(7) Vs. (L)

Time to hand over your trolley handles Drew, you've gone crazy!

LOL make a move like I done with the Lo-V and THEN you can say that...:P

Speaking of you wanna see a REAL tight fit for a yard move remind me to get you into Barn 4 next time you're up...

You still gotta go to ops training NEXT year...you're still on the eligible list waitin' to git called! :);):P:cool: Turn in my handles my

(B)(V)(T)(T)!

Besides LOLCATS never get old...

LOL make a move like I done with the Lo-V and THEN you can say that...B)

Speaking of you wanna see a REAL tight fit for a yard move remind me to get you into Barn 4 next time you're up...

You still gotta go to ops training NEXT year...you're still on the eligible list waitin' to git called! :D B)B):cool: Turn in my handles my

(B)(V)(T)(T)!

Besides LOLCATS never get old...

Touché.

Drew, whats in barn 4 that is so tight? Oh and I am hauling up my sign this weekend to see what Jeff can do with it.

The MINEOLA!

I thought you saw the "climbing anti climbers" heh...

So THAT's why you're driving.

PS not sure what is planned but there are some minor R-17 projects we could ask about. I'll PM you them in a few mins.

Maybe it has to do with the fact that they built the newer line (between Montrose and BWJct) underground instead of elevated. Perhaps if it was elevated, it would have had a third track, or at least the provision for it. There would be more room above ground than under the street between the property lines.

You are correct, since I was actually there yesterday. But don't forget though, the tunnel is in Div A-specs.

I know that. What my post was saying was that none of that would matter though because any inbound train could not take a wrong lineup...because on the Manhattan bound tracks there is no crossover between the two divisions, only on the outbound tracks.

At the risk of being slandered...even though the (L) has proven to be able to handle well, I've always thought a center track would help in the case that something happened on either of the main stream tracks. It wouldn't shut down the entire line if something happened. I mean when there's stuff going on with the (7) they have that express track they can utilize. It would mean people have to boomerang if they want to get to their local stop but its still better than shutting the entire line down. My overall opinion of the (L) however remains to be said that it has come a very long way and it does quite well.

At the risk of being slandered...even though the (L) has proven to be able to handle well, I've always thought a center track would help in the case that something happened on either of the main stream tracks. It wouldn't shut down the entire line if something happened. I mean when there's stuff going on with the (7) they have that express track they can utilize. It would mean people have to boomerang if they want to get to their local stop but its still better than shutting the entire line down. My overall opinion of the (L) however remains to be said that it has come a very long way and it does quite well.

Of course a third track will always help out. That will minimise the need for "bustitutions", however since:

1. It is mostly underground

2. That it squeezes besides a cemetary and freight tracks at Wilson Ave

3. That the original right-of-way was built for two-tracks

A third track is very costly along the L line.

Which is the reason why they want to construct a third track along the SAS, but that's highly unlikely given the fiscal situation.

I believe a part of the incoming second option order of R-160A,32 CBTC 4 car sets,will help and provide extra trains for the L line.ridership levels have been increasing since 2001 and with extra trains,proper schedules,utilization of Myrtle Avenue and Broadway-Junction as part time terminals,the need for an express track would not be needed now.i do know for a fact that the L line is over capacity and some Weekday trains end at Broadway-Junction and go back to Manhattan,extra cars are on the way.

On November 10, 2008, the MTA exercised option order two for an additional 242 R160As, which will be broken down into 32 CBTC compatible cars arranged as 4-car sets (9943-9974) for the L to replace the remaining R42s out of East New York Yard, and 210 cars arranged in 5-car sets (9593-9802).[12] These cars are to arrive by the end of 2010. This opens up the possibility of a third option order of approximately 130 cars.

Archived