Thinking about moving to Rockaway

OA Pest

1) I thought I was clear with that....

2) you aint kiddin.... I'll just focus more on the residential type of areas near waterfronts, moreso the ones where industries/abandoned bldg's are situated around the waterfront....

throw sea gate in that mix as well..... as well as gerritsen beach (yes, Via), howard beach (east)/hamilton beach, beach channel.... areas you couldn't pay me to live at, if I wanted to reside near water.... ravaged by water damage.... these areas are drabby & disgusting - Lookin like somethin straight out of a popeye the sailor man cartoon..... toot toot !

Notice when they talk (rave) about howard beach, it's always the parts at & west of cross bay blvd.....

1) The thing is that he asked something like "Do the Rockaways have nice pockets, but it's run-down in general?" or something to that effect, and your response focused on Far Rockaway. I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

2) Well, often the industry in the area affects the residential sections as well. I mean for instance, along Richmond Terrace you have a lot of industry, and a lot of the areas immediately off Richmond Terrace are run-down (except for the sections by Snug Harbor). The nicer sections of the neighborhoods are further away from the corridor.

For instance, in West Brighton, it's run-down until about Post Avenue, then it becomes tolerable until around Forest Avenue, and then it becomes nicer south of there. The same thing could be said about other areas, to varying extents (Port Richmond, Elm Park, and Mariners' Harbor)

I'm actually more concerned about Coney Island around the amusement parks (and on Surf Avenue, around the Stillwell Avenue station). The last I went to Coney Island was to visit Astroland before it closed. The neighborhood looked like a nuke went off. Buildings were very rundown. Graffiti smeared all over the closed buildings. And don't get me started on the projects! I don't know what Coney Island looks like now, but I'm not confident. Especially CI west of Keyspan Park.

To the east of the amusement park, I don't think it's really run-down. Those buildings all look fine to me (IIRC, the first buildings you see near there are those yellow buildings just north of the boardwalk).

For instance, in West Brighton, it's run-down until about Post Avenue, then it becomes tolerable until around Forest Avenue, and then it becomes nicer south of there. The same thing could be said about other areas, to varying extents (Port Richmond, Elm Park, and Mariners' Harbor)

To the east of the amusement park, I don't think it's really run-down. Those buildings all look fine to me (IIRC, the first buildings you see near there are those yellow buildings just north of the boardwalk).

As far as West Brighton goes, the real border is Delafield Avenue in terms of it being nice. I mean I go to vote at that Presbyterian Church there on Broadway and Myrtle and it's okay there, although you have the riff raff from the project folks walking up Broadway, so I usually stick to Elizabeth St. which is very nice until Delafield Avenue. After Delafield Avenue you can forget it. It all goes to ish. :P

1) The thing is that he asked something like "Do the Rockaways have nice pockets, but it's run-down in general?" or something to that effect, and your response focused on Far Rockaway. I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

2) Well, often the industry in the area affects the residential sections as well. I mean for instance, along Richmond Terrace you have a lot of industry, and a lot of the areas immediately off Richmond Terrace are run-down (except for the sections by Snug Harbor). The nicer sections of the neighborhoods are further away from the corridor.

1) Well, either way, he got the point, so.....

2) I'm not sure why you're bothering to argue this, because I didn't dispute it then.... and I aint doin so, now....

Saying what I said in my last post was not an attempt to one-up your point, or belittle it....

You have waterfront areas here in NYC that are more industrial & those that are more residential..... you spoke on the former & I spoke on the latter...

What's the problem.....

I have a cousin who thinks Far Rockaway is one of the best places to live, smh of course he's a stone idiot. Last time I been out there was when he first move there. But then again he grew up in Brownsville.....

Far Rock. ain't a place IMHO to live, hell if I had a choice between there and Flatbush, I'd pick Flatbush.

Yeah, I'd stay here in east flatbush also... for a myriad of reasons.....

As far as West Brighton goes, the real border is Delafield Avenue in terms of it being nice. I mean I go to vote at that Presbyterian Church there on Broadway and Myrtle and it's okay there, although you have the riff raff from the project folks walking up Broadway, so I usually stick to Elizabeth St. which is very nice until Delafield Avenue. After Delafield Avenue you can forget it. It all goes to ish. :P

That's why I said some parts are "nice" and some are "tolerable". Crummy would be like along Castleton Avenue, with the PJs and run-down apartments and businesses, where there's an actual risk of you getting robbed. Tolerable would be like a few blocks further down, where you may feel a little uncomfortable, but realistically nothing's going to happen to you. And then nice of course is where it's completely safe.

