MTA offers Yankees & Mets fans vintage trains for Opening Day

Harry

post-5097-0-36724700-1459426014_thumb.jpg
The (MTA) wants to take baseball fans out to the ball game on Opening Day — in vintage trains. Yankee fans heading to the Bronx on Monday will be able to grab a Nostalgia Train made of cars built in 1917 from 42nd St.-Grand Central to 161st St.-Yankee Stadium. The train leaves at 11:30 a.m. from the northbound 4, 5 and 6 line platform at Grand Central. For Mets fans going to the home opener at Citi Field on April 8, the (MTA) will run its “Train of Many Colors,” made up of 11 cars manufactured between 1948 and 1964. That ride will leave the 34th St.-Hudson Yards station at 11:30 a.m. and make express stops to Flushing-Main St., including the Mets-Willets Point station.

Read More: Source

post-5097-0-36724700-1459426014_thumb.jpg

I'm not surprised that they're running the Lo-Vs for the Yankees opener, since they are stored at the East 180th Street or at the 239th Street Shops, respectively. However, I'm a little shocked that they're running the Redbirds for just one trip, which involves getting the R33WF 9306 out of the museum, putting the train together and moving the train from 207th Street to the Flushing line, which is not that easy to begin with.

I'm not surprised that they're running the Lo-Vs for the Yankees opener, since they are stored at the East 180th Street or at the 239th Street Shops, respectively. However, I'm a little shocked that they're running the Redbirds for just one trip, which involves getting the R33WF 9306 out of the museum, putting the train together and moving the train from 207th Street to the Flushing line, which is not that easy to begin with.

It happens every year, now. And then they do it again if either team makes the playoffs.

The (MTA) wants to take baseball fans out to the ball game on Opening Day — in vintage trains. Yankee fans heading to the Bronx on Monday will be able to grab a Nostalgia Train made of cars built in 1917 from 42nd St.-Grand Central to 161st St.-Yankee Stadium. The train leaves at 11:30 a.m. from the northbound 4, 5 and 6 line platform at Grand Central. For Mets fans going to the home opener at Citi Field on April 8, the (MTA) will run its “Train of Many Colors,” made up of 11 cars manufactured between 1948 and 1964. That ride will leave the 34th St.-Hudson Yards station at 11:30 a.m. and make express stops to Flushing-Main St., including the Mets-Willets Point station.

Read More: Source

crap why do i have school on that time

Archived