What are the best buses to operate

MissBusGirl

What are the best buses to operate? I would like to drive a hybrid. They look like fun to drive.

I've never been behind the wheel of a bus but my favorite for ride quality is the RTS. The New Flyer C40LF also has alot of power. The older hybrids have a bumpy ride while the newer ones don't, They also have great A/C.

I've never been behind the wheel of a bus but my favorite for ride quality is the RTS. The New Flyer C40LF also has alot of power. The older hybrids have a bumpy ride while the newer ones don't, They also have great A/C.

I agree, I would have to choose the New Flyer C40LF. You can find this bus on the B35, B63, B16, and other Jackie Gleason routes.

Everyone who drives a bus have their opinions about which they like the best overall. Each bus has their own advantages and disadvantages. For transit buses, I personally love driving the New Flyer artics. For OTR coaches I love the Van-Hool T2145.

I drove coaches for this company: http://campuscoachlines.com/. In bad weather I would request a 102-DL3, due to the fact the weight is distibuted evenly throughout the bus, so they didn't slide as much as the 102-EL3 (aka Renaissance), or the Van-Hools. The Renaissance and Van-Hools has a unbelievable turning radius compared to the D models.

For NYCTA I love the New Flyer artic due to the fact it is comfortable. The drivers area is ALOT more spacious, and the 2003 models do have power, as do some of the refurbished older artics. I've always liked driving the larger buses whether a 45ft coach, or a 60ft artic. I would love to drive the Orion VII NG. I hope Kingbridge get some (a classmate of mine still there, said they suppose to be getting hybrids in 2008). I might abandon the artics happily then. I do drive the Orion VII OG CNG, and except for the propulsion, it is the same bus as the Orion VII Hybrid.

Archived