In either case, it's only the difference of a couple of blocks (you have Delafield, Seneca, and Cary, or going the other way, you have Delafield, Myrtle, and Forest)

There's a difference between this: 272 Harvest Avenue, New York, United States - Google Maps

And this: 119 Elizabeth Street, New York, Staten Island, NY - Google Maps

And this: 1152 Castleton Avenue, New York, Staten Island, NY - Google Maps

Referring to both crime and physical appearance.

1) Well, either way, he got the point, so.....

2) I'm not sure why you're bothering to argue this, because I didn't dispute it then.... and I aint doin so, now....

Saying what I said in my last post was not an attempt to one-up your point, or belittle it....

You have waterfront areas here in NYC that are more industrial & those that are more residential..... you spoke on the former & I spoke on the latter...

What's the problem.....

Alright. Cool. No problem.

That's why I said some parts are "nice" and some are "tolerable". Crummy would be like along Castleton Avenue, with the PJs and run-down apartments and businesses, where there's an actual risk of you getting robbed. Tolerable would be like a few blocks further down, where you may feel a little uncomfortable, but realistically nothing's going to happen to you. And then nice of course is where it's completely safe.

In either case, it's only the difference of a couple of blocks (you have Delafield, Seneca, and Cary, or going the other way, you have Delafield, Myrtle, and Forest)

There's a difference between this: 272 Harvest Avenue, New York, United States - Google Maps

And this: 119 Elizabeth Street, New York, Staten Island, NY - Google Maps

And this: 1152 Castleton Avenue, New York, Staten Island, NY - Google Maps

Referring to both crime and physical appearance.

Well yeah, you should take a picture of Elizabeth St by Myrtle Avenue... Much better right there, especially seeing that it's only a block from Forest Ave... I lived not too far from there and it's quite nice. That photo you have of Elizabeth St past Delafield... Well that's why I don't go past Delafield Avenue and Elizabeth... lol

Well yeah, you should take a picture of Elizabeth St by Myrtle Avenue... Much better right there, especially seeing that it's only a block from Forest Ave... I lived not too far from there and it's quite nice. That photo you have of Elizabeth St past Delafield... Well that's why I don't go past Delafield Avenue and Elizabeth... lol

That's why I put the pictures in the order I did. The Elizabeth Street one looks better than the Castleton Avenue one, but worse than the Harvest Avenue one.

On a side note, I made a rough safety map of SI: Staten Island Safety Map - Google Maps

Well I don't even like going past Delafield Ave in car service. I can't stand when the drivers forget that I live on a one way and they have to come back around on Cary and then come up Broadway to come back by Forest Ave... Ugh... so run down over there. That area should NOT be in orange, but either yellow or red... Buffer zone... Yeah right... Delafield is just fine as long as the hood folks usually don't come walking into our part of West Brighton. You have plenty of home owners on Delafield Ave. There is a lady who rides the X30 at my stop who lives on Delafield... Lots of Irish and Italians along Delafield, though you have a mix of other folks as well.

Well I don't even like going past Delafield Ave in car service. I can't stand when the drivers forget that I live on a one way and they have to come back around on Cary and then come up Broadway to come back by Forest Ave... Ugh... so run down over there. That area should NOT be in orange, but either yellow or red... Buffer zone... Yeah right... Delafield is just fine as long as the hood folks usually don't come walking into our part of West Brighton. You have plenty of home owners on Delafield Ave. There is a lady who rides the X30 at my stop who lives on Delafield... Lots of Irish and Italians along Delafield, though you have a mix of other folks as well.

Orange is worse than yellow. See the comment I made on the side. If I made it yellow, that would mean it's better.

And I tried to make it so that it follows the boundaries of the streets (though in a few places, I had it follow the North Shore Rail ROW). In some areas, one end of the block can be alright, and then the other end isn't. So Delafield itself might be alright, but once you turn off of it and go down a few houses, it might not be.

And just so you know, this is based on actual experience walking around. A few areas, I had to guess (for instance, I haven't really walked much around Park Hill and New Brighton, so I had to guess with the boundaries)

And yeah, the area between Forest Avenue and Delafield Avenue is pretty diverse. Around 50% White, 25% Hispanic, 10% Asian, and 10% Black (and 5% everyone else). Now that is based off stats. B) (though those aren't the exact stats, just an estimate because Delafield Avenue is split between two block groups).

I've been around that area a lot of times, but it's kind of hard to get an estimate because you have a lot of people passing through. And for an area of just a few blocks (because it's between Forest Avenue and Delafield), it's even harder. But those numbers above seem reasonable.

Orange is worse than yellow. See the comment I made on the side. If I made it yellow, that would mean it's better.

And I tried to make it so that it follows the boundaries of the streets (though in a few places, I had it follow the North Shore Rail ROW). In some areas, one end of the block can be alright, and then the other end isn't. So Delafield itself might be alright, but once you turn off of it and go down a few houses, it might not be.

And just so you know, this is based on actual experience walking around. A few areas, I had to guess (for instance, I haven't really walked much around Park Hill and New Brighton, so I had to guess with the boundaries)

And yeah, the area between Forest Avenue and Delafield Avenue is pretty diverse. Around 50% White, 25% Hispanic, 10% Asian, and 10% Black (and 5% everyone else). Now that is based off stats. B) (though those aren't the exact stats, just an estimate because Delafield Avenue is split between two block groups).

I've been around that area a lot of times, but it's kind of hard to get an estimate because you have a lot of people passing through. And for an area of just a few blocks (because it's between Forest Avenue and Delafield), it's even harder. But those numbers above seem reasonable.

I think you're underestimating how many whites there are... More like 70% White, 20% Hispanic, 7% Black and 3% Asian). This is Delafield between say Broadway and Elizabeth. The closer to Elizabeth Street you get the more whites there are. You're being very generous w/the Asian population too. Remember that West Brighton as a whole, particularly from Delafield Avenue up is heavily Irish and Italian, especially in the private houses. If you excluded the few apartment houses sprinkled here and there, it would be about 90% White. Compare that to my current block in Riverdale which from what I've seen is probably over 95% White... There maybe a Latino thrown in here or there (I know at least one Latino (Dominican guy who is an IT guy for another company on my floor where I work lives very close to me) though I've only seen whites so far), but the Spuyten Duyvil/Downtown Riverdale part where I'm at is more expensive and harder to get into for folks without good credit or a certain amount of income. It's crazy because I'm literally right on the Spuyten Duvyil border with Riverdale. If I take a few steps down the hill I'm clearly in Spuyten Duyvil, but my apartment is located in what is known as Downtown Riverdale or Central Riverdale.

I've seen a few blacks (very few) around Johnson Avenue and they appear to have been passing through. Something like a home attendant who works in the area in the daytime. At my express bus stop whites always get off (though once I saw what looked like a mixed or Latina lady get off). Waiting at the stop I've only seen whites though, be it for the local bus or the express bus.

Zoom in on this map: Zoomable map: 2000 to 2010 demographic changes

On the south side of Delafield between Broadway and Elizabeth, there are 220 people, and 80 of them are White, 26 are Black, 82 are Hispanic, and 25 are Asian (it also includes those living on Myrtle, and on Elizabeth and Broadway)

Between Elizabeth and Clove, you have 208 people (92 White, 10 Black, 91 Hispanic, 12 Asian).

70% White would be more appropriate for south of Forest Avenue. Who knows, maybe it's just a coincidence that you happen to see a lot of White people on the block (maybe they live south of Forest and just happen to be walking around or something)

I mean, it is the North Shore, which was always known for being diverse, and it does border a minority area, so the racial/ethnic demographics might travel down, but the problems of those areas may not. Staten Island in general has seen shifts in demographics. The White population has decreased by 5%, but the Hispanic population has grown by 51%, the Black population has grown by 12%, and the Asian population has grown by 7%.

And some demographic facts might surprise you. For instance, did you know that some of the highest concentrations of Asians are in Park Hill and Mariners' Harbor? It's not like a Chinatown or anything, but between Vanderbilt Avenue and the SIR tracks is 15% Asian. In eastern Mariners' Harbor, it's 13% Asian.

The highest concentration of Asians is by Bradley Avenue. The eastern side is 24% Asian, and the western side is 23% Asian.

Also keep in mind that they don't make a distinction between South Asians (India, Pakistan, etc) and Eastern Asians (China, Korea, Japan, etc).

