Conductor 8094 Hiring Process

Y2Julio

• Replies 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all of you who passed school car. I'm next on the list for newly appointed conductors God willing they will call in a month or so. How are the tours ?

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Hey BxJay120 I did the same thing a few weeks ago so you are ahead of me on the list then my number was Is in the 790s so when I reinstated. You are right there so we might be the next crew

Hi I'm new to the forum. I reinstated myself to the list last month but when I called DCAS it doesn't say that I am on outstanding certification yet. I was number 227* so i was called a long time ago but missed it because I never changed my address with them. When I called the automated system for dcas it says that I am not on outstanding certification and to my understanding that means that my info hasn't been sent to 180 livingston yet . My question is if and when that happens am I ahead the 7000 people already certified ? It says 14480 eligibles and out of those 14440 or so are certified and the last appointed are in the 7000s . So when my info gets sent over am I before all of those who are already certified ? If so then I have a fighting chance !! But if not then I won't be called before feb of 2018. I just came from 180 livingston yesterday for preemployement for station agent and I reinstated at the same time for that position . I mean my foot is somewhat in the door but I really wanted C/R over S/A and don't want to get all into the job only to abaondon it if C/R calls . I have been looking for the forum for the station agent exam 8011 that talks about classes . I went through this one and you guys have been real good to mention when you're getting in . I'm curious to know what I'm looking at for S/A and really know if waiting on C/R is worth it !

Does anyone know when the next batch of C/ Rs should be appointed ? From 8094. ? I went to DCAS said they are up to 7226. I just reinstated yesterday on the list. I'm in the upper 700s

You should be in the next batch of calls. I reinstated last month myself. I'm in the 790 s.

Hi I'm new to the forum. I reinstated myself to the list last month but when I called DCAS it doesn't say that I am on outstanding certification yet. I was number 227* so i was called a long time ago but missed it because I never changed my address with them. When I called the automated system for dcas it says that I am not on outstanding certification and to my understanding that means that my info hasn't been sent to 180 livingston yet . My question is if and when that happens am I ahead the 7000 people already certified ? It says 14480 eligibles and out of those 14440 or so are certified and the last appointed are in the 7000s . So when my info gets sent over am I before all of those who are already certified ? If so then I have a fighting chance !! But if not then I won't be called before feb of 2018. I just came from 180 livingston yesterday for preemployement for station agent and I reinstated at the same time for that position . I mean my foot is somewhat in the door but I really wanted C/R over S/A and don't want to get all into the job only to abaondon it if C/R calls . I have been looking for the forum for the station agent exam 8011 that talks about classes . I went through this one and you guys have been real good to mention when you're getting in . I'm curious to know what I'm looking at for S/A and really know if waiting on C/R is worth it !

You should be in the next batch to be called when they do the next pre-employment at the MTA Human Resources in Brooklyn.

Congratulations to all of you who passed school car. I'm next on the list for newly appointed conductors God willing they will call in a month or so. How are the tours ?

Sent from my STV100-1 using TapatalkHey BxJay120 I did the same thing a few weeks ago so you are ahead of me on the list then my number was Is in the 790s so when I reinstated. You are right there so we might be the next crew

God willing I hope that that is the case! I keep checking my mailbox to see if anything comes in

God willing I hope that that is the case! I keep checking my mailbox to see if anything comes in

God Willing is right. The Lord will make a way

See when I was thinking about working for transit I had no idea that this list was still active. It was suppose to terminate a long time ago it has extended more than once. I know the Lords hand had something to do with that

I had called somewhere they said supposedly sometime in September another appointing class. So we shall see.

God Willing is right. The Lord will make a way

See when I was thinking about working for transit I had no idea that this list was still active. It was suppose to terminate a long time ago it has extended more than once. I know the Lords hand had something to do with that

I had called somewhere they said supposedly sometime in September another appointing class. So we shall see.

