joe Girardi succeeded Joe Torre as manager. New Yankee Stadium opened in 2009, assuring the Yankees would stay in The Bronx.

The Manny B. reopened in 2004 and the (Q) returned to Broadway express and Brighton local becoming a 24/7 train. The (:P became the Brighton express and the (D) began serving the West End giving that line 24/7 service to Manhattan for the first time in many years.

Pokemon was my obsession at that time since November 2002 when CN aired it, and I watched all of Kanto and 2/3rd of the OI episodes considering that Kids WB wasn't airing nostalgia episodes anymore and aired Master Quest and Johto League Champions instead, despite the fact that it was critically panned by many pissed fans. I taped all of them during mid-Kanto airings and later reruns and thought it was really action packed. I saw it everyday and never stopped watching the episodes. That's when I saw Pokemon on Kids WB as well and sometimes they would air old episodes if they wanted to promote something. November 2003 was when CN aired the first three movies and I believed that it was truly awesome (and it was time compressed at that time, minus the second film. No wonder it ended too quickly and the image frame was a little faster than usual!)

Of course, CN ended Pokemon's run on mid-April 2004 and I was really angered by that... until the rest of the OI and Johto Journeys aired as new to the network episodes on June 14, 2004. Johto had great episodes, but I only saw most of them once, taped some and deleted what I had later on because CN once more ended Pokemon for good. Hoping that the episodes would be seen many times on the network, I wondered why it was aired twice only. Was it because of the criticism aimed towards the Johto saga? I never knew why.

So I retained some Johto eps, I only kept episode 156 "The Psychic Sidekicks" as it was my favorite episode, though filler. The rest were purged away, but it was a stupid thing to do. I had DVDs of some episodes though, but they're not used at this time since 2007.

CN promoted Master Quest during summer 2005. Collected most of them and deleted them. The major flaw was that they completely (and deliberately) skipped JLC and didn't finish the rest of Master Quest and Advanced. I didn't care anymore because they poorly promoted the rest of the 4Kids dub after Johto Journeys. I only retained 4 out of 52 since the other half was aired in a different time slot and was unable to keep up. They were later erased though.

Kids WB, on the other hand, aired the new season known as Advanced. TBH, Advanced had real potential, and the episodes were really good. One dub background music was really atrocious and sounded too kiddy like and was used many times in most episodes and it annoyed the hell out of me. (Its heard on the Jirachi DVD main menu) Onwards Advanced Challenge, the dub got worse, mainly because I was still pissed off when CN didn't air Pokemon anymore. Not to mention that most episodes focused on an annoying pocket monster named Skitty. It did random things, a horrible clone of Psyduck’s stupid yet cute personality. Then I questioned myself "why is the episodes that idiotic than the previous installments?" Well, to answer that question, the VA's ruined the main characters' personalities. Advanced Battle was stupid. The theme song was terrible and is really overrated. The voices grew terrible and somehow saw all of the Hoenn dub despite the fact that I hated it so badly. CN aired Challenge and gave it another shot and still hated it since it was not the same as the nostalgic series. I was glad that the former VAs didn’t make it to the new Battle Frontier dub.

So Kids WB gave up on Pokemon. Shows how much an ad-supported network did a stupid job airing a universally known series on their network. CN bought rights to Pokemon. I saw Battle Frontier and then stopped somehow in the beginning since they aired Advanced Battle. Gave it another chance, hated it. At that time, my desire to be a Pokemon fan declined really badly. I didn’t finish watching BF since the new series DP aired.

The first 3 DP episodes were edited into a movie. (I still have it) and the episodes aired. I taped all of them until I slowly deleted them away around 2008. Then Battle Dimension aired and I saw something that shocked my eyes. Repetitive plot. I stopped watching the current DP saga altogether in August 2008. Never in my life have I ever felt so much hatred towards the Pokemon series 4 years later. I’m really amazed on how much DP duplicated Johto and many fans universally prefer DP since it “improved so much”. I for one hate the DP saga more than the Hoenn dub, and I still hate it today.

Do I even watch the episodes on Cartoon Network HD? No. Did I even finish watching a few eps of DP? No. Did I watch the rest of BD episodes? No. Do I watch Galactic Battles? Hell no! But the movies are good though, I need to see the 12th film…

I don’t even know if I consider myself as a fan today, but the good thing is, I’ve collected all of the movies with the exception of the 3rd and 6th which I’ll buy as new condition for DVD eventually. I have the OI boxset and volume 1 of Master Quest. If I only bought everything last year then it would’ve been a complete set. I’m missing volume 2 of Master Quest, all of Kanto episodes in separate boxsets, and still waiting for SOMEONE to re-release Johto in boxsets. But because of the criticism, its not likely to happen.