The data is available here (just zoom into SI): Mapping the 2010 U.S. Census - NYTimes.com

And Spuyten Duyvil isn't 90% White. It's around 75% White, 15% Hispanic, 5% Black, and 5% Asian (and that's not including any parts of Kingsbridge or anything)

The "Whitest" part of Riverdale is by the waterfront, and is 82% White. And along Broadway is actually pretty diverse, especially as you get further north (again, not including Kingsbridge).

Keep in mind that the demographics you see might not necessarily be the ones on paper. For instance, in Arlington, it's 31% Hispanic, and yet I barely see any Hispanics in that area. But then again, I'm sure there are a lot of dark-skinned Hispanics there as well. In my after-school program, I help little kids read, and one of the girls I tutor regularly was dark-skinned, and at first I thought she was Black, but then I looked closely and I said "Her facial features look more Hispanic" and it turned out that she was Puerto Rican.

And for instance, with me I'm Hispanic (or at least, that's what I put down on any forms. I'm actually White & Hispanic, as you know), but at a first glace, I look White because I'm pretty light-skinned (and I'm even lighter now than when you saw me because it's winter). And I know people where you can only tell that they're Hispanic from their last names. I remember meeting a girl from my home country, and she was as light-skinned as any European.

And to be honest, like I said when I saw you, if I didn't know your name was clearly Italian, I would've thought you were Black, or dark-skinned Hispanic.

Zoom in on this map: Zoomable map: 2000 to 2010 demographic changes

On the south side of Delafield between Broadway and Elizabeth, there are 220 people, and 80 of them are White, 26 are Black, 82 are Hispanic, and 25 are Asian (it also includes those living on Myrtle, and on Elizabeth and Broadway)

Between Elizabeth and Clove, you have 208 people (92 White, 10 Black, 91 Hispanic, 12 Asian).

70% White would be more appropriate for south of Forest Avenue. Who knows, maybe it's just a coincidence that you happen to see a lot of White people on the block (maybe they live south of Forest and just happen to be walking around or something)

I mean, it is the North Shore, which was always known for being diverse, and it does border a minority area, so the racial/ethnic demographics might travel down, but the problems of those areas may not. Staten Island in general has seen shifts in demographics. The White population has decreased by 5%, but the Hispanic population has grown by 51%, the Black population has grown by 12%, and the Asian population has grown by 7%.

And some demographic facts might surprise you. For instance, did you know that some of the highest concentrations of Asians are in Park Hill and Mariners' Harbor? It's not like a Chinatown or anything, but between Vanderbilt Avenue and the SIR tracks is 15% Asian. In eastern Mariners' Harbor, it's 13% Asian.

The highest concentration of Asians is by Bradley Avenue. The eastern side is 24% Asian, and the western side is 23% Asian.

Also keep in mind that they don't make a distinction between South Asians (India, Pakistan, etc) and Eastern Asians (China, Korea, Japan, etc).

The data is available here (just zoom into SI): Mapping the 2010 U.S. Census - NYTimes.com

This map is a bit off... I mean I know Delafield between Elizabeth & Broadway pretty well and it's majority white. If anything I can't see how in the world Latinos would be the majority on that block. The only way would be because the houses with Latinos in them have several people living in them as opposed to many of the houses with Whites in them which may have 4 people living in them max. I mean the house I'm in on Staten Island has two folks in it... My aunt who is white and me... Mixed guy... I don't put anything for ethnicity though I do know that white was checked at my previous job even though I'm clearly mixed. The consensus is that with my name and the way I sound that I have to be a white Italian, not some mixed guy. lol

This map is a bit off... I mean I know Delafield between Elizabeth & Broadway pretty well and it's majority white. If anything I can't see how in the world Latinos would be the majority on that block. The only way would be because the houses with Latinos in them have several people living in them as opposed to many of the houses with Whites in them which may have 4 people living in them max. I mean the house I'm in on Staten Island has two folks in it... My aunt who is white and me... Mixed guy... I don't put anything for ethnicity though I do know that white was checked at my previous job even though I'm clearly mixed. The consensus is that with my name and the way I sound that I have to be a white Italian, not some mixed guy. lol

Well, that's definitely possible. Latinos do tend to have more people in their families. I have a Mexican friend who has 7 people living in a townhouse (it's 3 stories, though). Hell, back when I lived in Brooklyn, we had 5 people in a 1-bedroom apartment.

