S53 and S93 Bike and Ride Pilot...

Jdog14

Well it didn't take that long for the bike rack buses to be on a line other than the S53/S93. If an expansion occurs this obviously wouldn't be such a problem.

Nice shots!

I thought the same thing. Then again they use whatever to make service lol. 

Great to see NYCTB testing 2-bike racks, great catches. 

7053, 07059 and 7068 use a rather different rack without black rubber attachment than the rest.  Not sure if the agency is testing 2 suppliers or same with 2 types of models.  Does anyone know which is the last number on that (708?)

7053, 07059 and 7068 use a rather different rack without black rubber attachment than the rest.  Not sure if the agency is testing 2 suppliers or same with 2 types of models.  Does anyone know which is the last number on that (708?)

It's 7084. You have to look very closely above the door (you can press on the picture, which sends you to flickr, and zoom from there).

Nice pics.

Surprised at MTA going full-force with this by the looks of things.  Thought they'd get a few installed and on the specific routes just to back up the press release, in a hit-or-miss way.

Anyone seen any in use, outside of like the "Training Bus" picture?

During training, we were informed that 3 models are being tested.

In the case of a front end accident, is the MTA responsible to pay for the bikes if they get damaged?

Supposedly all on the owners, but I'd imagine MTA would cut some deal, especially since bus is getting repaired via insurance.

The "AYOR" use thing is more about using the racks and if you don't know what you're doing and the bike ends up under the bus because of your stupidity, you're the one responsible.

In today's world, I can't imagine the MTA (or any TA, really) pushing everything off in a situation where the TA is not "at fault" in what you describe.  That's built into the "process", if we're totally honest.  GRANTED, it won't be easy, but it would probably would be compensated somehow.  After all, you're minding your own business, and then ......

Once again I'll ask -----

Anyone seen any racks in use during their usual routines?  (C'mon, forum members would be the first to notice these things, so please let everyone know.  Find it really hard to believe that you folks haven't noticed anything.)

Archived