I didn't think so either . I happened to come across something online ... I think it was an article in the chief and I was shocked and immediately put myself back on the list . September huh? I hope they send my info over . Dcas still says I'm not certified but then again I've heard that dcas info isn't always current. I haven't talked to anyone ... just get the info from the automated system. I would really love to get in. I just went two weeks ago to Brooklyn for pre employment for Station Agent.. yet again another list that is active still since way back. But that one closes on the 22nd of this month. Still waiting .. this is nerve racking !

I didn't think so either . I happened to come across something online ... I think it was an article in the chief and I was shocked and immediately put myself back on the list . September huh? I hope they send my info over . Dcas still says I'm not certified but then again I've heard that dcas info isn't always current. I haven't talked to anyone ... just get the info from the automated system. I would really love to get in. I just went two weeks ago to Brooklyn for pre employment for Station Agent.. yet again another list that is active still since way back. But that one closes on the 22nd of this month. Still waiting .. this is nerve racking !

Oh absolutely can be nerve racking. But at least you are in the door persay. I just came across this app last month sometime myself. I found out a lot reading some of these threads. I went in person they had to change my address and everything else and mail me the confirmed address change and my list no and info. Make sure they send that to you so you can know and Keep it for your records. I would have to call DCAS number to see if it says the same thing for me just in case. Station agent, I always miss that exam. I think now I wouldn't mind doing that it's like you are in. The token booth all day and or giving directions to customers. People still to this day ask me for help in navigating through the system.

• 2 weeks later...

When Brawls Breakout on the subway why do some Train crew come out to break it up and some don't.? I was on the J Train earlier coming from Broadway Junction. What is protocol. Are they allowed or supposed to just call the cops. What if they are stuck between stations.

When Brawls Breakout on the subway why do some Train crew come out to break it up and some don't.? I was on the J Train earlier coming from Broadway Junction. What is protocol. Are they allowed or supposed to just call the cops. What if they are stuck between stations.

If you witness a fight break out or if a customer reports a fight on the train, notify RCC immediately and they will give you further instructions (aka, they will ask you if you see any weapons, if theyre on the train, if they get off the train, they will tell you to close down and proceed.) Bottom line, were not cops or trained to handle those types of situations, radio RCC, tell them whats going on, ask for police assistance if necessary, then close down and keep it moving. Thats what RCC is going to tell you any way.

So just an update for anyone out there waiting. I got my preemployment letter to report Monday to 180 livingston. I have an issue and am curious if anyone out there can give me some advice on what to do. I actually got sworn in about a week ago for Station Agent to start on Monday. I received the letter this afternoon for pre enploymwnt for conductor. I took my drug test for Station Agent on July 31. I don't really know what to do here . I mean I have to report to 130 Livingston Monday for orientation for Station Agent at 8am. But I also was called to report for conductor at 730 at 180 livingston. Am I going to have to drug test again ? Is it considered a promotion ? I didn't have to do a medical for Station Agent but I do for conductor therefore I know that I have to clear the medical before it is official. Do I go to orientation and show them the letter ? Do I got to 180 at the crack to tell them I have to report to 130 for orientation? Am I going to have to abandon Station Agent to be able to complete pre employment for conductor ? I mean I left my job to start with Transit and I can't be jobless to see if this pans out . Does anyone have any idea what would be the best thing for me to do here ? I know that regardless I am going to be there super early to either go to 130 or to 180 and tell them what's going on but I don't want to mess up one opportunity for another and stay without a job in the end . Someone please help and thank you !

Does anyone know when the next batch of C/ Rs should be appointed ? From 8094. ? I went to DCAS said they are up to 7226. I just reinstated yesterday on the list. I'm in the upper 700s

You should be in the next batch of calls. I reinstated last month myself. I'm in the 790 s.

Sent from my STV100-1 using TapatalkYou should be in the next batch to be called when they do the next pre-employment at the MTA Human Resources in Brooklyn.

Did you get your preemployment letter ? I think we reinstated around the same time so we should be going into the same class ...