Well, that's definitely possible. Latinos do tend to have more people in their families.

I mean I know for a fact that at least two of those houses have a ish load of Mexicans in them. I'm not sure what the deal is but I know a few places where they post those "Se rentan cuartos" ads and you'll have a house with God knows how many folks living in it that may not actually be related.

I mean I know for a fact that at least two of those houses have a ish load of Mexicans in them. I'm not sure what the deal is but I know a few places where they post those "Se rentan cuartos" ads and you'll have a house with God knows how many folks living in it that may not actually be related.

Actually, in Port Richmond, there was a fire and somebody said there were like 30 people living in the house. I doubt it was that many (and it was a pretty big house), but yeah, if you just rent out a few bedrooms you could fit a lot of people into the house.

BTW, I added something to my post above.

Actually, in Port Richmond, there was a fire and somebody said there were like 30 people living in the house. I doubt it was that many (and it was a pretty big house), but yeah, if you just rent out a few bedrooms you could fit a lot of people into the house.

BTW, I added something to my post above.

Yeah, that's the thing... You can have that in some parts of Staten Island particularly where the Mexican population is strong and they have a bit more control over the housing stock. I mean without the Mexican population in some parts of Port Richmond, you would have real ish holes that would be desolate. The blacks complain about the Mexicans coming in, but Port Richmond which is already a ish hole would be even worse, which is scary to think about. :eek::eek:

But getting back to whole 10 people in an apartment idea, that whole "se rentan cuartos" ad wouldn't work where I'm at in Riverdale because they screen folks like crazy and that's exactly the way I want it to be. They want to know how many people will be in the apartment and the names, phone numbers, social security numbers, work and previous address, income and the whole nine yards, so you're not going to have 10 people living in a 3 bedroom or whatever because all of that information is thoroughly checked over several days. Just brings down the neighborhood and the quality of life.

What I am seeing though is more "For Sale" signs here in West Brighton. Folks are moving out like crazy and so far it seems like they're being replaced by whites from my observations.

Yeah, that's the thing... You can have that in some parts of Staten Island particularly where the Mexican population is strong and they have a bit more control over the housing stock. I mean without the Mexican population in some parts of Port Richmond, you would have real ish holes that would be desolate. The blacks complain about the Mexicans coming in, but Port Richmond which is already a ish hole would be even worse, which is scary to think about. :eek::eek:

But getting back to whole 10 people in an apartment idea, that whole "se rentan cuartos" ad wouldn't work where I'm at in Riverdale because they screen folks like crazy and that's exactly the way I want it to be. They want to know how many people will be in the apartment and the names, phone numbers, social security numbers, work and previous address, income and the whole nine yards, so you're not going to have 10 people living in a 3 bedroom or whatever because all of that information is thoroughly checked over several days. Just brings down the neighborhood and the quality of life.

What I am seeing though is more "For Sale" signs here in West Brighton. Folks are moving out like crazy and so far it seems like they're being replaced by whites from my observations.

I wonder what the crime stats are if you break it down by neighborhood. As of now, they just group all neighborhoods north of the SIE together, which means that you're grouping Grymes Hill with Stapleton.

Like for instance, Port Richmond is more Hispanic and Arlington is more Black, and Port Richmond has a safer feel, but I wonder if it is actually safer in reality, being a Hispanic neighborhood.

And now that I think about it, there are only a few Hispanic families on my block, and they do tend to be larger than the White families (not 10 people or anything, but still larger), so you could have more homes being sold to Whites, but the neighborhood still becomes more Hispanic.

omg this is something I been looking for, for a while! you think you could do the other boros too?

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the other boroughs. I have a general idea of which areas are safe and which aren't, but I can't make it as accurate as I did for SI. I would need to have spent a significant amount of time in those areas to know which parts are bad, which parts are really and which parts are decent. And to be honest, I don't have a good comparison. Like for instance, Stapleton is bad, but I'm not really sure what would be the equivalent in the other boroughs. Maybe Bed-Stuy or Washington Heights (the non-gentrified parts), but I really don't know.

And to be honest, for some areas I'm just completely clueless. Like for instance, when I visit the Bronx Zoo andcome out through the Boston Road side (to get to the Tremont Avenue station), based on my observations, it would be a yellow or possibly orange. But the crime stats would definitely put the area down as red.

