Final Pittsburgh Trip: The Light Rail

R62A 1991

I scored big on this one. Let's jump right into it. I took the 42S/42L

100_1195.jpg

Steel Plaza. These are cool stations, but a bit dim for my tastes.

100_1194.jpg

100_1192.jpg

Fallowfield Station

100_1196.jpg

High platforms, all doors. Low platforms, only the first door. They're lucky this isn't the NYC Subway.

100_1197.jpg

100_1198.jpg

100_1203.jpg

100_1204.jpg

100_1207.jpg

Ok, moving on to Castle Shannon:

100_1210.jpg

100_1214.jpg

100_1215.jpg

100_1222.jpg

100_1220.jpg

100_1227.jpg

100_1230.jpg

Videos:

And, finally, South Hills Junction:

100_1233.jpg

100_1235.jpg

100_1237.jpg

And this is where I'm going:

100_1238.jpg

That's it for me and Pittsburgh. Tomorrow, I come back to New York. And, I'll try to take photos on the "Pennsylvanian" for you guys. Hope you enjoyed!

Great pics/short video R62a. Thanks for sharing. Pittsburgh looks like a great city. I only stopped by there about 4x in my life(usually either driving or taking Greyhound to Chicago or Cleveland)so if i get some money i try to go for weekend trip in near future.

FYI Was there not talk of extending the Light rail to the sports complex area ie Heniz Stadium (Steelers) and PNC Park(Pirates)?

Great pics/short video R62a. Thanks for sharing. Pittsburgh looks like a great city. I only stopped by there about 4x in my life(usually either driving or taking Greyhound to Chicago or Cleveland)so if i get some money i try to go for weekend trip in near future.

FYI Was there not talk of extending the Light rail to the sports complex area ie Heniz Stadium (Steelers) and PNC Park(Pirates)?

Thanks. Pittsburgh is a great city, I like the area around my campus, which is Oakland. I haven't heard any ideas about extension, though.

Slammin pics! Most of my family lives in Pittsburgh but in the eastern part. As for their light rail, I only rode it once. It is a whole lot cleaner than New Yorks and Philly's subway.

Thanks! Yeah, the Light Rail is amazingly clean, except for the smaller, lesser used stations. But, that's fine, the Subway Stations make up for that immensely.

Nice stuff

Thanks.

Excellent stuff there:tup:!

Thanks!

Nice Pics!

Thanks!

Nice pix of the Pittsburgh Light Rail, wait how come a R-62 went to Pittsburgh? Just kidding R62 1991, :)!

Thanks! Yep, I kinda brought the NYC Subway to their LR, because the propulsion sounds like a muted R160B Siemens.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived