Genius Transit Challenge

RailRunRob

Not sure if anyone posted this already. But me and my motley crew are throwing our hats in. Figured for all my MTA critiques I should put my money where my mouth is nothing to lose. Just wanted to share for anyone interested.

Link to enter.

http://www.geniustransitchallenge.ny.gov/

Event video

These questions are all MONEY. Challenge 1- Modernize NYC subway System- Provide more money and portions of the shut down subway system, provide oversight of workers and contractors, and penalize for late delivery, Challenge 2- I don't know go to other city and piggyback off their order. It may not work... AND PROVIDE MORE FUNDING from the state. Challenge 3- Maybe hang wire and give transit wireless ad revenue to deploy  wifi in tunnels, and rapidly install radio system? There should be a question such as "How to alleviate overcrowding" and "How to reduce train delays" and "how to Improve passenger experience in stations and on trains". But I don't think Cuomo knows anything about NYC Subway

These questions are all MONEY. Challenge 1- Modernize NYC subway System- Provide more money and portions of the shut down subway system, provide oversight of workers and contractors, and penalize for late delivery, Challenge 2- I don't know go to other city and piggyback off their order. It may not work... AND PROVIDE MORE FUNDING from the state. Challenge 3- Maybe hang wire and give transit wireless ad revenue to deploy  wifi in tunnels, and rapidly install radio system? There should be a question such as "How to alleviate overcrowding" and "How to reduce train delays" and "how to Improve passenger experience in stations and on trains". But I don't think Cuomo knows anything about NYC Subway

Let me correct that... AND ADD MORE FUNDING FROM THE CITY AND STATE.

Funny how now all of a sudden, the public's solutions matter....

When it comes to service cuts though, every single change is signed off on & set in stone long before any public hearing is held....

The opinion of the public then, holds about as much weight as the toilet paper the suits wouldn't wipe their collective asses with...

$1M for solutions and $300M for bridge lights. Amazing.

Amazing b8cm2ip.gif

I want FULL credit if my solutions are going to be implemented in turning such an extensive subway system all the way the hell around (which is what this is really about)..... Hell, I want my name up in lights, an imprint of my face embossed in the background of the MTA logo, every MTA bldg. named after me, the NYC token brought back in circulation -_-, and the heads rolled of every single person who currently "earns" lucrative salaries whose responsibility it's supposed to be to come up with solutions..... Far too much incompetency within this agency....

Genius Transit challenge... I'ma have to use the VG8 face right now...

<_<

^^this.

See, posting this challenge when people are supposedly paid salaries to do this shows two things:

1) (MTA) NYCT is beyond repair as an agency; and

2) Andrew Cuomo is not fit for another term in ANY political office.

#incompetencyonfleek

Funny how now all of a sudden, the public's solutions matter....

When it comes to service cuts though, every single change is signed off on & set in stone long before any public hearing is held....

The opinion of the public then, holds about as much weight as the toilet paper the suits wouldn't wipe their collective asses with...

Amazing b8cm2ip.gif

I want FULL credit if my solutions are going to be implemented in turning such an extensive subway system all the way the hell around (which is what this is really about)..... Hell, I want my name up in lights, an imprint of my face embossed in the background of the MTA logo, every MTA bldg. named after me, the NYC token brought back in circulation -_-, and the heads rolled of every single person who currently "earns" lucrative salaries whose responsibility it's supposed to be to come up with solutions..... Far too much incompetency within this agency....

Genius Transit challenge... I'ma have to use the VG8 face right now...

<_<

. Yeah I’m with you! We think we might be able to help solve something we have some experience with WMN’s (Mesh Network’s) but your point a thousand percent correct . We’re looking to file patent and IP rights before anything . I’m sure some of these other companies and outfits would be doing the same or I’d hope. If the MTA runs off with our idea make the call to Uncle Paulie because someone’s going in the trunk. No joke!

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

^^this.

See, posting this challenge when people are supposedly paid salaries to do this shows two things:

1) (MTA) NYCT is beyond repair as an agency; and

2) Andrew Cuomo is not fit for another term in ANY political office.

#incompetencyonfleek

Not sure the MTA understands how to attract and manage the type of talent needed to move forward at the pace needed.I kinda see this as submission to this. The challenge overall isn’t really isn’t the average joe another team I know entering (How I found out) is a pretty established company mostly of tech talent complete with some guys from Uber so it’s serious. I went to the MTA 4-5 years ago via good friend with the idea of real-time information on train using Bluetooth and WiFi they scoffed at it. The overall feel was they were betting on there AVL countdown clock tech. Fast forward when they couldn’t get there lettered Lines connected what do they do. They relied on the technology sector to figure it out. And now there countdown clocks are based on over the shelf IEEE Bluetooth hardware same thing they scoffed at when we hit them with BT4.0. Here they are again trying there hand again. Need some younger talent in upper management. I don’t know if it’s a bad thing there looking to other cities and industries to help. What do you think they should do?

To be honest this type of content is very much in-line with what we do in tech with hackatons to see what people do and come up with. A great way to get a different prospective on things you never thought possible.

Sent from my iPhone using NYC Transit Forums mobile app

Archived