Does anyone have a round about time when the background investigation is complete? is it done before you start or complete training?  Is it done before you finish your year probation?  Also what would the non criminal disqualifications be?  also I'm sure many people hold on to other jobs at some point during training ie, med leave vacation burnout etc... would not filling out the dual employment form cause a firing?    

Dcas automated system said last appointed was 8288. Next class is September 11. Received letter to do medical Tuesday. I also received a 2nd pre employment letter to do drug test which I already did in June. I'm just gonna ask when I feet there but will be doing medical first to get that over with.

Come in early and see what is up. By curiosity. What are they offering for station agent per hour ?

Sent from my STV100-1 using TapatalkWe just spoke about this a couple of weeks ago too. It came sooner than I thought

The pay is like 30 cents less than conductor ... 21.37 if I remember correctly.

Yeah I'm kind of shocked because I didn't think it was going to happen this fast. I am going to get there to 180 early like before 7 and see if I can be real early on the line to talk to someone and if I see that it's getting late get to 130 and tell them at orientation. I mean I heard this happens but I mean I have to do the medical and I'm hoping they will let me .. I just hope it's not an end all be all ... that I have to make a choice and take a chance... I really would rather conductor but I can't be jobless in the end ... I'm so nervous

Dcas automated system said last appointed was 8288. Next class is September 11. Received letter to do medical Tuesday. I also received a 2nd pre employment letter to do drug test which I already did in June. I'm just gonna ask when I feet there but will be doing medical first to get that over with.

I only received a letter for pre-employment Monday.

The pay is like 30 cents less than conductor ... 21.37 if I remember correctly.

Yeah I'm kind of shocked because I didn't think it was going to happen this fast. I am going to get there to 180 early like before 7 and see if I can be real early on the line to talk to someone and if I see that it's getting late get to 130 and tell them at orientation. I mean I heard this happens but I mean I have to do the medical and I'm hoping they will let me .. I just hope it's not an end all be all ... that I have to make a choice and take a chance... I really would rather conductor but I can't be jobless in the end ... I'm so nervous

I wonder if they were able to switch positions with another individual. But the thing is. I didnt take that exam. You room it but we w booth took the conductor exam which is the catch 22

Well I got my answer ... I would have to decline Station Agent and start the entire process over .. new drug test and have a medical done and if I make it then I'm in. Can't risk it or afford to be out of work until this is sorted through . So I'm going to orientation. I mean it's not like I can't ever go up to conductor and who knows ... if the list gets extended till 2019 then I'll be past my year probabtion... can reinstate and be called again and if things don't go well I can come back to Station Agent ... right now I'd lose it because the list officially closed last week. I wish I would have known they would call me this fast.. I would have waited . When I reinstated to Station Agent there were only 20 left on the list ... this list still has more than half .. I guess only time will tell. Good luck with Conductor !

Hey BxJay120 are you still here at 180 Livingston street now. 10:51:54

Well at least you are in the door. This other woman took a conductor exam the same one infact and they called her to do station cleaning was offered bus operator one time and without taking the exam for it. It's just when we had to scores in the system etc

Hi Everyone I am new to this lovely forum and I would like to say Congratulations to everyone that has been patiently waiting on #8094 list that has been in the makings for years to come. As I sat and read all the wonderful updates and statuses I must say thank you to all that have posted info.

As many of the post has stated it's a waiting game and some people hold on and some move on. Well I am also patiently waiting to see if I receive a letter for preemployment.

My list number was pretty high 101xx and last year July they offered me one of those cleaning positions in which I declined..Here it is a whole year later and I have finally made it to the outstanding certification unit...(yay)...

As I read all post I see the process can be overwhelming. I'm just happy for all that made it off this particular list.

I know the list supposedly terminates 2/16/18 but I guess we will have to wait and see lol

Is there anyone out there within this forum that knows or have a high list number?

Someone in this forum mentioned buying a uniform; is that how it work? You supply your own training uniform? Strange

I have been reading your post on here and I see you finally got called. How is it going so far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its going good very easy job. They got me doing evening right now and i still got weekends off for now. Did u get a pre employment letter yet?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Archived