In place of Pokemon, I started watching movies on Encore and Starz! Since April 2009 and regret not getting the channels since the start because I obviously missed out a lot. But I’m grateful for watching the Pokemon series though because the beginning was awesome, Hoenn needs a redub and DP should be burned. I’m still collecting movies though but I only have 3 movies on DVD. But it’ll increase this year (hopefully).

As for general life, school grades were downright mediocre, nothing great to talk about. But I graduated elementary and Middle school. I only got good grades since last year, but the chain was broken this month since I failed one class. Surprising.

Games, what can I say? I have 11 N64 games and a few Mario and Pokemon games for GBA and DS. Computer: Windows 2000 was my first one since June 2004. It was wrecked somehow because of its decrepit condition so I used another copy of W 2000 the school gave me for free. It was damaged two years ago due to malware so my dad bought XP which I still use today. Big personal space and 232 GB ftw. I collected some of my favorite Pokemon eps but deleted them this year due to my computer problem. I searched around websites focusing on Pokemon, Cardcaptors (will not talk about it since it was universally panned by A LOT of CCS fans), Mario games, MTA, and other stuff I can’t remember.

The only grateful thing about this decade is that I have everything I need (DVR, DVD, computer, variety of games, though I can expand my collection), pay-tv experience, Pokemon eps/movies, etc. I’m lucky that my family is still alive and that we overcame the recession this year, but how long will it last? Its either ax the computer and DVR or live with nothing. Hopefully 2010 will turn out better.

~<6>

Before they got worse in mid-Hoenn? James sounded like a goofy kid, Ash sounded constipated, Brock'svoice was ick, especially when it comes to flirting with girls, Meowth didn't sound like the old Meowth I knew.

But as I said before, DP is more worse than 4Kids' Hoenn dub. The repetitive linear plots in Sinnoh made the Pokemon series look stupid.

Back in 2000...

I never heard of the (V) train. The (F) was once a reliable line that took me to where I wanted to go.

I could see the World Trade Center from JFK airport. I used to hang out at the underground mall at the WTC.

NBC used to be funny. They had the Thursday night comedy lineup.

There was no such thing as reality TV or Paris Hilton. Ah, the good ole days

There used to be cartoons on weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings. I remember the Superman/Batman one hour block.

If you mentioned Al Queda people would think you're referring to a curry dish

Twitter, text message, and Ipod sounded like something from Mars

There was no such thing as the Swine Flu. The only lethal disease was HIV.

Back in 2000...

There was no such thing as reality TV or Paris Hilton. Ah, the good ole days

There used to be cartoons on weekday afternoons and Saturday mornings. I remember the Superman/Batman one hour block.

If you mentioned Al Queda people would think you're referring to a curry

Twitter, text message, and Ipod sounded like something from Mars

So true Fox Kids and Kidswb blocks is still fresh in my mind.

!!and who is Paris Hilton?!!

and !!hmmm!Al Queda sound like a good dish!!and Who the hell is Osama whatever his name is I can't say it!! B)

!!and what an Ipod? !!I like my portable CD player thank you very much!!B)

God I miss pre 9/11 :)

So true Fox Kids and Kidswb blocks is still fresh in my mind.

!!and who is Paris Hilton?!!

and !!hmmm!Al Queda sound like a good dish!!and Who the hell is Osama whatever his name is I can't say it!! B)

!!and what an Ipod? !!I like my portable CD player thank you very much!!B)

God I miss pre 9/11 :)

LOL the good ole portable CD player.And the pocket full of spare batteries that come along with it.

1.Yankess losing to the B-back after the Sept 11 in 2001

2.Janet Jackson Super Bowl haft time inccdent.

3.Jimmie Johnson winning 4 Championship in a row in NASCAR

4.Dale Earnhardt shocking death during the last lap of the Daytona 500 in 2001

5.Eddie Guerrero pass always in 2005

6.Chris Benoit double murder and suicide

7.Pacers–Pistons brawl where some fans got into it with Ron Artest.

8.WCW/ECW shutdown with Vince buying both company.

9.myspace,youtube and facebook became a big hit on the internet.

10.Yankess stadium close it doors for good.

Two sporting events both involving NY area sports teams that got extensive international media attention has not been mentioned here which is a surprise. The other was last Jan's 'miracle on the hudson.'

The first i am surprised that the Giants mega upset over the 'team of the decade' aka the Pats in which won a recent NY Daily News poll of a few weeks by readers as 'best ny area sports moment' of the decade even beating out the Yankees and the now histroic 2001 world series vs the D-backs on this board.

Second is the Yanks collapse in 2004 vs the Red Sox in that year's ALCS, Giving Boston their first world series since 1918.

And third the miracle on the hudson incident in which everyone survived a major plane crash.

:confused:

Archived