I wonder what the crime stats are if you break it down by neighborhood. As of now, they just group all neighborhoods north of the SIE together, which means that you're grouping Grymes Hill with Stapleton.

Like for instance, Port Richmond is more Hispanic and Arlington is more Black, and Port Richmond has a safer feel, but I wonder if it is actually safer in reality, being a Hispanic neighborhood.

And now that I think about it, there are only a few Hispanic families on my block, and they do tend to be larger than the White families (not 10 people or anything, but still larger), so you could have more homes being sold to Whites, but the neighborhood still becomes more Hispanic.

That's exactly my thinking. For example, one of our neighbors owns two houses on the block. One was put up for sale and they live in the other one, but it's only four people living in the other house so basically you had two houses being owned with 4 people living in one and no one in the other one.

omg this is something I been looking for, for a while! you think you could do the other boros too?

I would be able to Queens for you, as I know it pretty well. But as for the rest, I won't be able to help.

To be honest, I'm not too familiar with the other boroughs. I have a general idea of which areas are safe and which aren't, but I can't make it as accurate as I did for SI. I would need to have spent a significant amount of time in those areas to know which parts are bad, which parts are really and which parts are decent. And to be honest, I don't have a good comparison. Like for instance, Stapleton is bad, but I'm not really sure what would be the equivalent in the other boroughs. Maybe Bed-Stuy or Washington Heights (the non-gentrified parts), but I really don't know.

Bed-Stuy isn't as bad as it used to be. Brownsville, ENY, Queensbridge, Jamaica, Hunts Point and Soundview would like a word with you.

And to be honest, for some areas I'm just completely clueless. Like for instance, when I visit the Bronx Zoo andcome out through the Boston Road side (to get to the Tremont Avenue station), based on my observations, it would be a yellow or possibly orange. But the crime stats would definitely put the area down as red.

The area around the Subway Station is pretty safe, by my standards. Once you're out of reach of the subway, however, good luck.

That's exactly my thinking. For example, one of our neighbors owns two houses on the block. One was put up for sale and they live in the other one, but it's only four people living in the other house so basically you had two houses being owned with 4 people living in one and no one in the other one.

That wasn't what I was really thinking of, though.

Let's say you have 10 houses on a block (and let's assume they don't have built-in apartments on the side, or people living in the basement or something). Say out of those, you have 2 Hispanic families and 8 White families. Logically, the demographics of that area would be 20% Hispanic and 80% White.

However, Hispanics generally tend to have larger household sizes. So the 2 houses with Hispanics could have 8 people living in them, and the other houses could have 4. So you have 48 people living on the block, and 16 of them (33%) are Hispanic, but only 20% of the units are occupied by Hispanics.

It's just an example, but you get the point. I know Hispanics do tend to have higher fertility rates (i.e. More kids) than other groups, so that adds to the population.

1) Bed-Stuy isn't as bad as it used to be. Brownsville, ENY, Queensbridge, Jamaica, Hunts Point and Soundview would like a word with you.

2) The area around the Subway Station is pretty safe, by my standards. Once you're out of reach of the subway, however, good luck.

1) I know that. That's why I didn't pick Brownsville, East NY, or Hunt's Point. I doubt Stapleton is quite as bad as those areas, but the question is: What does it compare to? I mean, I hear different things about how different areas are, but you have to actually be in the area to make a good comparison. That's why I picked Bed-Stuy as a comparison, because the eastern section is still pretty rough, but not quite as rough as the areas you mentioned.

2) Good to know. Thanks.

That wasn't what I was really thinking of, though.

Oh God... Why does everything have to be spelled out to you??? My example is the exact friggin point that you made before and just now!! :mad: The point is my neighbors who are white have two houses with very few people in them. Houses with Latinos in them further down have more people in them, BUT you have more houses owned by whites in the area. The point about one house being up for sale is side stuff, but the main point is exactly the same.

Oh God... Why does everything have to be spelled out to you??? My example is the exact friggin point that you made before and just now!! :mad: The point is my neighbors who are white have two houses with very few people in them. Houses with Latinos in them further down have more people in them, BUT you have more houses owned by whites in the area. The point about one house being up for sale is side stuff, but the main point is exactly the same.

Well, as long as we can agree to an explanation, that's all that matters. It all comes down to how many people are in White households vs. Hispanic households. How exactly that's achieved doesn't make much of a difference.

Archived